Making dampeners with elastics - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 12:13 AM   #1
country flag Darop.

Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute
Making dampeners with elastics

Some men players (Like Andy, Andre and James Blake) have vibration dampeners made with thick elastic bands... Anyone know how to make them? I think it was written on one of the editions of the american "TNENIS "TENNIS" Magazine...

Darop. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 02:16 AM   #2
country flag MrYonex

MrYonex is a name known to all MrYonex is a name known to all MrYonex is a name known to all MrYonex is a name known to all MrYonex is a name known to all MrYonex is a name known to all MrYonex is a name known to all MrYonex is a name known to all MrYonex is a name known to all MrYonex is a name known to all MrYonex is a name known to all
Yeah, they are just thick elastic bands that are tied around the strings. Its a cheap way to dampen strings. I dont think it really works though...

Waiting For You To Come Back And Dominate, Monica

C'mon Canadian Tennis!
Marie-Eve Pelletier
Maureen Drake
Melanie Marois
Aleksandra Wozniak
MrYonex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 02:22 AM   #3
country flag Junex

Junex has a reputation beyond repute Junex has a reputation beyond repute Junex has a reputation beyond repute Junex has a reputation beyond repute Junex has a reputation beyond repute Junex has a reputation beyond repute Junex has a reputation beyond repute Junex has a reputation beyond repute Junex has a reputation beyond repute Junex has a reputation beyond repute Junex has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYonex
Yeah, they are just thick elastic bands that are tied around the strings. Its a cheap way to dampen strings. I dont think it really works though...

It works better than dampener logos.

In our club players have been innovating things to be used as dampeners.
some even use sipping straws as dampeners (it creates that annoying sound when the racket hits a ball).

I used a rubber band as a dampener for my two rackets, i use to use the logo ones from prince,wilson & babolat but it always flies out of the racket.

The rubber bands dnt and i have a nicer feel of the racket since i used it.
Junex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 10:17 AM   #4
country flag Darop.

Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute
What do you guys mean, just tied around the strings?

Like, tied on how many strings? I don't get it

Darop. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote