what an ugly match - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 07:35 PM   #1
country flag tennislover

tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute
what an ugly match

what an ugly match........
Maria's poor performance was the key........
did you notice how many easy points she failed in crucial moments?
Kim's performance didn't impress me at all

Martina Navratilova

Most career titles (singles+doubles):Navratilova
Most Wimbledon singles titles: Navratilova
Most Wimbledon singles and doubles titles: Navratilova
Most WTA Tour Championship singles titles: Navratilova
Most WTA Tour Championship doubles titles: Navratilova

Last edited by tennislover : Apr 2nd, 2005 at 07:51 PM.
tennislover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 07:39 PM   #2
country flag jes_022
Registered 1

jes_022 has a reputation beyond repute jes_022 has a reputation beyond repute jes_022 has a reputation beyond repute jes_022 has a reputation beyond repute jes_022 has a reputation beyond repute jes_022 has a reputation beyond repute jes_022 has a reputation beyond repute jes_022 has a reputation beyond repute jes_022 has a reputation beyond repute jes_022 has a reputation beyond repute jes_022 has a reputation beyond repute
Well, everybody has the right to his or her opinion, but I thought the match was pretty good, and I'm glad for Kim that she won.
| Rafter | Majoli | Kim Clijsters | Schalken | Enqvist |
jes_022 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 07:40 PM   #3
country flag skanky~skanketta

skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute
sour grapes
Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 07:41 PM   #4
country flag Julia1968

Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennislover
what an ugly match........
Maria's poor performance was the key........
did you notice how many easy points she failed in crucial moments?
Kim's performance didn't impressed me at all

The windy/rainy court conditions in the first set made for less than stellar tennis. There really wasn't an excuse for the second set. I wouldn't rate it as being one of the best finals I've seen.

Congrats to Kim and better luck next time Maria!
Julia1968 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 07:43 PM   #5
country flag Brooks.

Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia1968

The windy/rainy court conditions in the first set made for less than stellar tennis. There really wasn't an excuse for the second set. I wouldn't rate it as being one of the best finals I've seen.

Congrats to Kim and better luck next time Maria!
jules,im here in you need a shoulder to cry on

on a side note..........i found the match to be beautiful......just beautiful.......that point at 3-2 break pt. was just amazing
Brooks. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 07:46 PM   #6
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute
For me personally, I thought it was GRRRRRRReat... not a single complaint from me!
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 07:47 PM   #7
country flag Julia1968

Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeReeFan
jules,im here in you need a shoulder to cry on

No, thanks Vee! Maria's semifinal win will get me through this! And watching the top two players in the world in the final was a much better final than we've seen in Miami in recent years.
Julia1968 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 07:47 PM   #8
country flag ans

ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of ans has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennislover
Kim's performance didn't impressed me at all
That's ok. You must be like the only one.
ans is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 07:54 PM   #9
country flag Brooks.

Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute Brooks. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

No, thanks Vee! Maria's semifinal win will get me through this! And watching the top two players in the world in the final was a much better final than we've seen in Miami in recent years.
well it was a great final..........but definitely the previous 6 out of 7 (except 00' of course) were also quite spectacular and i still believe the count is serena- 3 nasdaqs venus- 3 nasdaqs and maria- 0
Brooks. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 07:57 PM   #10
Cybelle Darkholme

Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future
Too bad Kim could not have faced the player who would have given her a great match. Kim had way to many moves for Pova to count. I loved when she kept getting balls back and maria looked clueless.

That second set rocks.

Nice try maria but you failed. GO Kim!
The WTA Women of Wonder Featuring....The Goddess: Venus Williams The Glamazon: Serena Williams The Lioness: Jennifer Capriati The High Priestess: Monica Seles The Saint: Kim Clijsters The Phoenix: Chanda Rubin The Bon Vivant: Amelie Mauresmo The Titan: Lindsay Davenport The Courtesan: Anna Kournikova The Exile: Martina Hingis The Sorceress: Anatasia Myskina The Minx: Maria Sharapova
Cybelle Darkholme is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 08:06 PM   #11
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation
Quote:

Uh this match was good, and I am happy for Kim-- but the 01 final was way better . Even the ' 02 final was better than this as far as quality is concerned
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 08:08 PM   #12
Veelieve!!!

and as far as this thread is concerned, I say sour grapes
Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 08:09 PM   #13
Cybelle Darkholme

Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future
Quote:
No, thanks Vee! Maria's semifinal win will get me through this!
Wow I feel the same way about the semifinal! Venus was great! She hasnt been playing that great for awhile and yet she fought the wimbledon champ and third player in the world like a true champe she is. AND she beat her sister who she hasnt beaten in YEARS.

Truly a great tournament for Venus.
The WTA Women of Wonder Featuring....The Goddess: Venus Williams The Glamazon: Serena Williams The Lioness: Jennifer Capriati The High Priestess: Monica Seles The Saint: Kim Clijsters The Phoenix: Chanda Rubin The Bon Vivant: Amelie Mauresmo The Titan: Lindsay Davenport The Courtesan: Anna Kournikova The Exile: Martina Hingis The Sorceress: Anatasia Myskina The Minx: Maria Sharapova
Cybelle Darkholme is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 08:13 PM   #14
country flag PaulieM

PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute PaulieM has a reputation beyond repute
the match wasn't as awful as alot of people are making it out to be. yes conditions were far from perfect but that is part of the game, and both players played the best they could in the conditions, and today kim was better. end of story.

Venus: Wimbledon Champion 2005

Amelie Mauresmo- Amazing! YEC Champ 2005, AO 2006 CHAMP!!

Myskina, Davenport, Kuznetsova, Golovin, Ivanovic, Pierce, Schnyder, Mirza, Benesova

Lindsay Lee Waters, A-L Groenefeld, Dally Randriantefy, Nadia Petrova, Alicia Molik, Kim Clijsters

Roger Federer Forever!

"I was ready to die on the court today"-Amelie Mauresmo
PaulieM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 08:18 PM   #15
Veelieve!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybelle Darkholme
Wow I feel the same way about the semifinal! Venus was great! She hasnt been playing that great for awhile and yet she fought the wimbledon champ and third player in the world like a true champe she is. AND she beat her sister who she hasnt beaten in YEARS.

Truly a great tournament for Venus.
ICAM!! I was only disappointed that Venus loss, because I had plans to go over to Miami. Other than that , I'm so impressed with her play and I have no doubt that she will be a force to be reckeoned with for the rest of the season