17 days (was 1000 days..) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 09:51 PM   #1
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
17 days (was 1000 days..)

The Sarasota tournament is our last chance to prevent this "anniversary" from happening. If Nastya or Tanya don't win Sarasota, on Saturday, April 13 we will "celebrate" our 1000 days without a title. I.e. 1000 days since Nastya won Palermo.

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!

Last edited by ys : Mar 4th, 2003 at 09:15 PM.
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 11:23 PM   #2
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
ys,
may I paste your post at CNNSI? We were JUST NOW discussing this on the Rising Star fan zone.

I am rooting for Anastasia to win this week.
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2002, 11:57 PM   #3
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
Sure..

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
Old Apr 5th, 2002, 01:00 AM   #4
FroggyLight

FroggyLight has disabled reputation
Davai Nastya YOU CAN WIN THIS!!!

"I'm not a creature of the night, mate." - Pat Rafter

Scott stop trying to get me killed

- Sweetness -

I was spinning free with a little sweet and simple numbing me.
What a dizzy dance.
This sweetness will not be concerned with me.
No the sweetness will not be concerned with.

FroggyLight is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2002, 02:26 AM   #5
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
1000 days is 993 too much

ideally one winner per week but realistically one per month should be attainable.
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2002, 05:11 AM   #6
country flag fresh2flash

fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of
I`ll be quite satisfied with 4 titles in a year if these are the Grand Slam tournaments
Old Apr 5th, 2002, 05:15 AM   #7
country flag fresh2flash

fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of
But potentially in the final Nastya may play Jelena. Damn, two of my favourites playing each other, and Dokic even stands higher in my list But in view of the sad anniversary I will diminish and will root for Nastya !!!

Go girl!!!
Old Apr 5th, 2002, 03:31 PM   #8
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
That's the wrong kind of anniversary. But don't worry ys, the "Russian Lynx" will change all of Russian tennis history over the next few years. Udachi Maria!
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2002, 11:29 PM   #9
country flag Cassius

Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of
OK, so its been 1000 days since a Russian girl won a tournament.

I bet none of you can guess how long its been since an English (oh, all right then. BRITISH) girl won a tourny?

I wonder if an English girl has won a tournament since I've been born. I was born in 1984 btw.
Anyway, I don't remember any Englishwoman winning.
Cassius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2002, 09:16 PM   #10
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow

How about that Tiny Tatiana! SHE is the one in the final in Sarasota. And yet she and Elena L. don't even have cheering threads started on Russian Roulette -- why is that? Not pretty enough? Too old?

HEY -- I'm going to start one for her.
Old Apr 6th, 2002, 11:56 PM   #11
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

You know, Janie, it is not about "not pretty enough or too old".. I, personally, thought that both have very little ambitions and are just trying to make some money for living by playing tennis, which is OK, but that' quite difficult to cheer on this. Apparently I was wrong about Panova..

PLAY TENNIS!
Old Apr 7th, 2002, 12:25 AM   #12
auntie janie

Thanks for the explanation, ys. It makes me wonder if Tatiana has recently changed her attitude? Something is definitely different this year.
But I accidentally answered your post on the NEW Panova cheering thread!
Old Apr 8th, 2002, 05:23 PM   #13
auntie janie

Unhappy

Oh well ... Tiny Tatiana did her best ... now the 1,000 days will pass with no title.

Wouldn't it be funny if Dinara Safina would be the one to break the Curse? And once the Curse is finally broken, will the other Russian players stream through the opened door, or stay behind in their titleless ruts?
Old Apr 13th, 2002, 07:03 PM   #14
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

So, here is the day..
And the background of today's results are quite appropriate for the occasion.

"Congratulations", or should I say, condolences, everyone..

Any bets on whether we are going to reach 2000?

PLAY TENNIS!
Old Apr 13th, 2002, 07:31 PM   #15
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
A Russian girl will wina WTA title this year. It was ridiculous for Dementieva and Kournikova to skip Sarasota, and play the much tougher Amelia Island. The Russian girls need to play alot of smaller events. Something will break soon, ys. I hope!

Don't fret too much. Sharapova, Safina and other Russian junior girls are on there way.
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote