The "Ivana Lisjak deserves a cheering thread" thread - Page 28 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 8th, 2010, 08:36 AM   #406
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The "Ivana Lisjak deserves a cheering thread" thread

Wow, that was a nice results! Her next match shouldn't be a problem it seems.

She's also listed for qualies of Torhout 100k+H next week, but who knows if she'll even show up there after playing so much lately, especially considering how tough the draw is there (btw, Torhout is Ivana's 3rd choice for the week, I wonder what are/were the first two - some WTA's...?).

Good luck today Ivana!
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 8th, 2010, 06:33 PM   #407
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Limoges QF: Ivana LISJAK (CRO) defeated Audrey BERGOT (FRA) (6) 6-0 6-4

That's eight match wins in a row for Ivana

In the SF, she plays the #2 seed, Julia MAYR, a 19-yo who's very near her CH ranking of 218. It'll be very tough for Ivana to squeeze out another win.

Good luck, Ivana!
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2010, 08:18 AM   #408
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Still going nicely (an even better score than last week against Bergot), congrats Ivana!

On Monday, because of last week's title, Ivana will jump from current #375 to ~#305, and regardless of what happens here in the semis, the week after that she'll jump another 20 spots or so, to ~#285. Making it to the finals here would get her to around 270 and even closer to the qualies of AO, but since she's not defending anything for the rest of this season, I think she has a great chance at making it, even if she doesen't win today.

Yesterday Ivana withdrew from Torhout and is not in the quali draw there, but she also withdrew from a 50k in France the week after that, so I wonder what her plans are for the remaining weeks of the season.

Anyway, good luck today, what ever happens it was another nice week!
Old Oct 9th, 2010, 04:36 PM   #409
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Ivana crushed Mayr. Really needs to make the AO qualies cut off and get back on tour
Old Oct 9th, 2010, 04:46 PM   #410
country flag rrfnpump

rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute

She is just a level above those 25k's. Hope she can win the title tomorrow.

How are her chances of making AO cutoff?
Old Oct 9th, 2010, 05:47 PM   #411
country flag ma re

3 & 2 is a nice scoreline indeed, wonderful job Ivana! So now it'll be at least around 270 in a bit over a week's time, and if she wins tomorrow it'll be between 255 and 260 probably! Not sure how far down the rankings the AO cut-off will go in 2011, but it's usually around and sometimes even under 250 (sometimes well under that).

Getting to another title will be tough, not just because of physical demands of these two weeks for Ivana, but also because of the opponent (who ever that turns out to be). Garcia beat the top seed Feurstein in straight sets in the QF, and Beygelzimer is seeded 4th, ranked inside 240 and has a career that saw her reaching a c-h #83 back in '06. She also leads Ivana h2h 1:0, beating her in Bronx in '05, in straight sets.

Ivana is in some great form, and it was about time. Now go out there and get another title tomorrow.

Ajmooooooooo
Old Oct 9th, 2010, 08:58 PM   #412
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

^ It's against Beygelzimer in the final. This is going to be very tough. Beygelzimer also brings a 9-match winning streak (she won a $25K in Finland last week). She did need three tough sets to beat Garcia, 63 46 76(1), so let's hope she's tired!

Good luck, Ivana!
Old Oct 10th, 2010, 06:08 PM   #413
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Ivana cruised to the title...0&3 I think what's her schedule now?
Old Oct 10th, 2010, 06:16 PM   #414
country flag ma re

Don't know about the schedule, but...

Old Oct 10th, 2010, 07:50 PM   #415
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Hele. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2010, 08:33 PM   #416
country flag networthy

0 and 3?! Wow, Ivana really is on fire.

Her next scheduled tournament is the week of Oct. 25. It's a $25K in Lagos, Nigeria. It has a shockingly strong draw, with seven players ranked in the 100s. Ivana isn't even in the MD but in qualies.

However, she has already withdrawn from another $25K in Lagos the week before so I imagine she'll withdraw from this one too, especially after winning two $25K's in a row.
Old Oct 10th, 2010, 08:34 PM   #417
country flag Karolina_Sprem

Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of

Lisjak is on fire

..Karolina Sprem...
Ana Konjuh
..Ajla Tomljanovic...
...Petra Kvitova...
...Sesil Karatantcheva...
Karolina_Sprem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 09:13 PM   #418
country flag networthy

Nice jump up in the rankings for Ivana this week: from 375 to 312. She'll move up into the 260s when Limoges points are counted next week. That's a big jump from just two tournaments!
Old Oct 12th, 2010, 07:34 AM   #419
country flag ma re

Yeah, really hope she makes it to Melbourne. She's too good not to play Slams (at least qualies).

P. S. Her doubles ranking is improving as well, this week it's from 603 to 517. Still a long way to go, but nice to see her doing well.

Last edited by ma re : Oct 12th, 2010 at 07:48 AM.
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 08:06 AM   #420
country flag ma re

A strange move... After winning two 25k's, Ivana signs up for another one (Istanbul, starting on October 25th), but this is a stronger one and would require her to qualify - she's currently 21st in qualies, so unless she get's a MD WC, there's no way she'll avoid having to qualify. Really don't know what to think about that.