Petra Cetkovska? Any news? - Page 28 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 21st, 2012, 04:55 PM   #406
country flag Bonk

Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of
2012 BNP Paribas Open

Bonk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 23rd, 2012, 08:06 AM   #407
country flag Trickle
Cetkovstan

Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Cetkovska? Any news?

Too bad we couldn't see Petra's comeback over McHale, but she faces Caroline in the next round. I'm really eager to see that match. New Haven final rematch. It will bring back memories for Petra seeing as that match was the closest she had ever been to winning a WTA title. Let's see how she goes.

Rest peacefully, Bally.
Trickle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2012, 09:16 AM   #408
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future

Petra was 0:6 0:4 down and beat Mchale 0:6 7:5 6:1

"I think the score early on was a bit too strict, like the first set seemed closer than 6-0," Cetkovska said. "In the middle of the second set, when I was down 3-0 or 4-1, I changed my game a little bit. I took more risks and played a bit more aggressively, and then the game changed completely. Things that were missing in the first set were starting to go in and the match started turning around."When I was down 60 40 it wasn't lost. There were still more games to play."

Next up for Wozniacki is Cetkovska. "We played in the New Haven final last year," Cetkovska said. "She's a great player. I will try my best against her."

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7039/6...fe46551f_b.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7186/6...261e309d_b.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7210/6...2a41be1d_b.jpg

Last edited by paulmara : Mar 28th, 2012 at 07:52 PM.
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2012, 01:10 PM   #409
country flag RetroDonkey

RetroDonkey is a name known to all RetroDonkey is a name known to all RetroDonkey is a name known to all RetroDonkey is a name known to all RetroDonkey is a name known to all RetroDonkey is a name known to all RetroDonkey is a name known to all RetroDonkey is a name known to all RetroDonkey is a name known to all RetroDonkey is a name known to all RetroDonkey is a name known to all

Something must have clicked in the match against McHale. I was following the scores and, other than a few games in the middle of the 2nd set, when she started to get it going... she really dominated the end of that set and the 3rd. She has had a pretty horrible start to 2012... Loads of double faults, the forehand has looked weak as hell and there hasn't been a whole lot of confidence coming from her play.

Obviously, given the stupid TV rights crap in the US, we couldn't watch this... but I don't think McHale would have went off the boil too much. Her game is pretty consistent and has been over the past few months, albeit a bit one dimensional at times.

Anyway, the fact that Petra said I started playing more aggressive is a big key... and I just hope some switch went off today where she decided "enough is enough" now I'm going to start winning, again. She has the tools to be far better than she has shown in the last few months and given Wozniacki's current form, if she plays confident dictating tennis, she could very well continue on in the tournament.

Again, just really hope this was the case, rather than McHale imploding, like she did against Errani at the French Open last year.
RetroDonkey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2012, 09:50 PM   #410
country flag Trickle
Cetkovstan

Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDonkey View Post
Anyway, the fact that Petra said I started playing more aggressive is a big key... and I just hope some switch went off today where she decided "enough is enough" now
I so hope this is true. This comeback should give her confidence at least to know she can be down 2 games from losing the match and still come back and win. It's a great confidence booster at the very least.

This is the funny part about next match. Caroline's last loss was Petra's last win. Ana Ivanovic.

Rest peacefully, Bally.
Old Mar 24th, 2012, 11:11 PM   #411
country flag RetroDonkey

RetroDonkey is a name known to all RetroDonkey is a name known to all RetroDonkey is a name known to all RetroDonkey is a name known to all RetroDonkey is a name known to all RetroDonkey is a name known to all RetroDonkey is a name known to all RetroDonkey is a name known to all RetroDonkey is a name known to all RetroDonkey is a name known to all RetroDonkey is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFonMatchPoint View Post
I so hope this is true. This comeback should give her confidence at least to know she can be down 2 games from losing the match and still come back and win. It's a great confidence booster at the very least.

This is the funny part about next match. Caroline's last loss was Petra's last win. Ana Ivanovic.
Well... she was looking really good on serve until 3-4 in the 1st, when she threw in 3 DF in a row to lose the game from 40-15 up. Wozniacki has been playing horribly lately, other than whatever is in Petra's mind, she has all the opportunity in the world to beat her.
Old Mar 24th, 2012, 11:27 PM   #412
country flag RetroDonkey

Threw away the 1st set... but up a break 2-0 in the 2nd and serving. POJD!
Old Mar 24th, 2012, 11:32 PM   #413
country flag Trickle
Cetkovstan

Broken back. Ahh. DFs are always Petra's kryptonite.

Rest peacefully, Bally.
Old Mar 24th, 2012, 11:48 PM   #414
country flag Trickle
Cetkovstan

Petra breaks again down from 15. She seems to be horrible with her own game points but can creep up and break Caro.

Rest peacefully, Bally.
Old Mar 24th, 2012, 11:49 PM   #415
country flag Trickle
Cetkovstan

Come on Petra. Potential to turn match around like McHale.

Rest peacefully, Bally.
Old Mar 24th, 2012, 11:53 PM   #416
country flag Trickle
Cetkovstan

Petra holds. Lead in the second set. Come on Petra. Stay on.

Rest peacefully, Bally.
Old Mar 25th, 2012, 12:00 AM   #417
country flag Trickle
Cetkovstan

Caro serving for match. It will be a miracle if Petra breaks again. Doubt it.

Rest peacefully, Bally.
Old Mar 25th, 2012, 12:04 AM   #418
country flag Trickle
Cetkovstan

Oh my god! She broke! Petra. Stop toying with me.

Rest peacefully, Bally.
Old Mar 25th, 2012, 12:12 AM   #419
country flag Trickle
Cetkovstan

Another service game thrown away.

Rest peacefully, Bally.
Old Mar 25th, 2012, 12:24 AM   #420
country flag Trickle
Cetkovstan

Caro wins 6-3, 7-5 Nice try Petra.

Rest peacefully, Bally.