Gold AND Silver Exempt List... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 4th, 2005, 07:22 PM   #1
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute
Gold AND Silver Exempt List...

Hi,
dies anybidy have the Gold AND Silver Exempt List?
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 4th, 2005, 08:02 PM   #2
country flag Serena!

Serena! has much to be proud of Serena! has much to be proud of Serena! has much to be proud of Serena! has much to be proud of Serena! has much to be proud of Serena! has much to be proud of Serena! has much to be proud of Serena! has much to be proud of Serena! has much to be proud of Serena! has much to be proud of Serena! has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo
Hi,
dies anybidy have the Gold AND Silver Exempt List?
What is that?

US99|FR02|WIM02|US02|AUS03|WIM03|AUS05
AUS07|US08|AUS09|WIM09|AUS10|WIM10|WIM12|USO12

Serena! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 08:13 PM   #3
country flag Ryan
NeverWoz

Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena!
What is that?

don't roll your eyes, because YOU are the ignorant one in this situation.

The Gold and Silver exmpt lists give the most popular/best players cash bonuses etc. and allows them WC's into events. I'm pretty sure they do more, but I'n not sure what they are.

And no, I dont have them, sorry.
Ryan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 09:10 PM   #4
country flag yukon145

yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute
i'm sure you can find them at wtatour.com, other wise go through some old threads. i remember them coming out in maybe november?
yukon145 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 10:11 PM   #5
country flag Shonami Slam

Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute
well - i won't say the EXACT words but it means:
unlimited WC in singles and doubles
the WC is granted regardless of her ranking
late entry to tournies
no minnimum requirments from the tour.
it is given if the have:
3 GS/YEC
14 years of service on tour
#1 rank anytime of her career (yes steffi! come back!!! )
extended excelence and comittment on tour yadda yadda yadda

a "golden girl" doesn't count in contracts and such that concern the tournies and not the fans
golden girls lost the status when retiring (thus the steffi comment was a joke guys...)
OR injured for "a long term" meaning 6 consecutive weeks.

silver is basically simmular
30 top players not in gold after the US
two WC anywhere (this actually means that if say, AI would grant a WC to peer and dechy would like to play in the last second - good bye shahar)
there are 20 golden girls, i forgot to say.

basically it means you are walking cash for tournaments and so they give you EVRYTHING and in return they recieve $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
don't you love WTA?
there are more regulations and shit - but it doesn't really matter - basically, they are considered more by the WTA than an amazing player on a rise.
it means that jenny is more important to the WTA than sharapova, it means lindsay is GOD>pierce and it means ana ivanovic, vaidisova, peer, strycova, mirza combined < conchita as for all that the tour cares, the others in thier opinion can just die.
you DO understand that we love the sport but they love the money, right?
------------------------------------------
i'm sorry if this sounded really really harsh but i really feel that there are some really greedy people in the WTA that don't care for the fans.
i love tennis alot and put many hours into it.
they don't give a damn about us, when you read the rules that they give.
it's not so great for the players - i mean, if lindsay wanted to play a 10K tourny, NO ONE would say "no"... no one except the tour managers that say "play in RG or we kill ya!".
it makes me kinda depressed - actually.
for all they care, navratilova may not retire cuz she's good for the wallet.
bah - i'm bitter and hate it when things i love become a business.
if you have nothing important to say, please do so in non-tennis forum. if you have something you think is important, but is actually rubbish regarding anything other than tennis - please do so in the non-tennis forum. if you have something tennis related to say, but it's actually "OMG, X player is so h0t!1" or "who has the biggest boobs on the wtatour" please do so in menstennisforum, under "wta forum". if you have something important, tennis-related and interesting to say please do so. No one in the world can understand how much tennis means to someone, except another fan.

Last edited by Shonami Slam : Apr 4th, 2005 at 10:16 PM.
Shonami Slam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 10:21 PM   #6

Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute
found this!!!!

2005 Gold Exempt List
(Players in each group are listed alphabetically)

Group 1-3
Justine Henin-Hardenne
Maria Sharapova
Serena Williams

Group 4-6*
Jennifer Capriati
Lindsay Davenport
Amelie Mauresmo

Group - 7-10
Elena Dementieva
Svetlana Kuznetsova
Anastasia Myskina
Venus Williams

Group - 11-13
Daniela Hantuchova (WC)
Nadia Petrova
Mary Pierce (WC)

Group - 14-20
Elena Bovina
Tatiana Golovin (WC)
Patty Schnyder
Karolina Sprem (WC)
Paola Suarez
Ai Sugiyama
Vera Zvonareva
Gold Exempt Emeritus: Monica Seles
*The number 4 player may be different on a regional basis, USA, Europe, Rest of the World.
Lindsay Davenport is #4 in the USA and Rest of the World regions.
Amelie Mauresmo is #4 in the European region.
(WC) = Wild Card
if you have nothing important to say, please do so in non-tennis forum. if you have something you think is important, but is actually rubbish regarding anything other than tennis - please do so in the non-tennis forum. if you have something tennis related to say, but it's actually "OMG, X player is so h0t!1" or "who has the biggest boobs on the wtatour" please do so in menstennisforum, under "wta forum". if you have something important, tennis-related and interesting to say please do so. No one in the world can understand how much tennis means to someone, except another fan.
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 10:29 PM   #7
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute
Suarez there, not Kim
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 11:02 PM   #8
country flag Serena!

Serena! has much to be proud of Serena! has much to be proud of Serena! has much to be proud of Serena! has much to be proud of Serena! has much to be proud of Serena! has much to be proud of Serena! has much to be proud of Serena! has much to be proud of Serena! has much to be proud of Serena! has much to be proud of Serena! has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan17
don't roll your eyes, because YOU are the ignorant one in this situation.

The Gold and Silver exmpt lists give the most popular/best players cash bonuses etc. and allows them WC's into events. I'm pretty sure they do more, but I'n not sure what they are.

And no, I dont have them, sorry.
I didn't mean those rolley eyes that way! You mis-understood I meant them to mean like "Huh I'm confused" lol Sorry that you took it the wrong way!

US99|FR02|WIM02|US02|AUS03|WIM03|AUS05
AUS07|US08|AUS09|WIM09|AUS10|WIM10|WIM12|USO12

Serena! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 11:04 PM   #9
tyk101

tyk101 is just really nice tyk101 is just really nice tyk101 is just really nice tyk101 is just really nice tyk101 is just really nice tyk101 is just really nice tyk101 is just really nice tyk101 is just really nice tyk101 is just really nice tyk101 is just really nice tyk101 is just really nice
wow, seles' gold exempt emeritus! wt does that mean?!
hope to see seles back on court very soon
tyk101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2005, 12:45 AM   #10
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyk101
wow, seles' gold exempt emeritus! wt does that mean?!
hope to see seles back on court very soon
it's something special just for monica or players who have achieved as much as she has (or close). basically, she isn't taking someone else's spot on the list because she may not come back and iuse the wildcards, but they're leaving it open for her in case she does decide to come back.
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2005, 01:13 AM   #11
country flag Hawk

Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggly
Suarez there, not Kim
Yeah..uhh there's gotta be something missing there. No way Suarez is Gold Exempt and Kim isn't
Hawk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2005, 02:06 AM   #12
country flag Chunchun
Team WTAworld

Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute
where's Kim
Old Apr 5th, 2005, 12:29 PM   #13
country flag ~|Naomi|~

~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute
Kim chose not to be GE this year as she didn't want to make all the commitments and did not know if she could. But the WTA wanted to add her later in the year, so we will just have to wait to see if they do.
Old Apr 5th, 2005, 01:38 PM   #14

it's marketable players.
kim is no use for the wtatour if she's not playing - thus, she's out of the GE list.
they can't sell kim, so they throw her, now she's back so they want her to sell for them. bah, i just hate this thread - it really really upsets me.
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 10:29 AM   #15
country flag ~|Naomi|~

~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
it's marketable players.
kim is no use for the wtatour if she's not playing - thus, she's out of the GE list.
they can't sell kim, so they throw her, now she's back so they want her to sell for them. bah, i just hate this thread - it really really upsets me.
You hate this thread? You don't know what you are talking about, the wta wanted Kim on the list when they announced before the season began, Kim didn't want to be on the list but said maybe later, there is a difference. The wta just haven't said ok Kim now we will put you on our fabulous list to sell our tour.