Mauresmo Has Outside Chance of Being #1 If She Wins? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 24th, 2005, 05:39 PM   #1
country flag SelesFan70

SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute
Mauresmo Has Outside Chance of Being #1 If She Wins?

Mary Carillo says she has a "very outside" chance IF she wins. I would think she'll need Lindsay and Maria to lose early, though. Maybe bonus points over Lindsay in the semi-finals and Maria in the Final could push her over the top? Maria CAN'T get any more points to add. Lindsay can by getting to the Final and/or winning. Can someone do the math? I'm too lazy...

Liberals: Hard on the unborn, soft on terrorists

Man-made climate change is a LIE

COUNTDOWN!
SelesFan70 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 24th, 2005, 05:40 PM   #2
country flag harloo

harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute
Momo ain't winning and Scary Mary knows it.

harloo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2005, 05:41 PM   #3
country flag Andrew..

Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute
She doesn't anymore. It would have required Lindsay losing 1r.
Andrew.. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2005, 05:42 PM   #4
country flag Dementinator
Captain of the SS Dementieva

Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute
well as long as she doesnt run into Lena D sure she has a chance ,shes playing well

Once a Lena fan always a Lena fan
Dementinator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2005, 05:44 PM   #5
country flag PaulieM

PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute
well i hope nobody mentions this to amelie otherwise it's going to be choke central

Venus: Wimbledon Champion 2005

Amelie Mauresmo- Amazing! YEC Champ 2005, AO 2006 CHAMP!!

Myskina, Davenport, Kuznetsova, Golovin, Ivanovic, Pierce, Schnyder, Mirza, Benesova

Lindsay Lee Waters, A-L Groenefeld, Dally Randriantefy, Nadia Petrova, Alicia Molik, Kim Clijsters

Roger Federer Forever!

"I was ready to die on the court today"-Amelie Mauresmo
PaulieM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2005, 06:59 PM   #6
country flag densuprun

densuprun has a brilliant future densuprun has a brilliant future densuprun has a brilliant future densuprun has a brilliant future densuprun has a brilliant future densuprun has a brilliant future densuprun has a brilliant future densuprun has a brilliant future densuprun has a brilliant future densuprun has a brilliant future densuprun has a brilliant future
Amelie had a theoretical chance to get to number 1 BEFORE the tournament started.

After the draw was completed, if LD lost in the first round she would finish with 4825 points. Amelie will have 3768 + Wim points, so she would need 1057 points to get to number 1. With LD's 200 quality points not available to her in the semifinals she could only get 1086 at most. So she had a theoretical chance.

But then Lindsay won her first round to push her total up by additional 38 points to eliminate Amelie's chances. Later Domachowska (20 quality points) lost to Sanchez Lorenzo (8), Sprem (30) lost to Tanasugarn (16) who lost to Perry (4). As a result, even if Lindsay had lost in the first round the most Amelie would be able to get is 1086 - (20-8) - (30-4) = 1048 which would not be enough anyway.

So, the most AM can hope for after Wimbledon is #2. QF (224 points) would not help her in this regard even if Maria had lost in the 1st round. SF (440 or 454 points) will be enough if Maria gets less than 232 points. This will happen if Maria loses in R16 or in QF (but only if she beats Bondarenko rather than Dechy in R16). If Maria beats Srebotnik and then Dechy, she'll get 260 points and Amelie will need at least a final to pass her.

Last edited by densuprun : Jun 24th, 2005 at 07:16 PM.
densuprun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2005, 08:01 PM   #7
country flag SelesFan70

SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by densuprun
Amelie had a theoretical chance to get to number 1 BEFORE the tournament started.

After the draw was completed, if LD lost in the first round she would finish with 4825 points. Amelie will have 3768 + Wim points, so she would need 1057 points to get to number 1. With LD's 200 quality points not available to her in the semifinals she could only get 1086 at most. So she had a theoretical chance.

But then Lindsay won her first round to push her total up by additional 38 points to eliminate Amelie's chances. Later Domachowska (20 quality points) lost to Sanchez Lorenzo (8), Sprem (30) lost to Tanasugarn (16) who lost to Perry (4). As a result, even if Lindsay had lost in the first round the most Amelie would be able to get is 1086 - (20-8) - (30-4) = 1048 which would not be enough anyway.

So, the most AM can hope for after Wimbledon is #2. QF (224 points) would not help her in this regard even if Maria had lost in the 1st round. SF (440 or 454 points) will be enough if Maria gets less than 232 points. This will happen if Maria loses in R16 or in QF (but only if she beats Bondarenko rather than Dechy in R16). If Maria beats Srebotnik and then Dechy, she'll get 260 points and Amelie will need at least a final to pass her.
Thank you! Holy cow that was informative!

Liberals: Hard on the unborn, soft on terrorists

Man-made climate change is a LIE

COUNTDOWN!
SelesFan70 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote