Fed Cup 2012 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 20th, 2012, 01:56 AM   #1
country flag GeeTee

GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future
Fed Cup 2012

Don't think there's a thread for our Fed Cup fail (bound to happen..) in 2012 yet..

Funny to hear both Sam and Jarka in their last press conferences saying that the Fed Cup is their next event after the AO, but in Jelena's interview last night:

Q. Where are you heading off to next?

JELENA DOKIC: I'm going back to Europe for a little bit. Then I don't know. Fed Cup, I haven't heard anything. Yeah, then all the tournaments after that. If I get into Paris and a couple other ones after that.

Really??? It's two weeks before the tie. Jelena's been in Oz for about two months. And no-one has even mentioned Fed Cup to her??

WTF?
GeeTee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 20th, 2012, 05:34 AM   #2
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Fed Cup 2012

Isnt Fed Cup the week after AO? So obviouslly they wouldnt be playing another event untill Fed Cup.
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 10:53 PM   #3
country flag GeeTee

GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future

My point was that with 2 weeks to go, Jelena doesn't seem to know if she's playing Fed Cup.

Switzerland should be an easy win (though Oz has lost easier ties in the past..) but I would have thought she would be named with Sam, Jarka and probably Nastya. The only reason I could see for leaving Jelena (or maybe even Jarka) out would be to have Casey as a better doubles combo with Nastya.

Last edited by GeeTee : Jan 20th, 2012 at 10:58 PM.
GeeTee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 03:04 AM   #4
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Strange..... but in the past Fed Cup always seems to bring the best/worst of our girls and Tennis Aus for that matter

I would expect Casey would be picked for the doubles actually with Nastya left out. Sam and Jelena for the singles Casey and probably Sam (or jarka if its a dead rubber) for the doubles.

With Timea Bacinsky not coming down for AO, and maybe then Fed Cup, it only leaves Voegele for the Swiss (who is playing OK atm).
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 03:38 AM   #5
country flag SM

SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Just Do It
I find it hilarious how Jelena won the most points out of all Australian girls during A summer

Jelena Dokic.........161.........
Casey Dellacqua .....131.........
Olivia Rogowska .....112.........
Jarmila Gajdosova.....75.........
Samantha Stosur ......66.........
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 11:08 AM   #6
country flag DokDi

DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute

Australia announced Fed Cup team: Stosur, Gajdosova, Dokic and Dellaqua.
Will be played in Fribourg, Switzerland, 4-5 February, on indoors clay.
DokDi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 09:41 AM   #7
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Oopps I thought it was in Oz... but in Switzerland. Timea might play.

Hopefully they make the transition to clay quickly.
Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 11:10 AM   #8
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

I think they will all be thrilled to get out of town and away from the press and the pressure.
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 11:14 AM   #9
country flag Swanny006

Swanny006 is just really nice Swanny006 is just really nice Swanny006 is just really nice Swanny006 is just really nice Swanny006 is just really nice Swanny006 is just really nice Swanny006 is just really nice Swanny006 is just really nice Swanny006 is just really nice Swanny006 is just really nice Swanny006 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by louloubelle View Post
Oopps I thought it was in Oz... but in Switzerland. Timea might play.

Hopefully they make the transition to clay quickly.
If I was Stosur I would have left for switzerland last Tuesday night.
Swanny006 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 01:18 PM   #10
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DokDi View Post
Australia announced Fed Cup team: Stosur, Gajdosova, Dokic and Dellaqua.
Will be played in Fribourg, Switzerland, 4-5 February, on indoors clay.
Definately the right team to play.
Switzerland is presenting a weak team (rumours from newspapers). Many of the other forummers think that bacsinszky is sitting this one out and say belina bencic, talented 14 year old has been offerred a spot in the team (she just won G1 czech republic and was semi finalist last year at les petits as, prestiious 14/u tournament). I think their team will be Voegele, Sadikovic, Bencic and Conny Perrin. The schedule will be:
Dokic vs Sadikovic
Stosur vs Voegele
Stosur vs Sadikovic
Gajdosova vs Voegele
Stosur/Dokic/Gajdosova/Dellacqua vs Bencic/Perrin
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 11:30 PM   #11
louloubelle

David Taylor/Tennis Australia tweeted the 2nd spot is up for grabs and will be decided on practice - so no news yet.

I hope Dokic gets it and probably on form she will. Jarka just seems a loose cannon to me with her emotions all over the place and if the tie gets tight, could implode.
Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 06:28 AM   #12
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Casey can also be a good chance for Singles if it gets to like 3-0.

ZARINA DIYAS. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GÖRGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. OLIVIA TJANDRAMULIA.
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 06:54 AM   #13
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Voegele is playing well and Sadikovic had a brilliant end of 2011 so going to be tougher than everyone is saying. Hopefully Sam can shrug off the bad form and lead us to a victory.

Olivia ROGOWSKA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Dasha GAVRILOVA Heather WATSON Maddison INGLIS
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR Aleksandra KRUNIC
petey_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 10:53 AM   #14
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

The girls should be fine, but the AO performances are definitely cause for concern. It'll be an unimaginable blow to the team and to the players if they somehow conspire to lose this one.
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 12:08 PM   #15
country flag chris1897

chris1897 is just really nice chris1897 is just really nice chris1897 is just really nice chris1897 is just really nice chris1897 is just really nice chris1897 is just really nice chris1897 is just really nice chris1897 is just really nice chris1897 is just really nice chris1897 is just really nice chris1897 is just really nice

Does any know if aus vs swiss is being shown on tv at all?? I can't seem to find on any channel!
chris1897 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote