WC and pre-qualif - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 21st, 2005, 06:41 PM   #1
country flag ^bibi^
... as though I were in a snake pit...

^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute
WC and pre-qualif

Does anybody know about this ?

I think last year pre-qualfications happened during Roland Garros, so there should be some news now, shouldn't it ?

i can't find anything anywhere...

Current tournaments
Find the latest tournaments here

R.I.P. Elena Baltacha 1983-2014 †
^bibi^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 4th, 2005, 08:44 PM   #2
country flag LefandePatty

LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute
vvv :x
Old Jun 6th, 2005, 05:41 PM   #3
Britfan
Registered 1

Britfan is just really nice Britfan is just really nice Britfan is just really nice Britfan is just really nice Britfan is just really nice Britfan is just really nice Britfan is just really nice Britfan is just really nice Britfan is just really nice Britfan is just really nice Britfan is just really nice
Prequalies are this week, after the announcement of the first batch of wildcards.

According to the BBC website the first wildcards have gone to Elena Baltacha, Amanda Janes, Anne Keothavong, Katie O'Brien, Cara Black and Jelena Dokic. However it also says that there are 3 more to allocate, so possibly Jelena's is for the qualies.
Britfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2005, 05:53 PM   #4
country flag paul_masterton

paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute
Pre-qualifying begins tomorrow

the winner will recieve a main draw wildcard, as will likely teh runner-up seeing as there are 3 spare (the last one may well go to rubin)
paul_masterton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2005, 12:50 AM   #5
country flag exoneuk

exoneuk is a splendid one to behold exoneuk is a splendid one to behold exoneuk is a splendid one to behold exoneuk is a splendid one to behold exoneuk is a splendid one to behold exoneuk is a splendid one to behold exoneuk is a splendid one to behold exoneuk is a splendid one to behold exoneuk is a splendid one to behold exoneuk is a splendid one to behold exoneuk is a splendid one to behold
Will be interesting to see who gets the wildcard. Would LOVE to see Claire or Becky get one! Wheeee! Or Mel...

Or Karen...

Or Sarah...

Or... *runs away*

Wasteful, pointless randomness for your amusement.
exoneuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2005, 06:41 PM   #6
country flag *hingis_forever*

*hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future
1st round:
Bagshaw d. Wigan 62 63
Fritche d. Berry 61 06 63
Baker d. Dandeniya 63 46 63
Khan d. Stoop 64 64
Curtis d. Miles 61 62
Coles d. Fong 64 64
Hawkins d. Mackenzie 36 63 61
Dossor d. Ricketts 63 76(9)

2nd round:
O'donoghue vs. Bagshaw
Fritche vs. South
Borwell vs. Baker
Khan vs. Collin
Peterzan vs. Curtis
Coles vs. Paterson
Llewellyn vs. Hawkins
Dossor vs. Webley Smith

*hingis_forever* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2005, 06:47 PM   #7

*hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future
Some interesting match ups!
O'donoghue vs. Bagshaw could be interesting
As should Peterzan vs. Curtis
I think Hawkins is capable of upsetting Llewellyn!
I think the quarterfinals will look like:

O'donoghue vs. South--------------O'donoghue in 3 sets
Borwell vs. Collin-------------------Borwell in 2 sets
Curtis() vs. Paterson--------------Paterson in 2 sets
Llewellyn vs. Webley Smith----------Llewellyn in 3 sets

O'donoghue vs. Borwell--------------Borwell in 3 sets
Paterson vs. Llewellyn---------------Llewellyn in 3 sets

Llewellyn vs. Borwell-----------------Borwell in 3 sets

That's just my prediction!

Old Jun 7th, 2005, 07:40 PM   #8
country flag Pdm1987

Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of
Please win this Sarah
Pdm1987 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2005, 08:15 PM   #9
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute
What happens to the winners of the prequalifying??? What do they get???
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2005, 08:18 PM   #10
country flag Pdm1987

Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of Pdm1987 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker1989
What happens to the winners of the prequalifying??? What do they get???
A Maindraw Wimbledon WC and hopefully the runner up too
Old Jun 7th, 2005, 08:18 PM   #11

Winner and runner-up get maindraw wildcards I believe. The rest can still get qualifying wildcards I think.

Old Jun 7th, 2005, 08:35 PM   #12
country flag alwayshingis

alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtafan_7
Winner and runner-up get maindraw wildcards I believe. The rest can still get qualifying wildcards I think.
I also believe that is the case. Which leaves us to wonder whether the last Main Draw WC will go to Navratilova or not.
alwayshingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2005, 08:53 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayshingis
I also believe that is the case. Which leaves us to wonder whether the last Main Draw WC will go to Navratilova or not.
That's how they did it last year.

Old Jun 7th, 2005, 08:59 PM   #14
country flag Pdm1987

The winner definitely gets one, and usually the runner up also gets one, although this isn't definate, so the LTA can mess about with it to suit them
Old Jun 7th, 2005, 09:21 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdm1987
The winner definitely gets one, and usually the runner up also gets one, although this isn't definate, so the LTA can mess about with it to suit them
I think they may find a wildcard for Jade Curtis somewhere, either in the maindraw or qualifying draw.