World Group 1:Austria vs. France - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 13th, 2005, 08:06 PM   #1
country flag tobi
Vamorza!

tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute
World Group 1:Austria vs. France

World Group I 2005
1st Round
Werzer Arena, Portschach, AUT
Stadium Capacity: 1600
23 April - 24 April 2005
Day 1: 1200hrs (GMT 1000hrs )
Day 2: 1000hrs (GMT 0800hrs)
Surface: Clay (Red Clay) - Outdoors
Ball Type: Wilson Double Core

Austria-Offical

Yvonne Meusburger
Sybille Bammer
Sandra Klemenschits
Tamira Paszek
Captain:Alfred Tesar

France-Offical

Amelie Mauresmo
Mary Pierce
Tatiana Golovin
Nathalie Dechy
Captain:Georges Goven

Look at difference between highest rank player of Austria and Lowest rank player of France
Advertisement

Old Apr 13th, 2005, 10:22 PM   #2
country flag Ellery
It's like cool epilepsy.

Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute
This sort of looks unfair for the Austrian team
Ellery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2005, 04:42 PM   #3
country flag Lapin

Lapin has disabled reputation
Tatiana has withdrawn according to the FFT website and Virginie Razzano is playing instead....

http://www.fft.fr/FC2005/autriche/
Lapin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2005, 08:28 PM   #4
patricio

patricio has much to be proud of patricio has much to be proud of patricio has much to be proud of patricio has much to be proud of patricio has much to be proud of patricio has much to be proud of patricio has much to be proud of patricio has much to be proud of patricio has much to be proud of patricio has much to be proud of patricio has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapin
Tatiana has withdrawn according to the FFT website and Virginie Razzano is playing instead....

aNYWAY FRANCE WILL WIN, Pierce and Mauresmo will win in like 2 seconds
patricio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 11:00 AM   #5
country flag nave 2

nave 2 is a splendid one to behold nave 2 is a splendid one to behold nave 2 is a splendid one to behold nave 2 is a splendid one to behold nave 2 is a splendid one to behold nave 2 is a splendid one to behold nave 2 is a splendid one to behold nave 2 is a splendid one to behold nave 2 is a splendid one to behold nave 2 is a splendid one to behold nave 2 is a splendid one to behold
Yvonne Meusberger (AUT) v Nathalie Dechy (FRA)
Tamira Paszek (AUT) v Amelie Mauresmo (FRA)
Yvonne Meusberger (AUT) v Amelie Mauresmo (FRA)
Tamira Paszek (AUT) v Nathalie Dechy (FRA)
Sandra Klemenschits/Yvonne Meusberger (AUT) v Mary Pierce/Virginie Razzano (FRA)
Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 11:20 AM   #6
country flag LafandeMary

LafandeMary is a name known to all LafandeMary is a name known to all LafandeMary is a name known to all LafandeMary is a name known to all LafandeMary is a name known to all LafandeMary is a name known to all LafandeMary is a name known to all LafandeMary is a name known to all LafandeMary is a name known to all LafandeMary is a name known to all LafandeMary is a name known to all
Why Dechy?
Mary plays so better
LafandeMary is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 12:35 PM   #7
country flag suzie

suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute suzie has a reputation beyond repute

AFP PHOTO/JOE KLAMAR

ALLEZ LES BLEUS!

"Someone" was afraid of missing the picture!

World MomOrganization's Head of Scrunchy* Watching Department (HSWD)
* "scrunchy" is a trademark courtesy of Mauresmo PonyTail, Inc. (c) 1979 François & Françoise

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
suzie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 12:58 PM   #8
country flag Tati & Dani

Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute Tati & Dani has a reputation beyond repute
no tati
Tati & Dani is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 02:01 PM   #9
country flag nitsansh

nitsansh has much to be proud of nitsansh has much to be proud of nitsansh has much to be proud of nitsansh has much to be proud of nitsansh has much to be proud of nitsansh has much to be proud of nitsansh has much to be proud of nitsansh has much to be proud of nitsansh has much to be proud of nitsansh has much to be proud of nitsansh has much to be proud of
Austrians Face Tough Task Against France
The draw has been made for Austria v France World Group I tie in Portschach, Austria :

Yvonne Meusburger (AUT) v Nathalie Dechy (FRA)
Tamira Paszek (AUT) v Amelie Mauresmo (FRA)
Yvonne Meusburger (AUT) v Amelie Mauresmo (FRA)
Tamira Paszek (AUT) v Nathalie Dechy (FRA)
Sandra Klemenschits/Yvonne Meusburger (AUT) v Mary Pierce/Virginie Razzano (FRA)

French Fed Cup captain Georges Goven says he will be looking to stamp out any complacency this weekend as his team contest what looks like an extremely one-sided first round encounterwith Austria.

Fed Cup finalists for the past two years - winning the competition in 2003, before losing narrowly to Russia in 2004 - the French line up with four players from the world's top 40. World No. 3 Amelie Mauresmo spearheads the attack, followed by Nathalie Dechy (15), former French and Australian Open winner Mary Pierce (27) and Virginie Razzano (36).

Austria, on the other hand, has been hard hit by the retirements of Barbara Schett and Patricia Wartusch, as well as the ongoing injury problems of Barbara Schwartz, who has been out of action since injuring an Achilles tendon in November. In their place, Austrian captain Alfred Tesar has been forced to concentrate on youth, most notably with the inclusion of 14-year-old debutant Tamira Paszek.

In a surprise announcement on Friday, Tesar said Paszek would be playing in the singles rubbers on Saturday at the expense of the more experienced world No. 155 Sybille Bammer - a decision which prompted Bammer to withdraw from the squad.

"I think Amelie Mauresmo's playing style would not be so good for Sybille," Tesar said on Friday after being forced to promote reserve player Daniella Klemenschits to the team. "I told Sybille of my decision in the morning. She accepted it but has decided to leave here, so I had to change the team."

In Saturday's opening singles rubber, Dechy has been drawn against Yvonne Meusburger -- the highest ranked Austrian squad
member at 131st in the world. In the second rubber, Mauresmo will take on Paszek, in a potentially lop-sided encounter between the French star and the Austrian schoolgirl. On Sunday the teenager will then face Dechy before Meusburger goes up against Mauresmo. Meusburger and Sandra Klemenschits are finally due to meet Pierce and Razzano in the closing doubles match.

Given the relative weakness of his side, Tesar insisted that just winning a set against the French would be a form of success.
His French counterpart, however, was keen to play down that suggestion.

"I know Tesar and he's a smart guy who's probably playing a lot on that. It's all part of the psychological war that goes on
at these events but we'll just try to stay concentrated," said Goven. "Obviously our girls know that they are favourites and the
worse thing would be if they go on court over-confident, because that could stop them playing their normal tennis. We know on the day many things can happen, so it's my job to make sure the girls don't fall into any traps."

Mauresmo certainly seemed to be reading from the same script as she contemplated Saturday's match against her schoolgirl
opponent.

"I don't know too much about her," said the world No. 3. "But we weren't too surprised about her nomination because we'd seen the way she was training all week. Obviously when you don't know your opponent, you just have to concentrate on what you do best, on your own game and what you're able to do. That's something we'll have to do anyway all weekend. Obviously on paper we're the strongest team but we have to make sure that it happens on the court as well."

As well as having a clear advantage when it comes to their individual members, the French team would appear to have history
on their side. France and Austria have met four times in the Fed Cup, with Austria so far failing to win a single rubber.
2007 race to the championship: 26, 293 pts, 8 tournaments
Year-end Ranking: 2006 - 46, 2005 - 8, 2004 - 63, 2003 - 146

Career Highlights:
Winner: 2006 - Beijing, 2005 - Sydney, Budapest, Hasselt
Runner-up: 2006 - Prague, 2005 - Hyderabad, Forest Hills, Los Angeles YEC
Semifinal: 2006 - Paris, Bogota, 2004 - Sopot
Quarterfinal: 2005 - Prague, Modena, 2004 - Indian Wells, Stockholm, Seoul, Filderstadt
nitsansh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 03:18 PM   #10
country flag *Jean*

*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LafandeMary
Why Dechy?
Mary plays so better
MDR
Il doit l'économiser J'aurais préféré qu'Amélie joue pas...pffff une gamine de 14 ans et Meusberger, faut pas abuser
RU '08 Sydney, New Haven '09 Monterrey '10 Wimbledon
Doubles WR '07 Fes, Forest Hills, Luxembourg '08 Amelia Island, Rome '09 Barcelona, Tashkent '10 Memphis, Moscow '11 Australian Open, Bastad '12 Paris '13 Sydney
RU '08 Miami, Moscow '09 Estoril '10 Eastbourne, Stanford, US Open '12 Montreal '14 Wimbledon
*Jean* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 03:59 PM   #11
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute
Allez la France!!!!
Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 04:56 PM   #12
country flag Lapin

From Yahoo.fr:

Plus there are lots more great pics on that website we're not supposed to mention!
Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 10:44 PM   #13
country flag Lapin

A few more from the FFT website:

Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 10:53 PM   #14
country flag Lapin

Even more pics on FedCup.com!!