The security measures for the Pope's funeral must cost loads of money... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 8th, 2005, 09:07 AM   #1
country flag Hagar

Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute
The security measures for the Pope's funeral must cost loads of money...

... that could have been given to the poor in Africa or the victims of the tsunami.

This is just one big media circus, and all the world leaders want to be there because if one is there, the others of course have to be there too.
But what on earth is Bush doing there? I mean, he's not even a Catholic. What is the Belgian Prime Minister doing there, and Minister of Finance Reynders? They are both members of the liberal party, which is basically anti-religious and contains several freemasons in its ranks.

I was very critical towards John Paul II's ideas but he did care about the poor and weak and it's them that should be on the first row at the funeral, and not all these big guys. They should for once follow the whole thing on television.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 8th, 2005, 11:42 AM   #2
country flag tennislover

tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute
I understand your point of view......
but on the ather hand, millions of "common" people wanted sincerely to join that event so......

Martina Navratilova

Most career titles (singles+doubles):Navratilova
Most Wimbledon singles titles: Navratilova
Most Wimbledon singles and doubles titles: Navratilova
Most WTA Tour Championship singles titles: Navratilova
Most WTA Tour Championship doubles titles: Navratilova
tennislover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 02:10 PM   #3
country flag Lord Nelson

Lord Nelson has a reputation beyond repute Lord Nelson has a reputation beyond repute Lord Nelson has a reputation beyond repute Lord Nelson has a reputation beyond repute Lord Nelson has a reputation beyond repute Lord Nelson has a reputation beyond repute Lord Nelson has a reputation beyond repute Lord Nelson has a reputation beyond repute Lord Nelson has a reputation beyond repute Lord Nelson has a reputation beyond repute Lord Nelson has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar
... that could have been given to the poor in Africa or the victims of the tsunami.

This is just one big media circus, and all the world leaders want to be there because if one is there, the others of course have to be there too.
But what on earth is Bush doing there? I mean, he's not even a Catholic. What is the Belgian Prime Minister doing there, and Minister of Finance Reynders? They are both members of the liberal party, which is basically anti-religious and contains several freemasons in its ranks.

I was very critical towards John Paul II's ideas but he did care about the poor and weak and it's them that should be on the first row at the funeral, and not all these big guys. They should for once follow the whole thing on television.
Non, now don't be so jealous. We will come to your funeral if we outlive you, don't worry Seriously, I hate it when people say instead of Catholic church spending money on the funeral they could spend it on helping vicitims of the Tsunami etc.. In case you don't know, the Catholic church has contributed in helping victims of the tsunami. Have you by the way? I have not and don't intend to but you don't see me use that argument. You also don't seem to know much about European politics. Belgian politicians are secular not anti-religious. That's a vast difference. Belgian also is a Christian country as is the U.S. Roman Catholicism is a denomination of Christianism. In any case there were many non-Christian leaders and religious figures in attendance. He truly was a magnetic But don't worry, when the Dalai Lama dies they will go to his funeral too don't worry.

Last edited by Lord Nelson : Apr 8th, 2005 at 02:30 PM.
Lord Nelson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 05:02 PM   #4
country flag Hagar

Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute Hagar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nelson
Non, now don't be so jealous. We will come to your funeral if we outlive you, don't worry Seriously, I hate it when people say instead of Catholic church spending money on the funeral they could spend it on helping vicitims of the Tsunami etc.. In case you don't know, the Catholic church has contributed in helping victims of the tsunami. Have you by the way? I have not and don't intend to but you don't see me use that argument. You also don't seem to know much about European politics. Belgian politicians are secular not anti-religious. That's a vast difference. Belgian also is a Christian country as is the U.S. Roman Catholicism is a denomination of Christianism. In any case there were many non-Christian leaders and religious figures in attendance. He truly was a magnetic But don't worry, when the Dalai Lama dies they will go to his funeral too don't worry.
It's really amazing how people here can completely misinterpret things. They see one word and jump on it.
You are missing my point.

1) Where do I say that I am jealous? I am not jealous at all. I don't want to attend the funeral of the Pope.
2) I'm not saying the Church has not contributed to helping the victims of the tsunami. I did not say anything about that at all.
3) Whether I have given money for the victims of the tsunami is completely besides the point. For the record: yes, I did give money for them.
4) I am quite knowleadgeable about European and Belgian politics. As a matter of fact, I have a Bachelor's degree in Political Sciences and I happen to be a couple of exams and a thesis away from obtaining the Masters' Degree. But since I am consequently used to talk about politics in a scientific way, you won't get the widespread stereotypical ideas about politics from me.
5) Some Belgian politicians explicitly put themselves in the Christian pillar, there's even a party which name has "C" in it. Other parties do contain some people with strong anticlerical ideas, and the party of our Prime Minister is one of these parties, although the Prime Minister himself is moderate in this matter.
6) My post only expressed my surprise at seeing how all these important people absolutely wanted to be seen at this funeral.
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 05:38 PM   #5
country flag selking

selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute selking has a reputation beyond repute
Its the flippinmg pope! He is the holiest man on the earth or atleast was before he died. He deserves to have the best of everything. There are so many things that could go to the kids in africa like the tons of money iraq has cost or the money it costs to make necular weapons but I guess tahts just the choice of the people who hold the money.

selking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 07:28 PM   #6
country flag Lord Nelson

Lord Nelson has a reputation beyond repute Lord Nelson has a reputation beyond repute Lord Nelson has a reputation beyond repute Lord Nelson has a reputation beyond repute Lord Nelson has a reputation beyond repute Lord Nelson has a reputation beyond repute Lord Nelson has a reputation beyond repute Lord Nelson has a reputation beyond repute Lord Nelson has a reputation beyond repute Lord Nelson has a reputation beyond repute Lord Nelson has a reputation beyond repute
Hagar you can have a masters degree I will still give the same argument. I'm not saying that you are not bright, I just don't agree with yoiur point of view. By way we are in the same boat. i'm a semester away from obtaining my MA in international relations. IR is pretty easy major compared to business admin. which was my BA. But that suits me. I was tired od studying so long for finance & accounting exams. Also hope to work for an NGO or even the UN. We will see.
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 07:31 PM   #7
country flag Sally Struthers

Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute
Oh please. You are ridiculous. Why don't you get rid of your computer and use the money you save to give to the poor?
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 07:38 PM   #8

Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
If those words of wisdom were for my intent than I can throw back those commets to you. I give money to Christian groups that try and convert people to Christianity around the world.
I was speaking to Hagar
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 07:43 PM   #9
country flag Lord Nelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Struthers
I was speaking to Hagar
oops sorry lady. I do give money to charity but my last comment was tongue in cheek. And please disregard my bad rep.
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 08:03 PM   #10

Quote:
oops sorry lady. I do give money to charity but my last comment was tongue in cheek. And please disregard my bad rep.
well I'm going to be a big girl about this and forget about that bad rep just this once. If it were under different circumstances I would bed rep you at any chance I could get for weeks
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 09:56 PM   #11
country flag Hagar

Quote:
Hagar you can have a masters degree I will still give the same argument. I'm not saying that you are not bright, I just don't agree with yoiur point of view. By way we are in the same boat. i'm a semester away from obtaining my MA in international relations. IR is pretty easy major compared to business admin. which was my BA. But that suits me. I was tired od studying so long for finance & accounting exams. Also hope to work for an NGO or even the UN. We will see.
Fine with me but I still haven't discovered what your argument is. What you wrote is pretty foggy to me.

One thing is sure: if you tell me that Belgium is a secular state, you are right but you are not right if you tell me that the Church does not play a role in the Belgian political life. One very simple but blatant example: part of the health care and education (up to university) is not organized by the state but by Christian organizations.
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 09:57 PM   #12
country flag Hagar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Struthers
I was speaking to Hagar
Speaking yes but you were not exactly saying something.