What will the top 10 look like at years end? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 31st, 2005, 08:16 PM   #1
country flag virtue05

virtue05 is a name known to all virtue05 is a name known to all virtue05 is a name known to all virtue05 is a name known to all virtue05 is a name known to all virtue05 is a name known to all virtue05 is a name known to all virtue05 is a name known to all virtue05 is a name known to all virtue05 is a name known to all virtue05 is a name known to all
What will the top 10 look like at years end?

Here is what it will look like in my opinion

1. Serena/Sharapova: it depends on what kind of shape they are both end towards the end of the year.

2. Serena: I just think that Maria has more energy right now.

3. Davenport

4. Amelie

5. Kim/Venus: Who ever is the more consistent after Wimbeldon

6. Justine

7. Kuztnetsova

8. Dementiava: Yes she has a lot of points, but I think she will loose earlier in tournaments now dew to the fact that Kim and Justine are back, and Venus is playing better. And it doesn't look like that serve is going to get any better.

9. Alicia Molik: she is going to get to the 16s consistently.

10. Myskinia: she has to many points to denfend at the French and at other tournaments.
virtue05 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 31st, 2005, 08:20 PM   #2
country flag SilK

SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute
I think Justine can possibly be back in the top10 as well. Since she has nothing BIG to defend really and she can compete with the best of them!
SilK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 08:44 PM   #3
country flag MrSerenaWilliams
GET.OUT.OF.THE.WAY.

MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with most of that, but regardless of whomever between Kim and Venus is the most consistent after July, they both should be in the top 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Sick of Serena winning everything so easily.

MrSerenaWilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 09:28 PM   #4
Kart

Kart is an unknown quantity at this point
1. Alexandra Stevenson.

2. The rest.

You heard it here first .
Kart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 10:41 PM   #5
country flag DolceVuitton

DolceVuitton is a glorious beacon of light DolceVuitton is a glorious beacon of light DolceVuitton is a glorious beacon of light DolceVuitton is a glorious beacon of light DolceVuitton is a glorious beacon of light DolceVuitton is a glorious beacon of light DolceVuitton is a glorious beacon of light DolceVuitton is a glorious beacon of light DolceVuitton is a glorious beacon of light DolceVuitton is a glorious beacon of light DolceVuitton is a glorious beacon of light
I definately think that Kim is going to make the top 10 in there somewhere by the end of the year.

Kim Clijsters
Serena Williams
Venus Williams
Andy Roddick
Roger Federer
Amelie Mauresmo

GOOD LUCK! 2005 Season is here!
DolceVuitton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 10:43 PM   #6
country flag SpikeyAidanm
Team WTAworld

SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute
1 - Sharapova
2 - Clijsters
3 - S.Williams
4 - Mauresmo
5 - Davenport
6 - Dementieva
7 - Molik
8 - Henin-Hardenne
9 - V.Williams
10 - Ivanovic
SpikeyAidanm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 10:47 PM   #7
country flag RenaSlam.

RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by virtue05
Here is what it will look like in my opinion

1. Serena/Sharapova: it depends on what kind of shape they are both end towards the end of the year.

2. Serena: I just think that Maria has more energy right now.

3. Davenport

4. Amelie

5. Kim/Venus: Who ever is the more consistent after Wimbeldon

6. Justine

7. Kuztnetsova

8. Dementiava: Yes she has a lot of points, but I think she will loose earlier in tournaments now dew to the fact that Kim and Justine are back, and Venus is playing better. And it doesn't look like that serve is going to get any better.

9. Alicia Molik: she is going to get to the 16s consistently.

10. Myskinia: she has to many points to denfend at the French and at other tournaments.
Totally agree with this list. I think Maria will make it to number one simply because she plays more than Serena and has played extremely well for the last few months.
__W00.01.05.07.08__USO00.01__

Step.
RenaSlam. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 10:54 PM   #8
country flag alexusjonesfan

alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kart
1. Alexandra Stevenson.

2. The rest.

You heard it here first .
Troof.

there's two people on the rickshaw now
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 10:59 PM   #9
country flag Wannabeknowitall

Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute
My Top 10 prediction:

1) Sharapova
2)Lindsay Davenport
3) Serena Williams
4)Mauresmo
5)Kim Clijsters
6)Kuznetsova
7)Dementieva
8)Justine Henin-Hardenne
9)Alicia Molik
10) Myskina

My reasons why....
Sharapova and Lindsay are just too consistent. Serena's lost this week really hurts her chances to get to number 1. She will have to win the French to catch up now.
Mauresmo is consistent but to expect her to have the year she had last year with Clijsters and Henin-Hardenne back is asking for too much.
Kim Clijsters has everything to gain now.
Kuznetsova will finally play well and do better at Roland Garros and Wimbledon than she did last year.
Dementieva is consistent enough most of the time and she is one of the biggest opportunist there. If someone is having an off day then she'll take advantage of it and their draw.
Justine has some points to defend but she seems to be playing well enough to get back in the top 10.
Molik is streaky. She'll have a good French and Wimbledon.
Myskina will have an off year for her but she'll find ways to win some matches.
Problem is her schedule was so hectic last year that she will lose points even if she does well.
Ex. Myskina will have to choose between defending her points at Sopot, Poland and San Diego, CA since this year they are the same week. Even if she happened to win one of them she would still lose some points.
Wannabeknowitall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 12:04 AM   #10
country flag Shonami Slam

Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute
you all are simply placing momo out of the top 10.... that's a little harsh isn't it????
she's a big girls!
plus, don't forget that if lindsay wins USopen - she'll retire.
JennyCap should return as well.
that said:

1. lindsay if she stays.
2. momo - and another missed slam final too.
3. serena - without another slam though.
4. sharapova - DUE TO INJURY. she's gunna hurt herself, you'll see
5. kuznetsova
6. kimmy
7. elena D
8. justine.
9. vera/nadia.
10. capriati hold to that top10 position, if she doesn't retire.
11 and 12 in case of americans retiring - russians battling strong - myskina, bovina, likhovtseva, vera/nadia (the on not in 9th), and perhaps even linetskaya or safina, depending on how they cope with clay.
moreover - russians will have 16 seeds by the USopen.
if you have nothing important to say, please do so in non-tennis forum. if you have something you think is important, but is actually rubbish regarding anything other than tennis - please do so in the non-tennis forum. if you have something tennis related to say, but it's actually "OMG, X player is so h0t!1" or "who has the biggest boobs on the wtatour" please do so in menstennisforum, under "wta forum". if you have something important, tennis-related and interesting to say please do so. No one in the world can understand how much tennis means to someone, except another fan.
Shonami Slam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 03:06 PM   #11
country flag MrSerenaWilliams
GET.OUT.OF.THE.WAY.

MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute
I think Serena will be number 1, because I think she has the motivation to complete a Grand Slam. She is really pacing herself during her matches, and I have seen a lot of confidence in her as of late. I think she will catch fire around April and will go on like a 30 match win streak. so...she definately has more of a shot than anyone to completely dominate for a long period of time. so...she really could be YE #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Sick of Serena winning everything so easily.

MrSerenaWilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 04:20 PM   #12
country flag VRee_Willario

VRee_Willario has a reputation beyond repute VRee_Willario has a reputation beyond repute VRee_Willario has a reputation beyond repute VRee_Willario has a reputation beyond repute VRee_Willario has a reputation beyond repute VRee_Willario has a reputation beyond repute VRee_Willario has a reputation beyond repute VRee_Willario has a reputation beyond repute VRee_Willario has a reputation beyond repute VRee_Willario has a reputation beyond repute VRee_Willario has a reputation beyond repute
Serena saves herself for the Grand Slam Glory, same goes with Venus!

1. Serena Williams
2. Maria Sharapova
3. Venus Williams
4. Lindsay Davenport
5. Kim Clijsters
6. Amelie Mauresmo
7. Alicia Molik
8. Justine Henin-Hardenne
9. Ana Ivanovic
10. Vera Zvonareva

ArantxaSanchez-Vicario

Vee and Ree A fan since I was eight years old, and always supporting you
VRee_Willario is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 04:24 PM   #13
country flag manu

manu has a brilliant future manu has a brilliant future manu has a brilliant future manu has a brilliant future manu has a brilliant future manu has a brilliant future manu has a brilliant future manu has a brilliant future manu has a brilliant future manu has a brilliant future manu has a brilliant future
1. Serena - if she stays healthy
2. Sharapova
3. Clijsters
4. Davenport
5. Henin-Hardenne
6. Venus
7. Mauresmo
8. Kuznetsova
9. Molik
10. Dementieva
manu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 05:36 PM   #14
Kart

Kart is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by viggen
Troof.

there's two people on the rickshaw now
Kart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 06:28 PM   #15
country flag blumaroo

blumaroo has a brilliant future blumaroo has a brilliant future blumaroo has a brilliant future blumaroo has a brilliant future blumaroo has a brilliant future blumaroo has a brilliant future blumaroo has a brilliant future blumaroo has a brilliant future blumaroo has a brilliant future blumaroo has a brilliant future blumaroo has a brilliant future
1. Maria Sharapova
2. Lindsay Davenport
3. Serena Williams
4. Kim Clijsters
5. Amelie Mauresmo
6. Elena Dementieva
7. Alicia Molik
8. Justine Henin
9. Venus Williams
10. Kuznetsova
blumaroo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote