Dominika Cibulkova Thread - Page 116 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 04:21 PM   #1726
country flag Derek.
Two and counting.

Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dominika Cibulkova Thread

Yep, she says podme (poh-may).
Derek. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 04:22 PM   #1727
country flag Chris 84

Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute

Unlucky today Domi

Great tournament overall though

Bibiane Schoofs Flavia Pennetta Anett Kontaveit Aga Radwanska Tara Moore Sorana Cirstea

MY TWITTER
https://twitter.com/ChrissieBhoy
Chris 84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 04:35 PM   #1728
country flag goser

goser is a name known to all goser is a name known to all goser is a name known to all goser is a name known to all goser is a name known to all goser is a name known to all goser is a name known to all goser is a name known to all goser is a name known to all goser is a name known to all goser is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
Congrats Domi on an amazing week. She's half-won me over. She shouts 'podme'. Translation - c'mon/dawaj/ajde. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks

It's nice to hear her shout it. It's always a good indication that she wins
goser is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 04:40 PM   #1729
country flag Derek.
Two and counting.

Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute

So close to a SF.

Still a great tournament.
Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 05:40 PM   #1730
country flag Derek.
Two and counting.

From sonyericssonwtatour.com:

Quote:
Getting To Know... Dominika Cibulkova

DOHA, QATAR - For the past seven years Daniela Hantuchova has been the name synonymous with Slovakian tennis, but this week in Doha has witnessed the emergence of another potential superstar from the land-locked central European nation, Dominika Cibulkova. 2007 was a year to remember for the 18-year-old from Bratislava as she soared up the rankings and judging by her performances since January there is plenty more success in store. After breaking into the Top 50 for the first time after an impressive run at Gold Coast she shot to prominence at this week's Qatar Total Open when she shocked Patty Schnyder and Venus Williams to reach her maiden Tier I quarterfinal.

sonyericssonwtatour.com caught up with Dominika after her famous win over Williams to talk upsets, Fed Cup and Harry Potter!

After reaching your first Tier I quarterfinal, would you say this has been the best week of your career thus far?
Definitely. I'm still trying to realize that I actually beat Venus! She was always one of my tennis heroes growing up, so to get a win over her at such a big tournament is just unbelievable. Before this week I had come close against the top, top players, but never quite done it, so it's amazing to have defeated Patty [Schnyder] and Venus in the same tournament.

Tell us about your hometown?
I was born in a little town called Piasdany, which is about half an hour away from the capital Bratislava. But now I live in Bratislava and that's where my friends and family are. It's a really great city and I always love going back there when I have a week off.

How did you get into tennis?
I think I was a bit of a late starter, as I only began playing at eight-years-old. My mum and dad would just take me to Bratislava to play at the local club and I picked it up quite quickly and I think things just progressed from there.

Is it helpful to have a fellow Slovak, Daniela Hantuchova, in the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Top 10?
It's obviously great for our country that Daniela is doing so well and also great for Fed Cup. I'm hoping that with Daniela playing so well and with me improving we can have a really strong team from now on. Whenever we have played a tie together she has always been really helpful and obviously for me it's amazing to have such a great player to look up to.

You had a great season in 2007, what do you think was the key behind your success?
I think, mostly, it was just down to hard work. I really, really love tennis and practice and when you love something so much it makes training a pleasure! Over the past year, I have made sure I worked so hard in every practice session and it has helped me get in really great shape and improve my fitness which is such an important part of my game.

What would you say are your game's strengths and weaknesses?
Everyone can see I'm not the tallest at just 1.60 meters, so I think I've had to work really hard on my serve and my net play. But I think the work has paid off as they have been improving a lot and this has definitely helped me to move up the rankings. I have also tried to work on reading the game better and my tactics with my coach, as these are so important at this level. As for my strengths, I think I have good movement and am consistent from the back of the court and I like to play as a bit of a counter-puncher.

What are your goals for the season?
Before that start of the year, I just wanted to continue to move up the rankings and get closer to the Top 30. I also wanted to get some victories over Top 10 and Top 20 players as I had come close to beating Nicole [Vaidisova] and Daniela [Hantuchova] in the past, so I knew I could do it. But now after my week in Doha I have shown I can beat the best players and hopefully I can up there in the rankings soon.

What is your relationship with other players on Tour?
I'm pretty close to Agnes Szavay and a lot of the other young players on Tour. But I've no problems with any players and I try and get on with everybody!

What is your favorite Tour stop-off?
I really love Paris. It's a great city and Roland Garros is a fantastic tournament. Paris is so beautiful and has a great ambiance, also, as a girl who loves her clothes, I quite like the shopping!

What kinds of things do you like to do for fun off the court?
When I'm at home in Bratislava I just like to hang out with my friends. Usually we just talk or go to the cinema. I also really like to read, especially Harry Potter as that's my favorite series. I just can't stop reading them when I start!

What are the most difficult parts of being a tennis player?
At first I think it's quite difficult being away from home. I'm only 18 and sometimes it's hard not getting to go home for a long time, but I guess that is part of the job and you get used to it. At the same time, it means you get to see so many cool places across the globe and experience so many great things.

What do you think you would have done if you hadn't become a tennis player?
I have never really thought about it that much and I've always just dreamed of being a tennis player. I think if I could choose one other job though, I would have loved to be an actress. Maybe star in the Harry Potter movies!
Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 06:41 PM   #1731
country flag Lunaris
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek. View Post
(poh-may).
Lunaris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 06:49 PM   #1732
country flag Derek.
Two and counting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunaris View Post
That's what I hear when Nicole says it.
Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 06:50 PM   #1733
country flag Katie.
a million little stars ★

Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of

^Thanks for that article Derek.!

aww Domi did so well today, and this whole tourney. Plus I have totally become a fan after watching her play. Hope to see alot more of her
Katie. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 07:22 PM   #1734
country flag Escape

Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute Escape has a reputation beyond repute

What a amazing week for Domi

So close to the SF though
Escape is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 07:28 PM   #1735
country flag Noelia

Noelia has a brilliant future Noelia has a brilliant future Noelia has a brilliant future Noelia has a brilliant future Noelia has a brilliant future Noelia has a brilliant future Noelia has a brilliant future Noelia has a brilliant future Noelia has a brilliant future Noelia has a brilliant future Noelia has a brilliant future

Very good parties with Schnyder and Williams,GREAT TOURNAMENTI new fan of Dominika

Groenefeld Clijsters Cibulkova Dushevina Vesnina

Kucova
Noelia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 07:40 PM   #1736
country flag houseoflords

houseoflords has much to be proud of houseoflords has much to be proud of houseoflords has much to be proud of houseoflords has much to be proud of houseoflords has much to be proud of houseoflords has much to be proud of houseoflords has much to be proud of houseoflords has much to be proud of houseoflords has much to be proud of houseoflords has much to be proud of houseoflords has much to be proud of

Definately a great tournament for Domi. Coming in, she hadn't beaten a player in the top 20 and now she has beaten 2. She had a tough draw and made the most of it. 2nd serve killed her today, but that is something that she can work on. This has to do wonders for Domi's confidence. She now knows that she can beat the top players in the world. I see more good stuff for her in the future. She certainly has come a long way from those days when I was the lone person in the stands at her junior matches at the US Open. I'm so happy for her. Couldn't happen to a better person
Caroline Krunic Bouchard Coetzer

Golovin, Cirstea, Avants, Dulko, Szavay, Miseviciute, A. Baker, Ivanovic, Larsson, Cornish, Dokic, Cornet, Giorgi, Schoofs, Brengle, Hlavackova
houseoflords is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 09:43 PM   #1737
country flag Natash.
:(

Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute

What do you think you would have done if you hadn't become a tennis player?
I have never really thought about it that much and I've always just dreamed of being a tennis player. I think if I could choose one other job though, I would have loved to be an actress. Maybe star in the Harry Potter movies!

Natash. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 09:48 PM   #1738
country flag FanHochZwei

FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold FanHochZwei is a splendid one to behold
Dominika back to Slovakia for 2 weeks

Dominika withdrew from Dubai and Bangalore, she said in a interview with state slovak press agency. Next is I. Wells.
FanHochZwei is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 10:45 PM   #1739
country flag Kojala

Kojala has a brilliant future Kojala has a brilliant future Kojala has a brilliant future Kojala has a brilliant future Kojala has a brilliant future Kojala has a brilliant future Kojala has a brilliant future Kojala has a brilliant future Kojala has a brilliant future Kojala has a brilliant future Kojala has a brilliant future

/HQs/

Kojala is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2008, 08:05 AM   #1740
country flag smokovec

smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute smokovec has a reputation beyond repute

Great week for Domi, I see both matches with Venus and Radwanska and she play very well.

And also don't play in Dubai and Bangalore for me is a intelligent decision, she plays already 6 Tournaments + Fed Cup this Year, so a little break in the schedule right now is good.

Domi lost 7 times this Year, but 5 matches in the 3rd set, I appreciate that she fight in every match.

Hampton * Radwanska

Cibulkova * Diyas * Hsieh * Muguruza * Paszek * Puig * Vesnina * Zheng

Last edited by smokovec : Feb 23rd, 2008 at 08:11 AM.
smokovec is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote