Dementieva still at number 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 4th, 2005, 09:19 AM   #1
country flag Helas

Helas is a name known to all Helas is a name known to all Helas is a name known to all Helas is a name known to all Helas is a name known to all Helas is a name known to all Helas is a name known to all Helas is a name known to all Helas is a name known to all Helas is a name known to all Helas is a name known to all
Thumbs up Dementieva still at number 5

http://www.wtatour.com/rankings/singles_numeric.asp

Daniela Hantuchova

Tatiana Golovin

Hens Love Roosters

Geese Love Ganders

Everyone else loves Ned Flanders
Helas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 4th, 2005, 09:20 AM   #2
country flag Dementinator
Captain of the SS Dementieva

Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute
Of Course she is ,she had a good couple of tournies with more to come!!

Once a Lena fan always a Lena fan
Dementinator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 10:12 AM   #3
country flag Chunchun
Team WTAworld

Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute
we know that
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 10:24 AM   #4
country flag JohnBoy

JohnBoy is a name known to all JohnBoy is a name known to all JohnBoy is a name known to all JohnBoy is a name known to all JohnBoy is a name known to all JohnBoy is a name known to all JohnBoy is a name known to all JohnBoy is a name known to all JohnBoy is a name known to all JohnBoy is a name known to all JohnBoy is a name known to all
Not for long, Dementieva and Myskina are heading downhill as Justine & Kim move up to their right place - which is in the top 10 !!!!
JohnBoy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 11:24 AM   #5
country flag Dementinator
Captain of the SS Dementieva

Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute
Oh dear ,there is always one bitter fan ,never mind ,we know better....

Once a Lena fan always a Lena fan
Dementinator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 11:27 AM   #6
country flag Wojtek

Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute Wojtek has a reputation beyond repute
We all know that she is number five only on paper.
Wojtek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 11:44 AM   #7
country flag syd

syd is a glorious beacon of light syd is a glorious beacon of light syd is a glorious beacon of light syd is a glorious beacon of light syd is a glorious beacon of light syd is a glorious beacon of light syd is a glorious beacon of light syd is a glorious beacon of light syd is a glorious beacon of light syd is a glorious beacon of light syd is a glorious beacon of light
If she continues like that, she won't be in top 5 anymore after RG !!!
but true that she has good results for the moment, she maintains her rankings ....

Last edited by syd : Apr 4th, 2005 at 12:26 PM.
syd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 11:57 AM   #8
country flag mr_zebra

mr_zebra is infamous around these parts mr_zebra is infamous around these parts mr_zebra is infamous around these parts mr_zebra is infamous around these parts mr_zebra is infamous around these parts mr_zebra is infamous around these parts mr_zebra is infamous around these parts mr_zebra is infamous around these parts mr_zebra is infamous around these parts mr_zebra is infamous around these parts mr_zebra is infamous around these parts
She's the number two Russian ! Ranked higher than the other two Grand Slam title holders. NICE !

you're right about going down now , tho. I can't imagine her being a finalist again at the FO or USO , not with the Belgians and the Williams back.
mr_zebra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 12:06 PM   #9
country flag syd

syd is a glorious beacon of light syd is a glorious beacon of light syd is a glorious beacon of light syd is a glorious beacon of light syd is a glorious beacon of light syd is a glorious beacon of light syd is a glorious beacon of light syd is a glorious beacon of light syd is a glorious beacon of light syd is a glorious beacon of light syd is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
you're right about going down now , tho. I can't imagine her being a finalist again at the FO or USO , not with the Belgians and the Williams back.
for her it's now going to be more difficult to reach finals, she used to be beaten by those players who now come back !!!
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 12:10 PM   #10
country flag jonny84

jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute
Come on everyone - Elena deserves to be at #5.

She has had an excellent start to the year, granted she hasn't won a title or got to a final but she has to two semi finals (one Tier 2, one Tier 1), reached two quarter finals (both tier 1s) plus the Australian Open 4th round (and she should have taken Schynder out after leading 4-0 in the second set).

So far this year she has beaten the likes of Schynder, Kuznetsova, and Golovin.

From last year to still be at no.5. she got to two slam finals (where she beat Mauresmo, Davenport, Capriati and Zvonareva to get there!!!!!!). She also reached the SF in three American harcourt events, titled in Hasslet and got to the final in Moscow.

All these are great acheivements and we should be congratulating Elena for getting to the Top5 not laughing at her when she is supposedly going to "fall". Well up until the French Open she doesn't have much to defend - only 100 points. I'm not sure what events she is playing but she can easily pick these points back up at one event and then at the others she will just be gaining. She won't be going anywhere from the Top10 at all as the point differences are so great - and besides if she doesn't get to the final I'm sure she can defend a huge majority of them!!!

Well Done Elena for all your acheivments and don't listen to all the silly comments.
jonny84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 12:13 PM   #11
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute
I dont see Dementieva as falling behind Sharapova she is probably the second best russian right now a semi at IW and quarter final and Miami prover that she is here to stay
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 02:35 PM   #12
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute
Of the Russians it's Myskina who looks to be having the most trouble right now.

I still predict that Lena or Masha will win a GS this year. Wouldn't be surprised if Kim doesn't get one too.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 02:46 PM   #13
country flag azmad_88

azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute
russian number 1
sharapova
2.dementieva

CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Petra Kvitova - Svetlana Kuznetsova - Li Na - Sloane Stephens - Madison Keys

Will Always Love Kim Clijsters and Elena Dementieva
azmad_88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 02:48 PM   #14
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Lena has less than 100 points to defend before RG, and nothing to defend at Wimbledon.
She can hang on to her top 5 ranking.
She needs good health.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 03:10 PM   #15
country flag timray

timray has a brilliant future timray has a brilliant future timray has a brilliant future timray has a brilliant future timray has a brilliant future timray has a brilliant future timray has a brilliant future timray has a brilliant future timray has a brilliant future timray has a brilliant future timray has a brilliant future
If Dementieva would do better than Kuznetsova & Molik at RG then She will stay in top 5 after RG.
timray is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote