J&S Cup - Warsaw - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 26th, 2005, 08:18 AM   #1
country flag Epigone
I love Jelica!

Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute
J&S Cup - Warsaw

Singles draw
Zvonareva - bye
Sucha - Ivanovic
Domachowska - Razzano
Maleeva - Dechy

Schnyder - bye
Vakulenko - Chakvedadze
Henin - Chladkova(LL)
Vento-Kabcho - Schiavone

Clijsters - Perebiynis(LL)
Kirilenko - Benesova
Kosinska - Hantuchova
Bovina - bye

Pastikova(LL) - Farina-Elia
Douchevina - Ondraskova
Koukalova - Smashnova
Kuznetsova - bye

Doubles draw
(1) Black/Huber vs Qualifiers
Chladkova/Dragomir Ilie vs (WC) Brozda/Kosinska
(3) McShea/Vento-Kabchi vs Ivanovic/Krizan
G.Navratilova/Pastikova vs Jans/Rosolska

Bensova/Talaja vs Perebiynis/Strycova
Dekmeijere/Miyagi vs (4) Farina Elia/Zvonareva
Domachowska/Kirilenko vs Koryttseva/Tvaroskova
Rodionova/Vesnina vs (2) Hantuchova/Schiavone

It's time for Bepa to turn around her season, and she has a great opportunity to do it here. She has been suffering from a lack of focus and self-belief, so she will have hopefully thought things through since Charleston.

Bepa and Silvia have started their doubles partnership well with a 6-0 6-1 win in their opening match. Let's hope that this is a sign of things to come
Epigone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 26th, 2005, 11:20 AM   #2
country flag Red Baron

Red Baron is just really nice Red Baron is just really nice Red Baron is just really nice Red Baron is just really nice Red Baron is just really nice Red Baron is just really nice Red Baron is just really nice Red Baron is just really nice Red Baron is just really nice Red Baron is just really nice Red Baron is just really nice
The start of things to come.....

Hopefully Bepa's season will definitely turn around here. She did well here last year, and it's good that I'll be able to watch this tournament on TV. Sounds like a great combo playing with Silvia in the doubles, she's a great pro.
I must admit my favourite doubles partner for Bepa has always been Myskina though. They're great together.
Red Baron is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2005, 11:08 PM   #3
country flag andrewbroad
Team WTAworld

andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Warszawa: Andrew's comments

=======
J&S CUP (Warszawa, Poland, WTA Tier II)
=======-----
Second round
------------

- VERA ZVONARËVA [3] lt. Ana Ivanovic, 6-2 6-4
- Daniela Hantuchová lt. ELENA BOVINA [5], 6-4 4-6 6-3

Bepa and Daniela should have played each other in the second round, according to the original draw... but now I've lost them both! There must be a conspiracy to keep them apart - perhaps the groundspersons don't relish the prospect of how many squeegees would be needed if these two played each other!

The scoreboard was down, so I followed Bepa's match at:
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=163539

I was worried that the result would be like this, with Bepa's confidence being so low, and Ivanovic (who looks like a female version of the James Bond villain Jaws in The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker) being so talented and dangerous.

The scores-thread tells of many winners by Ivanovic, while Bepa seems to have been in one of her most defensive modes, and did a really bad job of holding serve. According to the report on CEEFAX, "Zvonarëva could not cope with the aggression of the 17-year-old, who beat Svetlana Kuznetsova last month."

But the most depressing stuff I've ever read about Bepa is in the Vera Zvonareva rise to the top thread !!!! It's so sad to see her own fans who saw the match saying she looked "disinterested", was not enjoying tennis any more, that her legendary fighting spirit wasn't there.

At least the second set was an improvement, with Bepa playing more aggressively and fighting through some very long games in the first half of the set.

FIRST SET

Started 11:39 CEST.

('*' = held serve, '@' = broken)

Zvon _@__*___ 2
Ivan @ @* *@* 6

Ivanovic won first set at 12:07.

SECOND SET

Zvon *@__*___ 4
Ivan __@* *@* 6

Bepa serving 0-0: long game of 5 deuces, 3 break-points saved.
Ivanovic serving 0-1: broken to 15.
Bepa serving 2-0: another 5-deuce game, Bepa broken on 4th BP.
Ivanovic serving 1-2: recovered from 15/40 to hold.
Bepa serving 2-2: held after one deuce.
Ivanovic serving 2-3: held to love.
Bepa serving 3-3: broken to love.
Ivanovic serving 4-3: held to 30.
Bepa serving to stay in the match at 3-5: held to 15.
Ivanovic serving for the match at 5-4: 15/0, 15/15, 40/15, won match at 13:00.

Ivanovic: "I just tried to play my game, to attack her and get a little bit into the court and get her on the move, and I think I did that pretty well. I'm really happy the way it went today.

"It's taken a lot of work. I've practised very hard the last few months, and I'm pretty happy to see the results so fast. Now, I'm going to practice even harder to continue to improve my game."

Ivanovic does sound like an exciting talent from what I've read about her, and the very little I've seen. I look forward to watching her play at Wimbledon.

Doubles (with Silvia Farina Elia):
1r + Liga Dekmeijere/Nana Miyagi, 6-0 6-1
qf - Tatiana Perebiynis/Barbora Strýcová, 7-5 4-6 6-4

Photos:
http://www.jandscup.pl/eng/gal_2005.php?z=30&data_id=55 [p. 4 of 7]
(Bepa stunningly beautiful - even Maria Kirilenko looks plain in comparison!)

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/zvona/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/verazvonareva/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeldani/
My Eternal Fanship: 1. Monica Seles; 2. Мария Шарапова (‘Maria Sharapova’); 3. Daniela Hantuchová; 4. Jelena Dokić; 5. Iva Majoli; 6. Karina Habšudová; 7. Вера Звонарёва (‘Vera Zvonarëva’); 8. Nicole Vaidišová; 9. Анна Чакветадзе (‘Anna Chakvetadze’); 10. Lucie Šafářová; 11. Ирода Туляганова (‘Iroda Tulyaganova’); 12. Magdaléna Rybáriková; 13. Sabine Lisicki
andrewbroad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2005, 11:51 AM   #4
country flag Red Baron

Red Baron is just really nice Red Baron is just really nice Red Baron is just really nice Red Baron is just really nice Red Baron is just really nice Red Baron is just really nice Red Baron is just really nice Red Baron is just really nice Red Baron is just really nice Red Baron is just really nice Red Baron is just really nice
Confidence Loss

Hi Andrew,

It seems Bepa has lost a lot of confidence. She seemed a lot more promising under her previous coach, but as tennis is a form sport, she will regain it again soon, hopefully. As you mentioned, she did look particularly fetching this week You also hit a point when you said who Ana Ivanovic reminded you of! I'm surprised as a James Bond fan (esp. of the Roger Moore films), I didn't notice it earlier! Let's all wish the lovely Bepa well for future tournaments. My support for her is as strong as ever.
Red Baron is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote