Day 2 Quallies - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 4th, 2005, 05:30 AM   #1
country flag floriano

floriano is a glorious beacon of light floriano is a glorious beacon of light floriano is a glorious beacon of light floriano is a glorious beacon of light floriano is a glorious beacon of light floriano is a glorious beacon of light floriano is a glorious beacon of light floriano is a glorious beacon of light floriano is a glorious beacon of light floriano is a glorious beacon of light floriano is a glorious beacon of light
Day 2 Quallies

Day 2 was a lot more entertaining and riveting than day 1 - you could tell all the girls really wanted to qualify for this event and there was tension aplenty in the stands...
Brandi d. Craybas
This match was long and dominated by baseline rallies. Both girls play very similar games, hard flat groundstrokes and very consistent. Neither girl has a major weapon, but a pure power player wouldn't want to meet either of them on an off-day. The 3rd set was the best quality, both players reducted their error count and really moved each other around the court. Jill had 2 match points, & was unlucky on the 1st MP. It was a tremendous 36 stroke rally, Jill finally decided to move forward and tried a drop volley which clipped the net and fell back on her side. At this point, she let out a scream and even Kristina managed a faint smile. The other match point Jill hit a forehand just inches long, the main difference today was a few pints here and there. Both probably played a tad more aggressively than usual, guess you have to when your opponent plays almost the same. Corina M was in the stands, supporting Jill I think, she threw her hands in her face when that unlucky netcord bounced back on Jill's side.

Castano d. Dragomir
Catalina played a lot more aggressively today than she did against Perebynis. She threw in a lot less slices and moonballs than she did in her previous match, maybe because Dragomir plays this same way, altohugh Dragomir's drop shots were not well executed today. Dragomir is probably slightly slower than in previous years, although she retrieves very well. Castano was ecstatic at the end, you could tell the main draw was a real aim of her's. At the end of the match, this group near us asked Ruxandra to sign for them. They asked her how long she would keep playing. She said her short-term goal is to try make the qualifying for Roland Garros, and said she thinks she could still trouble players on red clay.

Pesche d. Osterloh
Kveta was ON today. She hit some 40-something winners, and was just pounding the ball from corner to corner. If she plays like this next match, she could cause an upset or two. Lilia was being beaten at her own game today, what she did to Reeves was happening to her, being moved from side to side and forced to hit from metres behind the baseline. You could tell Lilia was out of her comfort zone, she didn't seem to enjoy being the retrievor. When she got an opportunity to dictate a rally she invariably over-hitted, probably because she knew she had to hit a good shot to complete the point. Lilia managed to save a couple MP's, both of them funny because on both she pounded the ball and said out aloud, 'Well that was the game plan''. Lilia didn't play too badly though, Kveta wouldv'e troubled anyone today. Patty Schydner was in the stands again, Patty and some guy gave Kveta a high five at the end of the match.

More reports to follow later hopefully.
floriano is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 4th, 2005, 05:32 AM   #2
LefandePatty

LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute
thanks for the report
LefandePatty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 06:14 AM   #3
country flag rated_next

rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute
thanks
rated_next is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 07:22 AM   #4
country flag CooCooCachoo
Team WTAworld

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute
Merci

Bemelmans|Camerin|Cornet|Crivoi|Cuevas|Dentoni|Dod ig|Garbin|Granollers
Hlavackova|Ilhan|Kohli|Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino| Menendez|Phau|Polansky
Rezaď|Robredo|Roger-Vasselin|Srebotnik|Szavay|Wörle|Zverev

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 08:34 AM   #5
country flag Jakub

Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute
thank you
Have you seen Marta D. match with Mamic ??

Monica Seles, Elena Dementieva, Kveta Hrdlickova, Karolina Woźniacki, Aiko Nakamura, Silvija Talaja , Darina Sedenkova
, Liga Dekmeijere, Margit Ruutel

Jakub is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 11:49 AM   #6
country flag switz

switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute
patty is still nice - 2 days in a row!!
switz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 03:20 PM   #7
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute
Thanx for the report!
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 07:03 PM   #8
country flag Shonami Slam

Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute
thanks! how was tzipi? did she play better than day one?
if you have nothing important to say, please do so in non-tennis forum. if you have something you think is important, but is actually rubbish regarding anything other than tennis - please do so in the non-tennis forum. if you have something tennis related to say, but it's actually "OMG, X player is so h0t!1" or "who has the biggest boobs on the wtatour" please do so in menstennisforum, under "wta forum". if you have something important, tennis-related and interesting to say please do so. No one in the world can understand how much tennis means to someone, except another fan.
Shonami Slam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote