The Alexa Glatch Cheering Thread - Page 93 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 1st, 2011, 06:34 PM   #1381
country flag simonsaystennis
Team USA

simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Alexa Glatch Cheering Thread

And she is bringing it! Won the first set 6-1!!

Vandeweghe ~ Mattek-Sands ~ King ~ Hampton ~ Riske ~ Glatch ~ Capra ~ Albanese ~ Brengle ~ Craybas ~ Rogers ~ Stephens ~ Boserup ~ Davis ~ Keys ~ Hardebeck ~ Brodsky ~ Gibbs ~ Pegula ~ Min ~ Townsend ~ Duval ~ Vickery ~Kiick
simonsaystennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 1st, 2011, 06:59 PM   #1382
Team USA

simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute

6-1 5-1

Vandeweghe ~ Mattek-Sands ~ King ~ Hampton ~ Riske ~ Glatch ~ Capra ~ Albanese ~ Brengle ~ Craybas ~ Rogers ~ Stephens ~ Boserup ~ Davis ~ Keys ~ Hardebeck ~ Brodsky ~ Gibbs ~ Pegula ~ Min ~ Townsend ~ Duval ~ Vickery ~Kiick
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 07:09 PM   #1383
country flag Srodgers

Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Had 3 Mps so far...
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 07:13 PM   #1384
country flag Srodgers

Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute

She did it! 61 62 over Makarova
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 07:14 PM   #1385
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Alexa Amazing result. Petkovic next though

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 09:11 PM   #1386
country flag LadyBugLove

LadyBugLove is a name known to all LadyBugLove is a name known to all LadyBugLove is a name known to all LadyBugLove is a name known to all LadyBugLove is a name known to all LadyBugLove is a name known to all LadyBugLove is a name known to all LadyBugLove is a name known to all LadyBugLove is a name known to all LadyBugLove is a name known to all LadyBugLove is a name known to all

LadyBugLove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 09:48 PM   #1387
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that's a very impressive score against a solid WTA level player

Petko next, nothing to lose...GL! Alexa!
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 06:45 PM   #1388
country flag LadyBugLove

LadyBugLove is a name known to all LadyBugLove is a name known to all LadyBugLove is a name known to all LadyBugLove is a name known to all LadyBugLove is a name known to all LadyBugLove is a name known to all LadyBugLove is a name known to all LadyBugLove is a name known to all LadyBugLove is a name known to all LadyBugLove is a name known to all LadyBugLove is a name known to all

August 02, 2011 WTATOUR.COM

Getting To Know... Alexa Glatch

CARLSBAD, CA, USA - Now 21, Alexa Glatch set American hearts racing when she made the final of the 2005 US Open juniors - finishing runner-up to a certain Victoria Azarenka - and also reached the second round of the main event. The same year, the young Californian advanced to the semis at the Forest Hills WTA stop but a few months later was involved in an accident that resulted in a broken wrist and elbow. Out of the game for eight months, she nevertheless went on to represent the US with distinction at Fed Cup - earning a nomination for one of the competition's Heart Awards.

We caught up with world No.155 Alexa after her first round win over Ekaterina Makarova at the Mercury Insurance Open, which set a clash with Andrea Petkovic, the No.2 seed.

How did you get into tennis?AG: I started playing when I was about five years old. My parents played a little bit, and I'd go out to the courts at the local club in Irvine with them. I just really enjoyed it from the beginning.

Tell us about your family.AG: My parents are both retired. My mom Lisa was an engineer, and my dad Trey owned his own mortgage business. When I was born he quit his job and stayed at home with me and my brother, Tyler. My brother is 18 now, and getting ready to go to college. he's a golf player. He's going to Boston University, so I'm pretty excited for him.

What's your coaching situation at the moment?AG: I've been working with a guy in Colorado, his name is Andy Potter. Whenever I'm there, I work with him. And when I'm travelling I work with another guy, Rick. He played at Oregon and he's just out of college. We've been working together since the beginning of the year.

How do you describe your playing style?AG: I'd say I'm an all-court player. I have a lot of variety, I like to mix it up - mix up the pace. My serve is one of my biggest weapons, and lately I've just been working on being a little more aggressive and dictating points a little more.

If you could steal a shot from another player, what would it be?AG: I would probably take Rafa's forehand.

Do you have a tennis idol?AG: Growing up, I really looked up to Steffi Graf. I loved watching her play and liked her game… I think that's where I picked up my slice backhand from! Also, Pete Sampras was a big idol of mine.

Best tennis memory so far?AG: Probably Fed Cup, when we played the semis in the Czech Republic in 2009 and I beat both Petra Kvitova and Iveta Benesova, and then also the finals in Italy. Those were two unbelievable experiences and something I'll never forget.

Who has been your toughest opponent?AG: Well, I've played Serena twice, so I have to say Serena!

What are your goals in tennis?AG: You know, just to keep improving every day - keep working hard to try and maximize my potential and see where it takes me. Hopefully that's Top 20, Top 10 some day. But I know it takes time.

Favorite tournament and surface?AG: My favorite surface is hardcourt - I grew up on hardcourts so it feels comfortable for me. My favorite tournament has to be the US Open, being an American. The atmosphere there is unlike anything else.

How far did you go in your education?AG: I was home schooled, mostly, just because of tennis. I mean, I started playing international events when I was 13, and it was just too tough. I was accepted to UCLA but didn't take it up.

What do you like to do for fun?AG: Just normal things. Hang out with friends. Going to the movies. And I love sports - all sports. I started skiing a little bit this past winter, and I also surf. A lot of outdoor stuff.

Do you have a favorite type of music or band?AG: I like Green Day a lot… kind of alternative music.

If you could meet anyone in the world, who would you like it to be?AG: Tony Romo, quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys.

Your house is on fire… what do you grab?AG: I'd save my animals: my four cats - Dizzy, Porky, Peewee and Ziggy - and my dog, Cali.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wtatourarticle.jpg (47.7 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by LadyBugLove : Aug 2nd, 2011 at 06:52 PM.
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 06:54 AM   #1389
country flag LadyBugLove

Alexa lost 6-3, 6-4 to Petkovic. Too bad but a good scoreline against a Top Tenner Just one break difference in each set.

Alexa's brother, friends, Coco V, and Coco V's mom were all rooting loudly for her
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 08:15 AM   #1390
Team USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBugLove View Post
Alexa lost 6-3, 6-4 to Petkovic. Too bad but a good scoreline against a Top Tenner Just one break difference in each set.

Alexa's brother, friends, Coco V, and Coco V's mom were all rooting loudly for her
Thanks for the report! Thought she'd get good support from the home crowd! Were you there??

And very nice effort from Alexa this week

Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 01:50 PM   #1391
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Nice effort against he newly top 10 Petko

It's great to see her receive so much hometown support at the match

Now I wonder where she'll play next
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 02:41 PM   #1392
country flag LadyBugLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsaystennis View Post
Thanks for the report! Thought she'd get good support from the home crowd! Were you there??
No, heard that from twitter
Old Aug 4th, 2011, 05:51 PM   #1393
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely a good showing from Alexa this week. Hope she can just keep building on what's been a good year so far. And she has four cats! I knew there was a reason I like her!

Lena's bangs.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 08:30 PM   #1394
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Alexa

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 08:31 PM   #1395
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Stanford:

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote