17 days (was 1000 days..) - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 07:41 PM   #16
thefreedesigner
Team WTAworld

thefreedesigner is a glorious beacon of light thefreedesigner is a glorious beacon of light thefreedesigner is a glorious beacon of light thefreedesigner is a glorious beacon of light thefreedesigner is a glorious beacon of light thefreedesigner is a glorious beacon of light thefreedesigner is a glorious beacon of light thefreedesigner is a glorious beacon of light thefreedesigner is a glorious beacon of light thefreedesigner is a glorious beacon of light thefreedesigner is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
It was ridiculous for Dementieva and Kournikova to skip Sarasota
For Kournikova yes, but for Dementieva? No way, if she was in her right mind she would be a semifinalist now.... but I guess hindsight is a wonderful thing.

As for the title drought, you Russian guys (and gals ) must be tearing your hair out... but Nastya, Dementieva and Anna will win tournaments this year. Lina and Nadya will be back too.

On that cat, I agree with you. It will happen. 100% certain.
Advertisement

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 07:56 PM   #17
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
i can't wait for another of one the girls to hit the tour.
Vera Douchevina is still blank when it comes to tourns of any level.

She's gonna be one to watch as well.

best attacking player we have.
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2002, 08:33 AM   #18
country flag fresh2flash

fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of
Elena will win in Bol. I`ll be there to cheer her up
Old May 3rd, 2002, 05:23 PM   #19
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
1020 days and counting.. We will have a three-year anniversary in mid-July and 11 hundreds 5 days after that. It will happen, guys.. Unless Anna can do something in Warsaw next week.

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2002, 05:31 PM   #20
country flag fresh2flash

fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of
Yes, unfortunately. How can one be serious regarding Elena`s chances of winning a tournament if she loses to a player of Garbin level .
Old May 12th, 2002, 11:33 AM   #21

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
the jinx is no more

Elena won the final 6-3 6-1

Zdorovo Lenochka !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

finally it has happned

well done and congrats Elena
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
Old May 12th, 2002, 12:10 PM   #22
country flag fresh2flash

The Russian ban has been lifted!!! Hooray!!!!
Old May 13th, 2002, 01:19 AM   #23
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute

It took 1035 days!

Time to start new count, hopefully much shorter one..

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2002, 02:10 AM   #24
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

I have just re-read all these posts, and I don't see Elena Bovina's name mentioned AT ALL as one of the players who could possibly break this terrible Curse. Even the youngsters are mentioned, but not Elena B. How could this player, her ranking fallen to #94, mired in a year-long slump, possibly be The One who would answer our pleas? So, it was no wonder that none of us thought of her.

So I find it extremely satisfying that the humble Elena B. turned out to be The One. She broke out of her own slump, won her first WTA Singles title in very convincing fashion, and ended the Russian Curse, all in one go.

Elena Bovina, I am so proud of you!!! During your year of losses piling upon losses, watching your ranking slowly but relentlessly dropping, you never gave up, never lost hope; you just kept working, kept hanging in there -- and today you got your reward, the first of many WTA titles.

Be wise, Elena, and keep that low profile -- so low a profile she barely registers even here in Russian Roulette!! -- and just keep on quietly working your way up. Do it your way. Because, obviously, your way works. I am really, really happy to be your fan.
auntie janie is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2002, 03:13 AM   #25

Elena played a smarter schedule according to her rank, non of the big clay events.

Estoril, Budapest, Bol and Warsaw.

Very wise move
Old May 13th, 2002, 02:41 PM   #26
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Well said Janie! But it sounds like you're the kind of person who said, "I told you so"! Are you?

Eggy, I know Vera D. is a fine prospect. But you think she's the best attacking player from Russia? Did you see the film footage of Maria Sharapova serving and volleying? She looked very natural and smooth doing it. You can tell Maria has been very well coached. And Eggy, didn't Maria whip Vera in the junior Australian hardcourts earlier this year? Anyway, the film footage of Maria serving and volleying in her first round doubles match at Indian Wells. And it's located at http://www.manmademultimedia.com/mag...s/sport/tennis

Just scroll down a little past half way for the footage.

Last edited by the cat : May 13th, 2002 at 02:46 PM.
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2002, 02:45 PM   #27

Cat..... I've seen both play although i missed their head-to head clash.

Vera comes in alot more as well. I know both girls will hit the heights around 2004
Old May 13th, 2002, 02:49 PM   #28
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Man Eggy! You are everywhere! Vera is bigger than Maria, right? I wish Vera was being trained at Bollettieri's. Don't you? As it stands now, Vera is very inexperienced for a 15 year old. I hope she can catch up.
Old May 13th, 2002, 05:44 PM   #29
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

bad cat!

How in the world could I say "I told you so" when I as well as everyone else never thought Elena would be the one to break the Russian Curse??? That would be pretty lame!
auntie janie is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2002, 08:06 PM   #30
the cat

Thrashing me Janie? That's unecessary roughness, and a 15 yard penalty!