My German Open (Pictures + Reports) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 30th, 2005, 05:53 PM   #1
country flag Paule22

Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute
My German Open (Pictures + Reports)

Ok, as I'm at the German Open every day, I will provide you with some reports and pictures.

Saturday 30.04.2005

My first match was Jana Kandarr vs. Elena Baltacha. Jana started very badly, I think that's because she has not played on the tour for such a long time. So Baltacha was ahead very quickly up to 4-0 in the first. Then Jana got better into the match and her shots were getting good. Baltacha started to become very pissed off and so Jana got some important points to win this. I think this was the best match today, because Jana played so well after all.

After this match I started to getting a bit around on the grounds and watched a bit of Black-Lisicki and training sessions of Shaughnessy, Hantuchova, Zwonarewa and Sharapowa. Zwonarewa is quiet cute, isn't she? Hantuchova was very thin but it was ok, not like some girls at my school, which have a big problem.

After that I was at Kerber vs. Sfar. I just watched the first set and Kerber hit too many errors and it was quite easy for Sfar to win this set. After this set I left for the draws with Anna-Lena Grönefeld. Nothing very special, just the Qatar TV Channel. The whole grounds are full of arabic spirit, they have build lots of stuff.

Then I was up to make some Pics of Vanessa Henke at her match against Ondraskova. Ondraskova was very good in what I have seen of the first set and had a medical break in the end of the first set. In second set, after Ondraskova had won the tiebreak, her game was getting weak immediately. It was easy for Henke to win the second set and in the beginning of set three it was enough for the "Prager Frühling" and she had to give up.

Now I switched courts and watched the end of the match of Angelika Roesch. Nothing very special, Roesch without a chance against Bohmova.

Then I watched the second set of Gehrlein vs. Kleinova and Gehrlein dominated this and it was easy to win against Kleinova. Nearly at the end of the match Gehrlein fall down and Kleinova asked if she is ok - I just mentioned that because it was a nice gesture, although Kleinova was very pissed of.

After the end of this, I went to the second set of Peschke vs. Petkovic. I felt so sorry for Petkovic, sometimes she was nearly crying, because Peschke was playing enourmsly good. By my side were Tatjana Malek and Barbara Rittner, they both tried to motivate Andy Petkovic. Tatjana then leaved for her match and I wished her good luck- I was happy to met her. And her father is a nice guy to, at least I think he is because he was chatting with another fan and felt very easy about Tatjana.

So now i waited for my favourite match for today : Tatjana Malek vs. Angela Haynes. Tatjana had a very strong start, nearly breaking Haynes for 2-0. But sadly, it lasted not very long. Tatjana played as good as Haynes, even a bit better, but was making to many errors and so it turned really bad. Tatjana had very much breakballs but was not able to take them. Badly enough she was falling down to the ground two times, so her knee was bleeding. But I like her style if she improves and can handle her errors, she will be a TOP-50 player in one or two years.

That was it for today, i was not interested in the last matches so I left after 7 hours of sometimes exiting tennis.

Next post is with a link to a photo gallery but if you want some pics of one of the players mentioned above in particular, just tell me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 30th, 2005, 06:06 PM   #2
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute
report!

If you see Iveta Benesova or Kveta Peshke
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2005, 06:19 PM   #3
country flag Paule22

Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute
Pics are online at http://www.akstra.de/pics/galerien/germanopen/samstag.

If you want a picture without copyright notice and in a much bigger size (3504x2336) send me a pm with your email-adress and the imagenumber(careful, images are big - up to 8MB - add size restrictions of your mail provider).

Last edited by Paule22 : Apr 30th, 2005 at 06:28 PM.
Paule22 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2005, 06:25 PM   #4
country flag Highlandman

Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the report! .. Do you made pics of Roesch or Kandarr?
Venus Williams - My #1 forever.
Angelika Roesch & Andrea Petkovic & Mona Barthel
Victoria Azarenka & Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova
Anna Tatishvili & Jelena Dokic
Highlandman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2005, 06:27 PM   #5
country flag Paule22

I wanted to make a picture of Roesch but I was very busy with my icecream - sorry But I can tell you that she looked very cute.

I took many pictures of Kandarr, see above in the gallery.
Old Apr 30th, 2005, 06:32 PM   #6
country flag Highlandman

Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paule22
I wanted to make a picture of Roesch but I was very busy with my icecream - sorry But I can tell you that she looked very cute.

I took many pictures of Kandarr, see above in the gallery.

Yes, she is very cute , what did she feel after her lost? Was she sad?

Cool, Jana is very sweet
Old Apr 30th, 2005, 06:37 PM   #7
country flag Highlandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paule22
Pics are online at http://www.akstra.de/pics/galerien/germanopen/samstag.

If you want a picture without copyright notice and in a much bigger size (3504x2336) send me a pm with your email-adress and the imagenumber(careful, images are big - up to 8MB - add size restrictions of your mail provider).
Nice pics, Kandarr looks very sweet
Old Apr 30th, 2005, 08:19 PM   #8
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for Kveta pic
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2005, 08:39 PM   #9
country flag LefandePatty

LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks a lot Paule !!!
it would be so great and nice from you to take a pic of Patty if you see her
Old Apr 30th, 2005, 11:52 PM   #10
country flag lauryn

lauryn has a reputation beyond repute lauryn has a reputation beyond repute lauryn has a reputation beyond repute lauryn has a reputation beyond repute lauryn has a reputation beyond repute lauryn has a reputation beyond repute lauryn has a reputation beyond repute lauryn has a reputation beyond repute lauryn has a reputation beyond repute lauryn has a reputation beyond repute lauryn has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks

I look forward to your next reports
Bedanova Benesova Boev Bovina Chakvetadze Claes Clijsters Dementieva Flipkens Gajdosova Hantuchova Hendler Henin-Hardenne Ivanovic Karatantcheva Kleybanova Kutuzova Kirilenko Lisjak Mauresmo Myskina Nowe Pennetta Pin Razzano Safarova Sprem Sucha Vermoezen Zvonareva

WELCOME BACK MARTINA!

lauryn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2005, 01:41 AM   #11
country flag shirgan

shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future
Thanks for the report
shirgan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2005, 04:36 AM   #12
country flag gsm

gsm has a brilliant future gsm has a brilliant future gsm has a brilliant future gsm has a brilliant future gsm has a brilliant future gsm has a brilliant future gsm has a brilliant future gsm has a brilliant future gsm has a brilliant future gsm has a brilliant future gsm has a brilliant future
thanks paule22!!!

really enjoyed!
gsm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2005, 05:36 AM   #13
country flag Sharapova's_Boy

Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the great report.

Sharapova's_Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2005, 07:09 PM   #14
country flag CooCooCachoo
Team WTAworld

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks a lot

Bemelmans|Camerin|Cornet|Crivoi|Cuevas|Dentoni|Dod ig|Garbin|Granollers
Hlavackova|Ilhan|Kohli|Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino| Menendez|Phau|Polansky
Rezaï|Robredo|Roger-Vasselin|Srebotnik|Szavay|Wörle|Zverev

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2005, 07:34 PM   #15
country flag Paule22

Sunday 01.05.2005

Ok today, was a bit strange. First match was Kerber vs. Gehrlein. I don't know what happend at 5-0 and 30-0 with Kerber. From that point on, she was not able to do something right. Without a doubt, Gehrlein shots were getting better, but just one game out of 14 after a 5-0 lead was awful for Angelique. She hit many errors in the second set, but it was just, strange.

Ok after this match I did my usual round around the courts and watched a bit of Sharapowa at Center Court, she does train the whole day, doesn't she? But today she was not so pissed off like yesterday when she just wanted to kick her coaches asses and go to bed or elsewhere.

Next match on Court 1 was Peschke vs. Kandarr and this was a very clear thing - Peschke was never really in trouble, she was even able to loose her service twice in first sentence. Jana was not playin really bad - but Peschke was just to good, to precisive, e.g. using stops when it was exactly the right moment. I don't know what she is doing in Qualifing. But nice to see Jana again, and for me the first time live - she is very georgeus and a quiet nice person. Once today she was helping the ball kids, like all the time, but then she hits on of the officals with her stroke and felt so sorry, it was really funny, Jana crying her heart out "Attention, Attention - SORRY!"

Next match was Tu vs. Müller and Müller was dominating the match in the first sets, Tu was very pissed off because of some decisions of the referee. I left this match because I was a bit bored of Court 1 and wanted to see what happens on the other courts. So I watched a bit of Haynes vs. Obziler, but I don't know really how they played, because I wasn't so interested, so I took some pictures and then watched Mary Pierce on the court nearby. She was training with some guy and looked quiet good. But this was boring too so I went into Center Court and found Nadia Petrowa and Wera Zwonarewa alone with their coaches. They did a training match and Vera was really bad and was nearly crying - even in training! She seems to be a wrack in nerves, if something went wrong she was so pissed of. Nadia was very focussed and hit some nice shots.

I wanted to see Lisicki but the court was so crowded that I was not able to get into it. So I watched the doubles qualifiying between the Barna sisters and Malek/Kerber. Malek and Kerber was a lot better then the Barna sister, they just played rubbish, especially Anca. So Tatjana and Angie won easily.

So now I interrupted my report for 2 hours, because of school stuff, sorry for being so late.

Ok after that my mum came to the grounds and we did some other stuff, watching a bit of Shaughnessy and Hantuchova having a training match and the second qualifer doubles match. But I was not looking very much at the match because my mum was talking some nonsense. We saw Schruff and Dechy training together, too.

Then I went home because my mother wanted to go home after 1 1/2 hours and I was thinking that The doubles qualifier final would be on monday. So I went home and saw on the internet, that the match of Malek is on, I went back and saw the second set which was dominated be Malek and Kerber, with some nice shots of Gehrlein - Matic was not very good.

In the end of the day, I just watched Babsi Rittner and Julia Schruff hitting a bit together and went home. Not such an exiting day - but ok.

Sorry that my report is not so well written as I want it to be, too many other stuff to do. Pictures will follow in a moment.

Last edited by Paule22 : May 1st, 2005 at 08:06 PM.
Paule22 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote