The "Ivana Lisjak deserves a cheering thread" thread - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 1st, 2007, 02:17 PM   #91
country flag Nervenbuendel

Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future
Re: The "Ivana Lisjak deserves a cheering thread" thread

Unfortunately Ivana lost in two sets against Schiavone. In set no. # 2 she was up 5:2 and had a number of set points, but later on she lost five games in a row so Francesca was able to win the set finally. Nevertheless Ivana fought brave so the match took some two hours.
Advertisement

Old May 1st, 2007, 03:21 PM   #92
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Same old story!
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2007, 01:05 PM   #93
Viktymise
King

Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute

Ivana won her 1st round at 75k Monzon yesterday 6-0 6-2 she's the 3rd seed
Old May 13th, 2007, 09:39 PM   #94
country flag TheAllan

TheAllan has a brilliant future TheAllan has a brilliant future TheAllan has a brilliant future TheAllan has a brilliant future TheAllan has a brilliant future TheAllan has a brilliant future TheAllan has a brilliant future TheAllan has a brilliant future TheAllan has a brilliant future TheAllan has a brilliant future TheAllan has a brilliant future

Drew top seed Kostanic in the first round of 75K Zagreb. That should be interesting.
TheAllan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2007, 06:39 PM   #95
Viktymise
King

Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute

Ivana won 6-3 6-2 played a terrific match, lots of winners, great win for her
Old May 15th, 2007, 06:43 PM   #96

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Good win Ivana! Maybe she wanted to prove something and had an extra motivation!
Old May 15th, 2007, 09:50 PM   #97
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

omg. she played really well. totally unexpected. in her post-match interview she said that from now on she will try to be more calm on the court and more patient and not let herself make a long series of errors
Old May 16th, 2007, 07:13 AM   #98
Viktymise
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
omg. she played really well. totally unexpected. in her post-match interview she said that from now on she will try to be more calm on the court and more patient and not let herself make a long series of errors
Watching her yesterday was like watching a really different player. I hadn't seen her play loads of matches but the one's i had seen, she would get pissed at herself easily and could really go off for a series of games. Yesterday though she looked really focused, calm and was trying to work out the points alot more. She looked like a top 50 player yesterday, and hit so many winners. Hopefully she keeps this up, she's a joy to watch when playing like this. The next few weeks will be tough, RG points are coming off soon , she could really do with a win here
Old May 16th, 2007, 03:46 PM   #99
Viktymise
King

Ivana won her 2nd round match 6-2 6-0 nice follow up win. Plays Johansson in the quaters
Old May 16th, 2007, 04:22 PM   #100
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

she said she was nervous at the beginning but then really played well in the second half of the match
Old May 16th, 2007, 07:03 PM   #101
country flag Nervenbuendel

Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future

Obviously she is using her potential now in an adequate way. A lot of Winners, mental strength, avoiding erros, focused play are positive signs all the way.
Old May 16th, 2007, 07:21 PM   #102
country flag croat123

my friend who was at the courts today said that she was amazing today. she played very controlled agression, not going for ridiculous winners, but rather setting up the points well. and she served really well too.
Old May 16th, 2007, 07:43 PM   #103
Viktymise
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
my friend who was at the courts today said that she was amazing today. she played very controlled agression, not going for ridiculous winners, but rather setting up the points well. and she served really well too.
sounds promising, i think she's out of her piss poor slump
Old May 16th, 2007, 07:45 PM   #104

I watched Ivana also, she played fantastic, some winners were !
Poor Slovenian could only laugh at times!
Ivana is realy impressive sudenly!
She wasn't going for broke on every shot, just played prety smart tennis!
It sounds strange, but she did slow the rallies at times and waited for right time to hit the winners!
If only she could play more often like this!
Old May 16th, 2007, 08:08 PM   #105
country flag roxi

roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future

Bravo Ive!!!
roxi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote