Report: Monday Q+MD - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 9th, 2005, 05:36 PM   #1
country flag HectorMagnus

HectorMagnus has a reputation beyond repute HectorMagnus has a reputation beyond repute HectorMagnus has a reputation beyond repute HectorMagnus has a reputation beyond repute HectorMagnus has a reputation beyond repute HectorMagnus has a reputation beyond repute HectorMagnus has a reputation beyond repute HectorMagnus has a reputation beyond repute HectorMagnus has a reputation beyond repute HectorMagnus has a reputation beyond repute HectorMagnus has a reputation beyond repute
Report: Monday Q+MD

First match I watched today was Pous-Tio against Azarenka. I was sure from the beggining of the match that Pous would win, she's a good clay courter and her all court game prevailed very soon. Pous had a great movement and was clear that she was the master of the match. I left soon and walked to watch Tu - Blahotova match.
It was very dramatic and leveled match, Olga had great chance to win it but failed in the decisive moments.
First set (6:2) was very quick espacially thanks to Blahotova mistakes who easily gave it over to American. Second set was quite different: Blahotova played more accurate and started to dictate the game. All of sudden it was Tu who was erratic and when she was 0:4, she started to concentrate on final set. Solid FH strokes and presure to Blahotova's BH caused that Tu had 4:0* lead. But then Blahotova once again started to be more accurate and started to fight about every single point - she won 4 games in row and leveled it. But Tu woke up and had to lift her game to win last two games of match.
There were several players watching the match: Daniilidou and Safina who chatted friendly and Kremer who talked with Tanasugarn. And also Nicole Pratt was there; she watched several matches and talked with coaches.

Then I moved to centre court where Jelena Kostanic and Lilia Osterloh showed great, great performance. It was high quality match, superbly played from both players. I don't want to run down performance of other players but it was clear that there's another level of tennis and especially Kostanic is complete player with great scale of strokes, super service and movement.
Kostanic got first break at *3:1 but didn't hold. At 3:2* Osterloh again struggled with her serve and let Kostanic to break her again. One break of serve was enough for Kostanic and she won the first set in 38 minutes.
Jelena started great in second, break for *1:0 but then she picked a weak moments. Osterloh tried her best to keep herself in game; she played long agessive strokes and used all her power to tie with opponent. But it was clear that she wouldn't be able to play as great all match and probably would physically burn out late in the match. But for now she played very good game and forced Kostanic to make errors. Lilia was 4:1* and she could rely on her serve.
Weather wasn't good and sometimes strong wind and cold made the game more difficult. Kostanic didn't want to play a three setter and improved the length and accuracy and leveled to 4:4*. Next games were really tight, it was battle for every point and Osterloh had a great opportunity (she missed about 3 or 4 setpoints) to make it 1 set all but was more and more tired and her serve went away and never came back.
Tiebreak showed Jelena's dominance, she was up 6:3 then missed three MP's but double fault by Osterloh gave her one more MP which she finally took.
Last match I saw was Cho - Daniilidou. Another pretty and top match; Daniilidou was more and more dissapointed that playing against quick Cho was like playing against wall .
Cho played wonderful defense, was like motor mouse and when in big troubles, she played defensive accurate lob which Daniilidou smashed wide....
Three passing shots and three wicked overhead smashes completely destroyed Eleni's confidence (she smashed one of them in her own half ). 6:2 and 6:4 was a bit dissapointing result because Eleni obviously can do better on clay but she needs to be more patient.

That's all for today, I'm but it was a nice day and I hope weather will be even better tomorrow
HectorMagnus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 9th, 2005, 05:41 PM   #2
Jem

Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future
Much thanks for your reports!
Jem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2005, 05:49 PM   #3

HectorMagnus has a reputation beyond repute HectorMagnus has a reputation beyond repute HectorMagnus has a reputation beyond repute HectorMagnus has a reputation beyond repute HectorMagnus has a reputation beyond repute HectorMagnus has a reputation beyond repute HectorMagnus has a reputation beyond repute HectorMagnus has a reputation beyond repute HectorMagnus has a reputation beyond repute HectorMagnus has a reputation beyond repute HectorMagnus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem
Much thanks for your reports!
not at all
Old May 9th, 2005, 05:50 PM   #4
country flag shirgan

shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future
Thanks
shirgan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2005, 06:37 PM   #5
country flag Vut
Team WTAworld

Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks!
Old May 9th, 2005, 06:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vut
Thanks!
ha, I forgot on Tanasugarn - Nagyova match but it's true that I didn't see much of it, only last games; Tammy made many UE's and practically beat herself but as usual, she was all smile , very sweet
Old May 9th, 2005, 07:43 PM   #7
Grafiati

Grafiati is a name known to all Grafiati is a name known to all Grafiati is a name known to all Grafiati is a name known to all Grafiati is a name known to all Grafiati is a name known to all Grafiati is a name known to all Grafiati is a name known to all Grafiati is a name known to all Grafiati is a name known to all Grafiati is a name known to all
Hi everyone,
I will add on to what HectorMagnus reported and try to edit out the ATP parts.

Jelena Kostanic's biggest weapon is definitely her forehand, she looks to it often. Lilia's five set points started off 0-40 on the Kostanic serve, and Lilia hit three straight backhands in the net. She moves so carefully, she doesn't expode like she needs to, and even though she has good strokes she doesn't get aggressive enough to reach a higher level on tour. Still, she was so close to a third set (5 set points wasted).

Nagyova was funny in being so superstitious- after every winning point on her serve, she needed the ball back (made difficult by the fact that the ballkids are a bit hesitant and inexperienced). She really impressed me 4 years ago in New Haven but seems to have regressed. She was honestly nothing special- which surprised me- as she just needed to use dropshots and keep the ball relatively deep to beat Tanasugarn.

Safina and Kremer were playing points on the practice court and Anne was actually winning many of them- Safina yelled to her mother quite often.

Craybas hit with Pratt, Pastikova watched her countryman lose a 3rd set tiebreaker in men's qualifying, and then I caught some of Eleni's match... she clearly has good strokes and great talent, but she is lacking all confidence. Cho played well and would have been tough in any case, but Eleni really took herself out of it by flubbing easy volleys or just doubting herself every step of the way.

Benesova went down a break in her match against Hlavackova but she turned it around with flat hitting. She must weigh under 50 kilos!!!! She's so tiny but hit the ball well to come back and win.

Pratt, Kremer, Safina, and Tu were all watching Eleni's loss... Eleni was just shaking her head at herself, she seems way out of it.

Shahar Peer was watching Sela play men's doubles qualifying- she looked relaxed.

Loit went out to hit with a righty double-hander on both sides. I can't recall who it was, as it began to rain while Pratt hit with her coach.

I will try to get some pictures taken and posted.

Sorry this isn't exciting, I was too busy running around seeing some of the men's matches and eavesdropping on Corretja (Spanish is my 2nd language)!
Grafiati is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2005, 07:49 PM   #8
country flag shirgan

shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future
Thanks Grafiati

Why not exciting?
For me it was very interesting
shirgan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2005, 07:51 PM   #9
country flag :Rawwb:
Team WTAworld

:Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Hector, really appreciate it, it wouldnt let me rep you thoiugh lol
:Rawwb: is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2005, 07:52 PM   #10
country flag tobi
Vamorza!

tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute
Thanx Hector & Grafiati ,great reports
Old May 9th, 2005, 07:53 PM   #11
country flag Mathijs

Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute
thanks Hector and Grafiati for your reports

I didn't knew Iveta was tiny, well i hope i can figure it out on Rosmalen this summer

Once a Lena fan, always a Lena fan!
Chief Officer of the new SS Dementieva
Admirer of the sky and all its stars and constellations at night
FC Groningen, olé olé olé, Groningen olé Groningen olé FC Groningen olé olé olé
Mathijs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2005, 08:13 PM   #12
country flag Jodie

Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute
Tnx Hector & Grafiati

Friendship is when people know all about you
but like you anyway
Jodie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2005, 08:52 PM   #13
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks to both

Iveta seems to be slimer every week
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2005, 10:37 PM   #14
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys, I really enjoy reading these reports everyday!!!
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2005, 10:43 PM   #15
country flag rated_next

rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute
thanks for the reports

what is Andrea Hlavackova's style of play?
rated_next is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote