Its Official - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 8th, 2005, 01:38 PM   #1
country flag azza

azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute
Its Official

Peter Luczak and Sophie Ferguson got the FO WC'S

Luczak and Ferguson score French Open wildcards

May 6, 2005

Melbourne, May 6 - Australia’s Peter Luczak and Sophie Ferguson have been announced as the recipients of wildcards into the French Open main draw, under a reciprocal agreement between Tennis Australia and the French Tennis Federation.

Luczak, aged 25, is currently Australia’s third highest ranked player at 131 in the world.

Since the completion of the Australian summer circuit, Luczak has played an extensive claycourt season in South America and Europe, reaching the semifinals of an ATP tournament in Brazil and defeating world No.48 Florian Mayer of Germany in Munich recently.

Luczak, currently training in Germany, said he was overjoyed to receive the main draw wildcard.

Peter Luczak: reached the semifinals of an ATP tournament in Brazil this season.

"I have been working really hard on clay in the past 12 months and have probably had two of my biggest wins on the surface this year," he said. "I feel like I have a good chance to do well at the French Open and it is a real bonus not to have to play qualifying."

He has contested qualifying at the French Open three times previously from 2002-2004, but has not been able to progress past the second round.

Peter Johnston, Head of Men’s Tennis at Tennis Australia, said that Mark Philippoussis had initially been offered the men’s wildcard.

"Mark has been working hard in the United States with his new coach Andrew Florent, however he advised us that he wouldn’t be ready in time to contest the French Open and was going to focus his energies on the grasscourt season leading up to Wimbledon," said Johnston.

Sophie Ferguson: winning debut in Fed Cup.

Joining Luczak and making her main draw debut at Roland Garros is 19-year-old Sophie Ferguson.

Ferguson is Australia’s fifth ranked player at 246 in the world and is coached by tennis legend Tony Roche. She recently made a successful Fed Cup playing debut when the Optus Australian Fed Cup Team competed in New Delhi, India in April.

At the Medibank International in Sydney this year she received a main draw wildcard and pushed then world No.27 Magdalena Maleeva to three sets.

As a wildcard at this year’s Australian Open, she reached the second round by defeating Nuria Llagostera Vives of Spain before losing to No.11 seed Nadia Petrova of Russia 4-6 6-0 6-1 on Rod Laver Arena.

Janet Young, Head of Women’s Tennis at Tennis Australia, said that Ferguson was a very promising player who enjoyed the big occasion.

"I’m very pleased that Sophie will have the chance to compete at her second Grand Slam and build on the momentum she started with her results at the Australian Open in January and her success at the recent Fed Cup Tie in India," she said.

The 2005 French Open will be held at Roland Garros, Paris from Monday 23 May – Sunday 5 June.

So in the French Open we have

Main Draw Samantha Stosur Nicole Pratt Evie Dominikovic and Sophie Ferguson
Quallies: Noone

for the Mens

Main Draw: Lleyton Hewitt Wayne Arthurs Scott Draper Peter Luczak
Quallies Todd Reid Chris Guccione (Maybe Marc Kimmich )
azza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 8th, 2005, 03:13 PM   #2
country flag gillibean

gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold
doubles?
Old May 8th, 2005, 03:46 PM   #3
country flag azza

azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute
This is Just guessing but

Samantha Stosur Nicole Pratt Bryanne Stewart Rennea Stubbs Lisa Mcshea Evie Dominikovic

Wayne Arthurs Paul Hanley Todd Woodbridhe Todd Perry Scott Draper Peter Luczak Stephen Huss Jorden Kerr Ashley Fisher
Old May 8th, 2005, 05:06 PM   #4
country flag gillibean

gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold
do u not reckon sophie
Old May 8th, 2005, 05:46 PM   #5
country flag azza

Sophies doubles ranks is i think Below 750 so very 99.99% strongly doubt she will get in
Old May 8th, 2005, 11:00 PM   #6
country flag gillibean

no its now in the 400s
Old May 9th, 2005, 03:53 AM   #7
country flag azza

she still wont get in
Old May 9th, 2005, 04:10 AM   #8
country flag gillibean

how did she get into the aus open for womens doubles and mixed doubles? cos she's aussie?
are mixed doubles rules the same
Old May 9th, 2005, 05:08 AM   #9
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillibean
how did she get into the aus open for womens doubles and mixed doubles? cos she's aussie?
are mixed doubles rules the same
Exactly the same as singles. She was given WC's into the doubles.
Mate, don't expect Soph to get str8 into a GS doubles for at least another year! As good a singles player as she is - doubles isn't happening. She'll really have to learn how to volley before we see her in any MD doubles draws, I think she's getting there. Let's be happy she's doing well in singles.
SeanyQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2005, 05:23 AM   #10
country flag gillibean

ok
Old May 9th, 2005, 07:01 AM   #11
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute
now will everyone believe me that luczak got the wildcard not flip

ausboy are you hiding??? lol
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2005, 01:16 PM   #12
country flag azza

Imagin Luczak Vs Federer
Old May 10th, 2005, 08:53 AM   #13
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute
no luczak vs nadal or coria!!!

and sophie vs henin hardenne
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2005, 10:04 AM   #14
country flag broncosven

broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute
Sophie vs Peter

(Cmon people lets think outside the box)

Alicia Molik~Nicole Pratt~Samantha Stosur~Christina Wheeler

Nicole Kriz~Monique Adamczak~Isabella Holland~Jessica Moore

Emily Hewson~Trudi Musgrave~Sophie Ferguson~Casey Dellacqua
broncosven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2005, 12:11 PM   #15
country flag azza

Ferguson/Federer Vs Luczak/Henin hardenn