It's Official; Venus/Marta Match Will Be Completed On Friday - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 7th, 2005, 09:13 PM   #1
country flag lizchris

lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation It's Official; Venus/Marta Match Will Be Completed On Friday

I just saw it on an AP article.
lizchris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 7th, 2005, 09:15 PM   #2
country flag Rocketta
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!

Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute
Well hopefully the court will dry some before their match tomorrow...
Rocketta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2005, 09:15 PM   #3
country flag Jakub

Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute
damn it

have to wait till tomorrow then

Monica Seles, Elena Dementieva, Kveta Hrdlickova, Karolina Woźniacki, Aiko Nakamura, Silvija Talaja , Darina Sedenkova
, Liga Dekmeijere, Margit Ruutel

Jakub is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2005, 09:15 PM   #4
country flag lizchris

lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation

Updated: 05:01 PM EDT

Davenport advances to quarters, but rain delays Williams sisters

AMELIA ISLAND, Fla. (AP) - Lindsay Davenport needed just 55 minutes to beat Kveta Peschke 6-2, 6-2, before rain postponed most of the afternoon matches Thursday at the Bausch & Lomb Championships.

No. 5 seed Venus Williams and Marta Domachowska were tied at one set each before the delay. They will finish their match Friday. The winner will face Davenport.

The match between second-seeded Serena Williams and former Bausch & Lomb champion Mary Pierce was also moved back a day to Friday.

Matches scheduled for Thursday evening included third-seeded Anastasia Myskina's against No. 15 Shinobu Asagoe. Rain was forecast in the area for most of the night.

Venus Williams lost the first set 6-3, but came back to take the second set 6-4. The players were tied at 30-30 in the first game of the third set when the rain came.

Davenport broke Peschke twice in her first three service games to take the first set in 30 minutes, before dropping the first two games of the second set.

She then used a variety of forehand and backhand winners, limiting Peschke to just nine total points the rest of the match in winning the final six games of the set.

"Sometimes I do that," Davenport said about her slow start in the second set. "I seem to get not as concentrated in the beginning of that set. But I broke right back and didn't make much of an issue of it."

In the only other match completed Thursday, sixth-seeded Vera Zvonaeva beat ninth-seeded Elena Likhovtseva 6-4, 6-4.

04/07/05 16:57 EDT

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press
Old Apr 7th, 2005, 09:19 PM   #5
country flag LindsayRulez

LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of
I hope there's no rain tomorrow, but the forecast is for scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon. I'm kinda glad these matches get pushed back till tomorrow because I'll be there for the day and night session! But I hope they still play the quarterfinals! I wanna see Lindsay/Venus, if Venus makes it...
Old Apr 7th, 2005, 09:21 PM   #6
country flag Mrs. Peel

Mrs. Peel has disabled reputation
Someone needs to pull Venus aside and give her a good talking to!
Mrs. Peel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2005, 09:21 PM   #7
country flag lizchris

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayRulez
I hope there's no rain tomorrow, but the forecast is for scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon. I'm kinda glad these matches get pushed back till tomorrow because I'll be there for the day and night session! But I hope they still play the quarterfinals! I wanna see Lindsay/Venus, if Venus makes it...
I heard the same thing regarding the rain.

I think Venus/Marta will start play at 10:00 AM, then the winner (which I think will be Venus as she will have tonight to retool her game) will probably play Lindsay tomorrow night.
Old Apr 7th, 2005, 09:25 PM   #8
country flag Denise4925
Her Grace, The Duchess of Williamsburg

Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizchris
I heard the same thing regarding the rain.

I think Venus/Marta will start play at 10:00 AM, then the winner (which I think will be Venus as she will have tonight to retool her game) will probably play Lindsay tomorrow night.
I don't think that's fair. Can't they push the tournament to an extra day?
Denise4925 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2005, 09:25 PM   #9
country flag slydevil6142

slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of
I can gurantee that Venus is going to clean up her game and win as quickly as possible ....
Queen of Grass: Venus Williams
7 time grand slam champion, Olympic Champion,
The Tour Standard! .... still haha!
slydevil6142 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2005, 09:26 PM   #10
country flag Rocketta

Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Peel
Someone needs to pull Venus aside and give her a good talking to!
really...

but seriously I'm at the top end of this storm and the wind is treacherous...it was moving my car all over the road. I can just imagine what it's like down there with heavy humidity and light drizzle and that wind.
Old Apr 7th, 2005, 09:27 PM   #11
country flag Denise4925
Her Grace, The Duchess of Williamsburg

Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute Denise4925 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketta
really...

but seriously I'm at the top end of this storm and the wind is treacherous...it was moving my car all over the road. I can just imagine what it's like down there with heavy humidity and light drizzle and that wind.
Why didn't you go to the tourney ketta?
Denise4925 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2005, 09:27 PM   #12
country flag Rocketta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise4925
They will try everything possible for that not to happen because the Fcc starts on Monday...
Old Apr 7th, 2005, 09:28 PM   #13
DA FOREHAND

DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Venus beat Capriati, justine and LIndsay in less than 24hr, suffering from a cold, I'm sure she can do this.

"And for the best of the teen-agers who followed her, and who occasionally referred to her as over the hill, Graf had a ready answer: against top-ranked Martina Hingis, Graf wound up 7-2. Graf's stirring 4-6, 7-5, 6-2 throttling of Hingis at the French Open final this June was perhaps the most emphatic parting shot the game has ever seen. "

DA FOREHAND is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2005, 09:28 PM   #14
country flag Rocketta

Quote:
Why didn't you go to the tourney ketta?
Im in NC.

besides I'm going for the entire week of Charleston.
Old Apr 7th, 2005, 09:29 PM   #15
country flag Brooks.

Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute
i wonder what espn is gonna show at 1pm then...........stupid rain has to go and mess everything up!
Brooks. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote