Lindsay's Draw... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 20th, 2005, 12:16 PM   #1
country flag bis2806

bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute
Lindsay's Draw...

is not looking so good, but she sure has her chances to win this tournament.

1st round - Srebotnik
2nd round - Peng
3rd round - Safina / Panova
4th round - Clijsters / Hantuchova
QF - Vera or Mary / Patty
SF - Dementieva / Venus or Myskina
F - Who knows... Probably Momo since Maria has a shit draw

Anyways, the full draw is here: www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=167672

I hope Kim withdraws, and Patty loses early, while Venus underperforms! Whatever it takes for Lindsay to win, she has to try her hardest. Go Lindsay!!!!
bis2806 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 20th, 2005, 12:30 PM   #2
country flag lindsayno1

lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future
it could be a LOT worse. plus kims injured and cant slide!

plus its better than having justine lurking around!

Jelena Jankovic
Mary Pierce MARTINA HINGIS! Kim Clijsters Ana Ivanovic
lindsayno1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2005, 01:47 PM   #3
country flag LindsayRulez

LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of
If Lindsay can get through Kim in the 4th round, assuming they're both there, then she can go a lot further, especially with Kim not being fully healthy right now....

mixed emotions right now I guess
Old May 20th, 2005, 02:15 PM   #4
country flag Kelly

Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of Kelly has much to be proud of
im kinda bummed...could have been better but it could have been worse.....anyway

GO LINDSAY!!!

TOWER OF POWER 2006

Kelly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2005, 02:48 PM   #5
country flag RayRob
Team WTAworld

RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of RayRob has much to be proud of
I think the only bumming thing about this draw is Lindsay could meet Kim in the forth round but given the fact that Kim is having major troubles with movement (she was very detailed in a resent BBC Tennis Article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/4517031.stm ) I think Lindsay has a shot if she can expose this weakness.

Patty is playing well, and on clay of all surfaces but I think Lindsay could come through. Say Lindsay would come up against Patty in the quarters, Patty is likely to be a bit nervy, given the fact that by winning that match would mean a grand slam semi-final!

If Lindsay doesn't come through that top half, my outside bet is on Patty making the final, this is taking into consideration Kims injury as well as an out of form Venus and Demetieva's not-so-good serve. Elena D is in a tough quarter so I wouldn't count on her coming through.

It should be interesting and the person I'm going to be watching is Kim to see how her injury copes with the surface!

Lindsay has a shot and I went through "who would have been in her quarter had serena not pulled out?" and the draw didn't seem to be any better! We'll see - this year, I'm looking forward to it!

-Rache
RayRob is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2005, 03:45 PM   #6
country flag GrapeTree

GrapeTree is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't like the draw very much.
I mean, firstly, in the second round Linda will definitely play with our Chinese girl Peng. I believe Linda, of course, but i just hope Peng can have more chances to go further in the Slams.
What is worse, Linda and Kim may meet in the 1/4 final. Kim always won Linda, i hate her. Wish her injuries worse and worse.

PS, bis2806, your head portrait is so cute. She looks like a little Britney,
GrapeTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2005, 04:09 PM   #7
country flag lindsayno1

lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future lindsayno1 has a brilliant future
RAAA quit with teh linda!

Jelena Jankovic
Old May 20th, 2005, 05:14 PM   #8
country flag Elldee

Elldee has a brilliant future Elldee has a brilliant future Elldee has a brilliant future Elldee has a brilliant future Elldee has a brilliant future Elldee has a brilliant future Elldee has a brilliant future Elldee has a brilliant future Elldee has a brilliant future Elldee has a brilliant future Elldee has a brilliant future
My thoughts on the draw/this thread.

- Maria's draw isn't shit pre-QF against Justine, but at least we know it's unlikely she'll do more than just defend last years points and she has some tricky players like Suarez.

-The middle two quarters seem easier than the others thanks to the inconsistent Russians getting lots of high seeding... Amelie really has an awesome draw.

-Patty won't get nervous going for a semi [after the previous 2 AO's] and she's beaten Lindsay before... Lindsay would need to keep it close.

-Kim is a tough prospect but personally, I really like Kim so at least one of the will more than likely be in the quarters.

- Kim is a question mark in terms of her injury so I feel that Lindsay and Maria's draws are equally bad in that Maria will definately go out in the quarters.

-Martinez/Henin-Hardenne - that'll be interesting... I dislike them both.

- If this was Wimbledon, other than Serena not taking part, I'd not be particularly happy but as it's 'just' Roland Garros which Lindsay only has an outside chance of winning, I'm not too disheartened.

Elena Bovina | Anastasia Myskina | Flavia Pennetta
Fernando Verdasco | Tommy Haas

Q. Give us an update on the kid.
A. Are you serious?
Elldee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2005, 06:23 PM   #9
country flag bis2806

bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute bis2806 has a reputation beyond repute
Sharapova definitely has a tough draw, so personally I wouldn't be surprised if she loses early.

PS. Stop calling Lindsay "Linda" - it's annoying and 'Linda' and 'Lindsay' are both different names. ie Linda is NOT a nick for Lindsay - it sounds dumb. Anywho, Peng can be quite challenging, but Lindsay should dispose her in straight sets.
bis2806 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2005, 07:02 PM   #10
country flag Elldee

Elldee has a brilliant future Elldee has a brilliant future Elldee has a brilliant future Elldee has a brilliant future Elldee has a brilliant future Elldee has a brilliant future Elldee has a brilliant future Elldee has a brilliant future Elldee has a brilliant future Elldee has a brilliant future Elldee has a brilliant future
Does it really matter about the Linda thing? It could catch on

Elena Bovina | Anastasia Myskina | Flavia Pennetta
Fernando Verdasco | Tommy Haas

Q. Give us an update on the kid.
A. Are you serious?
Elldee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2005, 10:08 PM   #11
country flag foreva lindsay

foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of foreva lindsay has much to be proud of

Elena Baltacha Alicia Molik
*Alicia's coming back!!! *

Lisa Raymond Rennae Stubbs Nadia Petrova Anna-Lena Groenefeld
foreva lindsay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2005, 10:27 PM   #12
country flag joaco

joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsayno1
it could be a LOT worse. plus kims injured and cant slide!

plus its better than having justine lurking around!
definetely... i believe Lindsay has got a really nice draw!
joaco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2005, 01:58 AM   #13
country flag Andrew.
A winner is me.

Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold
I think Paola beats Sharapova in the 3r...If not then, Hype is for sure losing to Justine.

And LOL2005 at the Mauresmo in the final prediction.

Justine is so winning this tournament.
Old May 21st, 2005, 08:14 AM   #14
country flag lindsayno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaco
definetely... i believe Lindsay has got a really nice draw!

no its deffo not nice... but could be worse! Shes away from henin and sharapova

Jelena Jankovic
Old May 21st, 2005, 06:17 PM   #15
country flag Frederic

Frederic is just really nice Frederic is just really nice Frederic is just really nice Frederic is just really nice Frederic is just really nice Frederic is just really nice Frederic is just really nice Frederic is just really nice Frederic is just really nice Frederic is just really nice Frederic is just really nice
Well, it's quite hard to expect something about Kim, because she is such a good player, and she could even beat Lindsay with her injury, as Lindsay hates red clay... Personaly, I think that Lindsay's draw is tough, Peng in the 2nd will be hard, Kim in the 4th round will be a very tough match for Lindsay, and if she wins, she will meet Shnyder, who is one of the best player on clay... But she still has chances to go far in the draw... GO LINDSAY!!!!!!!