Romina Oprandi adoring thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 16th, 2005, 07:57 PM   #1
country flag Circoletto

Circoletto has much to be proud of Circoletto has much to be proud of Circoletto has much to be proud of Circoletto has much to be proud of Circoletto has much to be proud of Circoletto has much to be proud of Circoletto has much to be proud of Circoletto has much to be proud of Circoletto has much to be proud of Circoletto has much to be proud of Circoletto has much to be proud of
Romina Oprandi adoring thread

Romina Oprandi is perhaps the most promising youth italian player.

This is her identikit
Born: march 1986 in Jegenstorf, Switzerland, from an italian family
Nationality: swiss until 2001, now italian
ITF titles won: 10 (6 singles, 4 doubles; 1 in 2004, 9 this year)
Best result: semifinal in Marseille, $50.000+h, last week
Grand Slam played: 0
Wta tournaments played: 0
Phisical characteristics: not tall but very strong

2005 results (single, double)
Mallorca I ($10K): first round, WIN
Mallorca II (10): WIN, final
Canarie I (10): first round, semifinal
Canarie II (10): WIN, WIN
Rome Parioli (10): WIN, quarterfinals
Rome Tiro a Volo (10): WIN, WIN
Rome Eur (25): - , first round
Civitavecchia (25): quarterfinals, -
Bari (25): quarterfinals, final
Casale (10): WIN, semifinal
Marseille (50+h): semifinal (from qualies), -
Next week: Perigueux ($25K)
Total: 66 matches played, 55 won (35/40 in single).

Romina and his father
Circoletto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 16th, 2005, 09:04 PM   #2
country flag takaja

takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold
I also think that it's the moment to dedicate her a thread (hopefully we have soon other threads for other young italians)

I add that she is 282 in WTA ranking and she has only 1 point to defend until february 2006.

Impressive in this beginning of 2005: she seems to be a winner; now she must demonstrate to win also in some more important tournament than 10k, but i'm quite trusting

Unfortunately she speaks practically only german, but noone is perfect
takaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2005, 05:11 PM   #3
country flag mat87to

mat87to is a splendid one to behold mat87to is a splendid one to behold mat87to is a splendid one to behold mat87to is a splendid one to behold mat87to is a splendid one to behold mat87to is a splendid one to behold mat87to is a splendid one to behold mat87to is a splendid one to behold mat87to is a splendid one to behold mat87to is a splendid one to behold mat87to is a splendid one to behold
She is very strong...but why, instead of going to Fano during the second Wimbledon week, she goes to Bastad (swe) for then coming back in Italy to play in Cuneo???
mat87to is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2005, 06:21 AM   #4
country flag Circoletto

Circoletto has much to be proud of Circoletto has much to be proud of Circoletto has much to be proud of Circoletto has much to be proud of Circoletto has much to be proud of Circoletto has much to be proud of Circoletto has much to be proud of Circoletto has much to be proud of Circoletto has much to be proud of Circoletto has much to be proud of Circoletto has much to be proud of
Uhmmm... because she's crazy?
Old Jun 19th, 2005, 08:30 AM   #5
country flag takaja

takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold takaja is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat87to
She is very strong...but why, instead of going to Fano during the second Wimbledon week, she goes to Bastad (swe) for then coming back in Italy to play in Cuneo???
I try to give an explanation: next week she'll be in Perigueux (France) and she probably hopes to win (and i hope too ). In Fano she should play qualies, instead in Bastad she probably will be in MD directly, so i think that she'll play in Fano only if they will give her a WC...

I hope i explained well my think

Old Jun 20th, 2005, 07:46 PM   #6
country flag mat87to

mat87to is a splendid one to behold mat87to is a splendid one to behold mat87to is a splendid one to behold mat87to is a splendid one to behold mat87to is a splendid one to behold mat87to is a splendid one to behold mat87to is a splendid one to behold mat87to is a splendid one to behold mat87to is a splendid one to behold mat87to is a splendid one to behold mat87to is a splendid one to behold
Is it me or she doesn't play in Perigneux??
Old Jun 20th, 2005, 09:35 PM   #7
country flag Circoletto

Yes, Romina has withdrawn in Perigueux ; perhaps she wants to play in Fano (75k) next week. It will be unlogic (unlogic , i hope it means something in english...) jump a french 25k and play in a swedish 25k, so i think she'll withdrew from Bastad too. I hope that Romina's future program starts in this way: Fano, Modena, Palermo...
Old Jun 21st, 2005, 06:51 AM   #8
country flag takaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circoletto
Yes, Romina has withdrawn in Perigueux ; perhaps she wants to play in Fano (75k) next week. It will be unlogic (unlogic , i hope it means something in english...) jump a french 25k and play in a swedish 25k, so i think she'll withdrew from Bastad too. I hope that Romina's future program starts in this way: Fano, Modena, Palermo...
I hope too

Good luck Romina, wherever you go
Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 11:32 AM   #9
country flag GoSandrine

GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future
As an Italian American I must lend my support to the young breed!

Forza Romina!
GoSandrine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2005, 12:07 PM   #10
country flag Circoletto

Romina has conquered in Bastad (Swe, 25K) victories #56 and #57 of the year beating in first single round Marielle Dittmann 60 62 (always impressive first sets of Romina...) and in first double r. Cetkvoska/Nemeckova (76 64) with Claire De Gubernatis.

The chanche to partecipate at the next slam qualifications is always more near
Old Jun 29th, 2005, 12:27 PM   #11
country flag takaja

I wait for a Romina's win in Bastad

I'm not sure she will play wta qualies... she seems to go very slow... first only 10k, now only 25k and 50k (why she avoided Fano?)...

However good luck Romina!
Old Jul 11th, 2005, 10:12 AM   #12
country flag Circoletto

Summary of a Romina's interwiew published on magazine "Il tennis italiano" by Marco Iaria.

Beginning: i fall in love with tennis at the age of 4, looking my brother Romeo in a tennis lesson. I start to play by myself against a wall, until a master has seen me...
Switzerland: swiss federation has never helped me. It's their usual behaviour and this is the reason cause best swiss players don't partecipate to Fed Cup.
Italy: i love Italy and Rome in particular. Italian federation has always supported me
Parents: my father is born in Bergamo, north of Italy. In youth he transferred to Switzerland looking for work. Two years ago i have choosen italian nationality.
Coach: Marilene Losey, ex swiss player, is helping me since beginning of the year. But she is more a friend than a coach.
Trainer: no one. I train myself in two sport centers owned by my parents in Berne
Secret: knee's injury has forced me to an hard winter's workout, this has elevated my muscular power and penetration of shots.
Targets: i have great spaces of improvement on every kind of shot, in particular on serve and in volley
Ranking: i hope to become a top250 before the end of 2005. Then i will attack the wall of Top100.
Dreams: play for Italy in Fed Cup, win Rome and Paris
Hate: power tennis; my tennis is ancient, i love backhands and dropshots. Modern tennis is not a part of me
Love: football. I play in a club of Berne until 2000, year of the surgery operation at the shoulder. Also my father Roberto was a footballer. A great one: he played in the first league of Switzerland. I love football, but i prefer tennis...
Hobbies: i love music, ice hockey, Juventus football club and going around the city with my friends.
Old Jul 11th, 2005, 11:55 AM   #13
country flag takaja

Thanks Circoletto

Old Jul 11th, 2005, 04:30 PM   #14
country flag mat87to

Do you know which is her program? Could she receive a WC for Palermo's qualifications?
Old Jul 17th, 2005, 07:09 AM   #15
country flag Circoletto

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat87to
Do you know which is her program? Could she receive a WC for Palermo's qualifications?
Yes (too late answer? )

Yesterday Romina has played and won her first Wta match against an other youth italian promise, Giulia Gabba: 6-1 1-1 ret. the score of the first round of qualies in Palermo ($140k).
Today Rom will face Melinda Czink, #126 wta.

Last monday R. has gained her best ranks: 262 in single, 330 in double