FCC Match Report (Including Vera Z) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 13th, 2005, 03:44 PM   #1
country flag BK4ever

BK4ever has disabled reputation
FCC Match Report (Including Vera Z)

I just got back this morning from Charleston...was there for four days. Had a great time. Here is a lil tidbit of what I saw...Sorry...buts its very very very long.

Vera was in full flight. I only saw from 4-1 in the third. When I got to the courts, everyone was buzzing about Vera’s behavior. Supposedly she said “Fuck Off” to a linesman, but she was probably talking to her coach (because as bad as Vera can be on court, I don’t see her saying that to a linesperson). I also heard her curse myself, for which she got a warning. Lots of folks in the crowd were cheering for Iveta, simply because of Vera’s behavior.

Any was she is cruising at 4-1 up…she makes a mistake and goes nuts…she starts screaming at her coach “why do I do that” I mean she was gesturing to him after every point. After she got broken serving for it, he got up and went to the other side and stood in a crowd of people. Vera found him anyway and kept up the screaming and gesturing. So he moved. After one bad point, she looked up at him but he had moved himself out of her view and she walked over to the edge of the court breaking her neck to look for him, it was HILARIOUS. Anyway, she kept up the rants all the way to the end. By this time, her coach had left the court…he left before the match was over.

At the end of the match, Vera stormed her way the Club House and got her stuff and went straight to the parking lot…where her coach was smoking a ciggy. I could not hear well what was being said from where I stood…but Vera starting say something to him and he basically told her that he didn’t want to hear it and other stuff about her attitude and she just shut up and didn’t say another word. He was so angry by his gesturing and firm words, but he never yelled. He told her that it was up to her to decide to change or this was how things were always going to end…he said a lot of other things, but I was straining to hear…sorry. Then he left her in the parking lot, because he had to go get the car keys…He came back, they all got in the car without saying anything. There was another guy with them, he might have been the trainer…but by looking at both of them, you could tell that they were very frustrated.

I really don’t know what Vera’s problem is…it’s not her game. Her game looks great. The only issue I had was that she was not as aggressive once the score got tight and she gave Iveta confidence with her craziness. I saw her practicing on the weekend and she was happy and relaxed. Her and the coach seem to have a great relationship. I only hope that as all the bad losses pile up that she will realize that its all her and the she is only damaging her self confidence with each loss. If I was the coach, after the first outburst, I would get up and leave. Let her know that he will not tolerate such behavior. I can’t wait to see what the next chapter in the Vera saga holds. Her poor coach must be emotionally drained.

See more in next post.

Serena, Madison, Taylor, Sloane, Gaby, Sloane, Heather, Sachia,Victoria, Sania
Coco, Beatrice, Jessica, Christina, Lauren, Robin, Dinara, Noppy, Mia, Flavia
Kaia, Aga, Urzula, Tamira, Gisela, Timea, Veras, ALG, Klina, Wozi, Sveta, Vikas, Misa
BK4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 13th, 2005, 03:46 PM   #2
country flag BK4ever

BK4ever has disabled reputation
Continued...gosh I can't believe I typed this much and I still left out so much.

Other matches we saw (me and Rocketta).

Conchi vs. Strycova...Barbora was awesome...nothing Conchi threw at her bothered her. She was handling the slices really well, coming to net and loads of winners, especially off the BH...many off some of Conchi's wicked slices. Conchi was very sad. Even when she was up a break in the second, you could tell she was tight. Barbora was very intense the entire match. Now all she needs to do is lose some damn weight because she has a gut...she should be ashamed to call herself a professional athlete.

Elena D vs. Jidkova...lets start this off by saying, I can't stand Jidkova...she is such a whiny baby (even though I will admit she has gotten better and her game is vastly improved). Elena looked awesome, the FH was SMOKING. She really is an amazing athlete. The serve was good as well, she just really needs to learn to put some spin on it. In one game, she hit two aces...one down the Tee...can you believe it. She even smiled.

Petrova vs. Akiko...Akiko is really good, but bad serve...she was matching Nadia off the ground, but Nadia was serving really well and was more aggressive in the big points. Nadia was slamming her racquet a lot but she would bounce right back and play a great point.

Saw Venus practicing, she looked good. She is really skinny. The camera really adds ten pounds. Richard even managed to get me and Rocketta an autograph (we bought copies of the latest book). When he first saw me holding the books, he was like “I know those girls” and we had a good laugh. The next time Richard walked by I said “I’m putting you in charge of getting us autographs and he just laughed, but at the end, her came right over to us and got them.

Pierce vs. Mashona…Mary is a joy to watch, she was so happy on court. She was laughing and interacting with the crowd. She is well loved in Charleston. Also saw her and Corina play doubles against Vaidisova and Kutuzova. The stands were packed and people were calling Nic and Vic the big and little Anna J. Was a very good match, Nicole and Vicky did really well, but the need to learn how to poach more and execute their volleys. Vicky really reminds me of Anna…looking at her from the walk and the back view, the resemblance is starling.

Vaidisova vs. Peer…I was in heaven. Nicole is one of my ultimate faves and I haven’t seen her play live since the Open, so I was very excited. Nicole has a bad temper and she is impatient. She kept looking at her Dad, but he was great…he would never look up at her, but she kept looking anyway…it was quite funny to see.

Saw lots of other matches…please PM me if you want, this is already much longer than I expected. I had a great time…it’s a very small and intimate tournament. Defintely worth going to if you get a chance. Lots of access to the players. They all seemed to be having a good time and the tourney gets huge crowds…

Serena, Madison, Taylor, Sloane, Gaby, Sloane, Heather, Sachia,Victoria, Sania
Coco, Beatrice, Jessica, Christina, Lauren, Robin, Dinara, Noppy, Mia, Flavia
Kaia, Aga, Urzula, Tamira, Gisela, Timea, Veras, ALG, Klina, Wozi, Sveta, Vikas, Misa
BK4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2005, 03:54 PM   #3
country flag (•_•)

(•_•) has a brilliant future (•_•) has a brilliant future (•_•) has a brilliant future (•_•) has a brilliant future (•_•) has a brilliant future (•_•) has a brilliant future (•_•) has a brilliant future (•_•) has a brilliant future (•_•) has a brilliant future (•_•) has a brilliant future (•_•) has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK4ever
I just got back this morning from Charleston...was there for four days. Had a great time. Here is a lil tidbit of what I saw...Sorry...buts its very very very long.

Vera was in full flight. I only saw from 4-1 in the third. When I got to the courts, everyone was buzzing about Vera’s behavior. Supposedly she said “Fuck Off” to a linesman, but she was probably talking to her coach (because as bad as Vera can be on court, I don’t see her saying that to a linesperson). I also heard her curse myself, for which she got a warning. Lots of folks in the crowd were cheering for Iveta, simply because of Vera’s behavior.

Any was she is cruising at 4-1 up…she makes a mistake and goes nuts…she starts screaming at her coach “why do I do that” I mean she was gesturing to him after every point. After she got broken serving for it, he got up and went to the other side and stood in a crowd of people. Vera found him anyway and kept up the screaming and gesturing. So he moved. After one bad point, she looked up at him but he had moved himself out of her view and she walked over to the edge of the court breaking her neck to look for him, it was HILARIOUS. Anyway, she kept up the rants all the way to the end. By this time, her coach had left the court…he left before the match was over.

At the end of the match, Vera stormed her way the Club House and got her stuff and went straight to the parking lot…where her coach was smoking a ciggy. I could not hear well what was being said from where I stood…but Vera starting say something to him and he basically told her that he didn’t want to hear it and other stuff about her attitude and she just shut up and didn’t say another word. He was so angry by his gesturing and firm words, but he never yelled. He told her that it was up to her to decide to change or this was how things were always going to end…he said a lot of other things, but I was straining to hear…sorry. Then he left her in the parking lot, because he had to go get the car keys…He came back, they all got in the car without saying anything. There was another guy with them, he might have been the trainer…but by looking at both of them, you could tell that they were very frustrated.

I really don’t know what Vera’s problem is…it’s not her game. Her game looks great. The only issue I had was that she was not as aggressive once the score got tight and she gave Iveta confidence with her craziness. I saw her practicing on the weekend and she was happy and relaxed. Her and the coach seem to have a great relationship. I only hope that as all the bad losses pile up that she will realize that its all her and the she is only damaging her self confidence with each loss. If I was the coach, after the first outburst, I would get up and leave. Let her know that he will not tolerate such behavior. I can’t wait to see what the next chapter in the Vera saga holds. Her poor coach must be emotionally drained.

See more in next post.
Vera

But thanks for the report!!

Zerschlagene Träume und verlorenes Glück
Bilden ein Mahnmal für das Scheitern,auf dass meine Hoffnung erstickt
Denn wer bin ich glauben zu können,dass es für mich Rettung gibt
(•_•) is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2005, 04:00 PM   #4
country flag KoOlMaNsEaN
Team WTAworld

KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute
wow! great reports! some of the best ive ever read

Ana Ivanovic, Serena Williams, Eugenie Bouchard

KoOlMaNsEaN is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2005, 05:06 PM   #5
country flag Melly Flew Us

Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future
excellent report BK4ever. thank you .

Quote:
Originally Posted by it-girl View Post
Let's just put it like this, there is Justine Bieber (I just threw up a little) who has little girls screaming all over him and no doubt he has a huge following on facebook. Justine is newer superstar to the music industry who is hyped far beyond his talent.

Then you have Michael Jackson & that name speaks for itself, no hype needed at all.
Melly Flew Us is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2005, 06:19 PM   #6
country flag gsm

gsm has a brilliant future gsm has a brilliant future gsm has a brilliant future gsm has a brilliant future gsm has a brilliant future gsm has a brilliant future gsm has a brilliant future gsm has a brilliant future gsm has a brilliant future gsm has a brilliant future gsm has a brilliant future
vera is "full on"
gsm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote