Kim playing like the number 1 player in the world? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 1st, 2005, 03:03 AM   #1
country flag shap_half

shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute
Kim playing like the number 1 player in the world?

Discuss
shap_half is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 1st, 2005, 07:14 AM   #2
country flag creep

creep has a reputation beyond repute creep has a reputation beyond repute creep has a reputation beyond repute creep has a reputation beyond repute creep has a reputation beyond repute creep has a reputation beyond repute creep has a reputation beyond repute creep has a reputation beyond repute creep has a reputation beyond repute creep has a reputation beyond repute creep has a reputation beyond repute
Well there's no pressure on her at the moment. Hopefully she can stay fully fit.Possibly the rest has done her good, and she's returning to the tour with a new fresh approach.And Lleyton ain't holding her back this time. Hehe
We always knew she was very talented, she just has to overcome that stumbling block named Henin-H (if she returns to her best) she's appeared to have a hoodoo sign over Kim, when it came to the crunch matches.

Is she playing like a #1 ranked player?......She's playing like a player with the #1 ranking on her mind.
creep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 07:17 AM   #3
country flag Gowza

Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of
i think she probably is, hard to tell unless she plays serena and sharapova which will happen soon. but she defeated lindsay in a big final and took mauresmo out very handily so i think she probably is the best player atm, the match against sharapova should be interesting.

also good luck to: azarenka, lucic, sprem, vakulenko, vaidisova, safarova, ivanovic, groenefeld, mirza, krajicek, kvitkova, larcher de brito, lisicki.
Gowza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 07:17 AM   #4
country flag Lemonskin.

Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think Kim is playing like Lindsay Davenport...

grumblemeyer-spelterwasser-kurstlich-himbleeisen-bahnwagen-gutenabend-bitte-ein-
nürnburger-bratwustle-gerspurten-mitz-weimache-luber-hundsfut-gumberaber-shönedanker-
kalbsfleisch-mittler-aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm?
Lemonskin. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 07:21 AM   #5
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold
Kim currently has the most wins over Top 20 players with seven and the most wins over Top 10 players with five.

So yes, her record against the Top 20 this year shows that she's doing the best out of everyone, ipso facto the number one player in the world.

It would be a shame if Maria won the final granted that Kim has done all the work for Maria, beating four Top 20 players this week. Up to the finals, Maria has only taken out #9 Venus Williams.

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.p...25#post4711225
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 07:30 AM   #6
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute
come on... with how sharapova is playing she would be beating any top 20 players out there too. she just hasn't played as many as kim. maria has only lost to serena and lindsay and has 2 titles so far this year and nothing less than a semifinal anywhere. kim has 1 title and some great wins, for sure.

and beating venus (fresh off a win over serena) is tougher than beating myskina, dementieva (yea, im a fan...), and amelie when she's going for the #1 ranking. maria also played an incredible match against justine who is also a much better player than her ranking tells.
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 07:41 AM   #7
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by faboozadoo15
come on... with how sharapova is playing she would be beating any top 20 players out there too. she just hasn't played as many as kim. maria has only lost to serena and lindsay and has 2 titles so far this year and nothing less than a semifinal anywhere. kim has 1 title and some great wins, for sure.

and beating venus (fresh off a win over serena) is tougher than beating myskina, dementieva (yea, im a fan...), and amelie when she's going for the #1 ranking. maria also played an incredible match against justine who is also a much better player than her ranking tells.
Yes I agree with some of your points. I guess what needs to be distinguished is the definition of a No. 1 player. Is it beating the best players out there or is it consistently winning titles/going deep in tournaments?
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 07:47 AM   #8
country flag syd

syd is a glorious beacon of light syd is a glorious beacon of light syd is a glorious beacon of light syd is a glorious beacon of light syd is a glorious beacon of light syd is a glorious beacon of light syd is a glorious beacon of light syd is a glorious beacon of light syd is a glorious beacon of light syd is a glorious beacon of light syd is a glorious beacon of light
She beats the world n°1 Lindsay, Amelie, Anastasia & elenaD,....at least she reaches the level she had before being injured.
she beats top players with impressive score line, as she did before !
Now, wait if she can do the same with the williams...
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 07:48 AM   #9
tennnisfannn

tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute
on tyhis boar, you are just as good as your last win. after the final, eithe rkim or maria will be playing like the no.1 player.
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 12:38 PM   #10
country flag _LuCaS_
Stimpacker

_LuCaS_ has a reputation beyond repute _LuCaS_ has a reputation beyond repute _LuCaS_ has a reputation beyond repute _LuCaS_ has a reputation beyond repute _LuCaS_ has a reputation beyond repute _LuCaS_ has a reputation beyond repute _LuCaS_ has a reputation beyond repute _LuCaS_ has a reputation beyond repute _LuCaS_ has a reputation beyond repute _LuCaS_ has a reputation beyond repute _LuCaS_ has a reputation beyond repute
SHe is playing great tennis. She benefits a little from the poor form of some players in 2005, but overall she's amazing. Warning though...winning tier 1 titles back to back can be hazardous to her health. I don't know if her wrist is 100% healed.