Masha-Venus: beautiful stats! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 31st, 2005, 06:44 PM   #1
country flag "Topaz"

"Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute
Masha-Venus: beautiful stats!

These are stats to die for. What a beautiful match! Congrats to both ladies!

Code:
Venus*Williams (USA) [8]	4	3	
Maria*Sharapova (RUS) [2] 	6	6	
Elapsed Time By Set		31	46	

Match Summary			Williams	Sharapova	
1st Serve %			74%		74%	
Aces				5		2	
Double Faults			2		1	
Winning % - 1st Serve Pts.	27 of 40 = 68%	34 of 45 = 76%	
Winning % - 2nd Serve Pts.	8 of 14 = 57%	11 of 16 = 69%	
Winners (including service)	22*		11*	
Unforced Errors			24*		12*	
Break Point Conversions		0 of 6 = 0 %	2 of 5 = 40 %	
Net Approaches			10 of 12 = 83 %	3 of 4 = 75 %	
Total Points Won		51*		64*	
Fastest Match Serve Speed	121 MPH	108 MPH	
Average Match Serve Speed	105 MPH	101 MPH
Some very strong signals have been sent to the tour by both ladies.

"Playing aggressive tennis ... that's always the way to go, if you ask me." - Venus Williams, May/2002
"Some shots I will hit hard but not every ball. I'm not just using my power." - Serena Williams, Oct/2002
"Topaz" is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 31st, 2005, 06:50 PM   #2
country flag virtue05

virtue05 is a name known to all virtue05 is a name known to all virtue05 is a name known to all virtue05 is a name known to all virtue05 is a name known to all virtue05 is a name known to all virtue05 is a name known to all virtue05 is a name known to all virtue05 is a name known to all virtue05 is a name known to all virtue05 is a name known to all
Maria actually played well.
virtue05 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 07:00 PM   #3
country flag "Topaz"

"Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute "Topaz" has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by virtue05
Maria actually played well.
So did Venus, but Masha was too much on cue today. With stats like those above, they each would have won against anybody else.

"Playing aggressive tennis ... that's always the way to go, if you ask me." - Venus Williams, May/2002
"Some shots I will hit hard but not every ball. I'm not just using my power." - Serena Williams, Oct/2002
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 07:00 PM   #4
country flag Kabezya

Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future Kabezya has a brilliant future
I'm impressed with Venus. A win would have topped everything, but the girl has it and she's going to do well this year.
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 07:01 PM   #5
country flag UDiTY

UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of
Maria has 11 winners, but probably 15-20 unreturnables, cuz Venus always gets her racket on balls.

Maria was too good.

UDiTY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 07:09 PM   #6
country flag RussiansFan

RussiansFan is a name known to all RussiansFan is a name known to all RussiansFan is a name known to all RussiansFan is a name known to all RussiansFan is a name known to all RussiansFan is a name known to all RussiansFan is a name known to all RussiansFan is a name known to all RussiansFan is a name known to all RussiansFan is a name known to all RussiansFan is a name known to all
Masha played very well. Venus also played well, at least until 4-5 in the first set. However, it's very difficult to serve when you're 4-5 or 5-6...
In the 2nd Venus played worse, expecially with her forehand, except for the last game, when she recoveder her toughness. But Masha was too consistent, today...
MARIA SHARAPOVA - WTA #1 (7 WEEKS)
2004 WIMBLEDON CHAMPION & WTA CHAMPS WINNER
2005 WTA N°1
2006 INDIAN WEELS WINNER

- - - - - GO MASHA!!! - - - -

GOOD LUCK ALSO TO:
ELENA DEMENTIEVA
ANASTASIA MYSKINA
MARIA KIRILENKO
RussiansFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 07:14 PM   #7
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by UDiTY
Maria has 11 winners, but probably 15-20 unreturnables, cuz Venus always gets her racket on balls.

Maria was too good.
yep, venus DENIES winners. toughest lady on the circuit to ace, for sure.
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 07:16 PM   #8
country flag jacobruiz
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute
Both girls played very, very well today. I wish Venus had been a little more aggressive but Maria was just too good and played the big points extremely well.

Congrats, MASHA!!

Keep on playing great, Venus!
jacobruiz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 07:24 PM   #9
country flag Julia1968

Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all
The only thing seperating Venus and Sharapova today was the service breaks. Venus played well. Maria served better. Actually, Maria placed her serves better. When Maria went 0-40 on her serve in the last game of the match, she served to Venus' forehand. Smart tennis.
Julia1968 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 07:26 PM   #10
country flag Julia1968

Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all Julia1968 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥Topaz
So did Venus, but Masha was too much on cue today. With stats like those above, they each would have won against anybody else.

Agreed.
Julia1968 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 07:30 PM   #11
country flag xan

xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute
Main differences:

Maria's second serve did more damage.

Maria didn't go to net enough. (Room to improve there.)

Official Hitman of the Maria Mafia
xan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 07:33 PM   #12
country flag Wannabeknowitall

Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia1968

Agreed.
Venus played good but it wasn't good enough today. Venus forehand was off compared to her match against Serena. The serve was still good today. Sharapova has obviously showed that her lost to Lindsay has no long term effect on her. Sharapova might win the whole thing. Mauresmo isn't playing great right now and Clijsters is running on empty.

P.S. Julia is in the green. It's kinda odd I'm so use to the black.
Wannabeknowitall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 07:34 PM   #13
country flag Jakeev

Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by UDiTY

Maria was too good.
That is interesting too because I had to tape the match at 6-4, 3-0 and when I began watching it at that point, a stat window had popped up that said Venus had 18 winners and Maria 21.

So I guess who ever does the Nasdaq site stats records one way and the ESPN stat man/woman does it another.
Jakeev is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 07:37 PM   #14
country flag skanky~skanketta

skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute
she could have gone to the net much more.
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 07:42 PM   #15
country flag "Topaz"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeev
That is interesting too because I had to tape the match at 6-4, 3-0 and when I began watching it at that point, a stat window had popped up that said Venus had 18 winners and Maria 21.

So I guess who ever does the Nasdaq site stats records one way and the ESPN stat man/woman does it another.
Could have been a mistake. I've seen mistakes like that quite often.