Molik/Navratilova win 1R 6-4 3-6 6-0! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 6th, 2005, 02:19 AM   #1
martinafan

martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute
Molik/Navratilova win 1R 6-4 3-6 6-0!

don't know what happened in the 2nd set, but they seemed to get it together in the 3rd!

Congrats!

They now play Daniilidou/Gullickson in the QF.
martinafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 6th, 2005, 02:21 AM   #2
country flag CathyC!

CathyC! is a name known to all CathyC! is a name known to all CathyC! is a name known to all CathyC! is a name known to all CathyC! is a name known to all CathyC! is a name known to all CathyC! is a name known to all CathyC! is a name known to all CathyC! is a name known to all CathyC! is a name known to all CathyC! is a name known to all
thank god they came through! congrats Alicia/martina!

Alicia

GO Martina Hingis!

GO Mary Pierce!
CathyC! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 02:26 AM   #3
country flag SzavayFi
4 8 15 16 23 42

SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute
I hate Martina Nav. She completely ditched Daniela. What an old hag.
SzavayFi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 02:35 AM   #4
country flag Philbo

Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by -ernie-
I hate Martina Nav. She completely ditched Daniela. What an old hag.
You are a complete and utter moron, I dont know why Im bothering to correct you because you are clearly a simple JACKASS.

But the reason Martina and Daniela split is that Daniela's coach never allowed Daniela to train for doubles with Martina..

On Martina's messageboard Martina herself told us:

hantuchova-her coach was not aloowing us to practice at all-we had one practice when we did not play a match that day-and had to finish by 10:30 am so daniela could catch a flight to melbourne and practice there later that day...impossible to run plays in a match for the first time when you have not had a chance to run them in practice...we parted on good terms.
Philbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 02:36 AM   #5
country flag -Kieron-
Team WTAworld

-Kieron- has a reputation beyond repute -Kieron- has a reputation beyond repute -Kieron- has a reputation beyond repute -Kieron- has a reputation beyond repute -Kieron- has a reputation beyond repute -Kieron- has a reputation beyond repute -Kieron- has a reputation beyond repute -Kieron- has a reputation beyond repute -Kieron- has a reputation beyond repute -Kieron- has a reputation beyond repute -Kieron- has a reputation beyond repute
Well done Alicia
-Kieron- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 02:39 AM   #6
country flag RenaSlam.

RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute
__W00.01.05.07.08__USO00.01__

Step.
RenaSlam. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 02:39 AM   #7
country flag UDiTY

UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of
Who'd they beat!

I hate it when people don't acknowledge the losers

UDiTY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 02:54 AM   #8
country flag jdog3008

jdog3008 has much to be proud of jdog3008 has much to be proud of jdog3008 has much to be proud of jdog3008 has much to be proud of jdog3008 has much to be proud of jdog3008 has much to be proud of jdog3008 has much to be proud of jdog3008 has much to be proud of jdog3008 has much to be proud of jdog3008 has much to be proud of jdog3008 has much to be proud of
Navy won

gl

Arantxa Sanchez Vicario
jdog3008 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 03:18 AM   #9
country flag LiliaLee-Frazier

LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Nice win ladys!!!!!
LiliaLee-Frazier is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 03:52 AM   #10
country flag SzavayFi
4 8 15 16 23 42

SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechfan
You are a complete and utter moron, I dont know why Im bothering to correct you because you are clearly a simple JACKASS.

But the reason Martina and Daniela split is that Daniela's coach never allowed Daniela to train for doubles with Martina..

hantuchova-her coach was not aloowing us to practice at all-we had one practice when we did not play a match that day-and had to finish by 10:30 am so daniela could catch a flight to melbourne and practice there later that day...impossible to run plays in a match for the first time when you have not had a chance to run them in practice...we parted on good terms.
ok ok, im SOOO sorry, i was not imformed upon that
SzavayFi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 04:10 AM   #11
country flag Philbo

Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by -ernie-
ok ok, im SOOO sorry, i was not imformed upon that
Thats the problem, you had no idea what you were talking about but didnt mind calling Martina a 'bitch'.

How about reserving the name calling til you actually know the facts?

How old are you anyway? 13?
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 04:36 AM   #12
country flag Albireo

Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

This seems to be indicative of Sears' attitude toward MN. IIRC, there was friction between the two of them a couple of years back.

While I wouldn't lay the blame for Hantuchova's Miami tank-job at Sears' feet, this certainly gives credence to the belief that he's a control freak, and that it would be best for him to depart post-haste. It sounds as if he's afraid she'll get advice from another quarter. Odd, really, since he's been the one pushing her to play more doubles; now that she'd finally found a regular doubles partner, Sears decides he doesn't like the choice?

I've defended Sears a lot the last few years. I'm starting to wonder why.
"If you practice for ten years, you may begin to please yourself, after 20 years you may become a performer and please the audience, after 30 years you may please even your guru, but you must practice for many more years before you finally become a true artist—then you may please even God." --Ali Akbar Khan, 1922-2009
Albireo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 05:30 AM   #13
country flag Philbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albireo
This seems to be indicative of Sears' attitude toward MN. IIRC, there was friction between the two of them a couple of years back.

While I wouldn't lay the blame for Hantuchova's Miami tank-job at Sears' feet, this certainly gives credence to the belief that he's a control freak, and that it would be best for him to depart post-haste. It sounds as if he's afraid she'll get advice from another quarter. Odd, really, since he's been the one pushing her to play more doubles; now that she'd finally found a regular doubles partner, Sears decides he doesn't like the choice?

I've defended Sears a lot the last few years. I'm starting to wonder why.
Thanks Albireo..

Would you mind elaborating on thwa the friction was between Martina and Sears a couple of years ago? Wasnt aware of that and you've stroked my curiosity.
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 05:44 AM   #14
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute
I hope Kuznetsova will lend Molik out the rest of the year. I think Navratilova could win Wimbledon with Molik.
Drake1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 05:56 AM   #15
country flag Albireo

Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute Albireo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Thanks Albireo..

Would you mind elaborating on thwa the friction was between Martina and Sears a couple of years ago? Wasnt aware of that and you've stroked my curiosity.
Apparently-- and I don't recall the specifics; I'm hoping to scare up the original scoop-- Martina came offering Hantuchova advice when Hantuchova was struggling a few years back, and Sears told her something along the lines of "we don't need your advice." The implication at the time was that it was said rather rudely. As I recall, it may have been triggered by one of Navratilova's comments about Hantuchova's then-sickly appearance.

It may not have been serious, but it certainly seems to indicate an amount of friction, at least from Sears' side. I'm not sure what Martina's response was, if any. And I too would appreciate any further info if anyone has it.

BTW, what's the URL for MN's website? I'd looked for it for weeks and could never find it.
"If you practice for ten years, you may begin to please yourself, after 20 years you may become a performer and please the audience, after 30 years you may please even your guru, but you must practice for many more years before you finally become a true artist—then you may please even God." --Ali Akbar Khan, 1922-2009
Albireo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote