Romania's Finest, Raluca Olaru! - Page 201 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 14th, 2012, 10:31 AM   #3001
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Romania's Finest, Raluca Olaru!

QF: Raluca Olaru (ROU) d. Danka Kovinic (MNE) 16 76(2) 62

was 16 13 down.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 14th, 2012, 12:22 PM   #3002
country flag Pebbles
Dementieva

Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing fight Ralu
Pebbles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 02:28 PM   #3003
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Wow, that was impressive. A comeback from Ralu And Danka is a good prospect.
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #3004
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

I'm seriously confused. Some matches are completely thrown away by her and in others she is fighting till the last point.

She became such a moody player, but she is still able to grind out some decent wins here and there considering her current situation. She has still some fighting spirit left in her.
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 08:26 PM   #3005
country flag $uricate
FlopKing.

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

At least she's winning sometimes

Is there really any improvement though?

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 02:04 PM   #3006
country flag soimu

soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all

Raluca only 3 games vs Mitu in the Sofia semifinal.
soimu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 03:56 PM   #3007
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Raluca reached her 4th semifinal of the year. Sofia was a 100K last year, and she reached the second round as a qualifier, so she won't pick up many more points. She needs to string SFs together consistently to start to see any real movement in her ranking.
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 04:05 PM   #3008
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Defeated #3 seed Khromacheva in Telavi 50k, R1

Irina is slumping, but a straight set win sounds very promising and R2 shouldn't be much of a problem either.
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 04:16 PM   #3009
country flag Curcubeu

(Q)Anna Shkudun (UKR) d. Raluca Olaru (ROU) 64 16 64

At this point I really want to know her general motivation to keep on playing, because this is just ridicolous. I don't mean the way she fell down the rankings, but whenever she kind of made an impact by beating a higher ranked opponent, she is losing to the next uber scrub.

Where does she see herself in the future? Becoming an eternal journeywoman?
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 04:35 PM   #3010
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
(Q)Anna Shkudun (UKR) d. Raluca Olaru (ROU) 64 16 64

At this point I really want to know her general motivation to keep on playing, because this is just ridicolous. I don't mean the way she fell down the rankings, but whenever she kind of made an impact by beating a higher ranked opponent, she is losing to the next uber scrub.

Where does she see herself in the future? Becoming an eternal journeywoman?
You can find some answers here.

http://treizecizero.ro/raluca-olaru-...etrecut-viata/

http://treizecizero.ro/editorial-ral...-meu-preferat/

and

http://treizecizero.ro/raluca-olaru-...a-pe-cealalta/
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #3011
country flag Curcubeu

Thanks!

I haven't seen these so far.

However, I can't believe that she is happy with the current situation. Does she expect that progress will come without work? I know she tells otherwise, but words are words.

Even if she only plays 1/20 of the above, it should be enough to beat players like this Shkudun with ease. She must be a shadow of her former self, that's sad.
We are discussing about players like Wozniacki whose games detoriate, but in case of Olaru, it's more than detoriation, it's like forgetting how to play tennis.

And talking about the rivalry in the team, it's good to see that she is positive about it, but in all honesty, it really went downwards with her when Dulgheru and Halep emerged, which is actually a good proof how that concurrence really influenced her...

Last edited by Curcubeu : Sep 27th, 2012 at 05:52 PM.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 04:29 PM   #3012
country flag Ollie_R

Ollie_R has a reputation beyond repute Ollie_R has a reputation beyond repute Ollie_R has a reputation beyond repute Ollie_R has a reputation beyond repute Ollie_R has a reputation beyond repute Ollie_R has a reputation beyond repute Ollie_R has a reputation beyond repute Ollie_R has a reputation beyond repute Ollie_R has a reputation beyond repute Ollie_R has a reputation beyond repute Ollie_R has a reputation beyond repute

What actually happened to Raluca? She was the most promising young Romanian at one stage...and then just disappeared.

Petrova / Stosur / Kuznetsova / Kanepi / Rybarikova / Makarova / Hradecka / K.Bondarenko / Sharapova / Vesnina / Hantuchova / Flipkens / Jankovic / Govortsova / Krajicek / Martic / Lucic / Cetkovska / Rezai / Peer / Begu / Dulgheru / Arvidsson / Larsson / Hercog / Mattek-Sands / Scheepers / Pliskovas / Peng / Minella / Puchkova / Voegele
Ollie_R is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 04:20 PM   #3013
country flag soimu

soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all

^
Hard to say an explanation.

Brasilia 3 ITF 25k
QF Raluca def J Cohen 6-3 6-3.
soimu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 04:31 PM   #3014
country flag Curcubeu

Like a boss this week so far.
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #3015
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

A double bagel and a win over Cohen ? She's definitely back
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote