Croat's Day 8 Report (updated) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 29th, 2005, 05:18 AM   #1
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute
Croat's Day 8 Report (updated)

Matches I saw (only saw parts of the matches with an *)
Mauresmo def. Sprem (k-lina had the second set on her racquet )
Clijsters def. Myskina* (first set only)
Maleeva/Huber def. Stewart/Stosur (second set tiebreak only...sam )
Dementieva def. Golovin* (the poster child for shot spot)
Ivanovic def. Kuznetsova* (Ivanovic earned the win, she hit 3 winners in the last game where she broke)
Henman def. Chela* (boring....left after 3 games)
Stepanek def. Morrison* (watched cause everyone i went with wanted to see Jeff....Jeff tanked the match )
Ancic def. Haas (highest quality match of the day)
V. Williams def. Castano (venus's forehand )
S. Williams def. Likhovtseva (serena's forehand sat right behind richard's box!!)
Other players I saw:
Talaja (for like the 50th time this tournament - she is EVERYWHERE)
Lee (Talaja's doubles partner)
Cohen-Aloro
Ivan Ljubicic
IVA MAJOLI

ooo...a little research for someone to do before i post my report (which will be tomorrow around 6pm cause i can't go tomorrow ). can u find a picture of majoli's dad. cause it was either her dad or her way to old lover that sat right behind me during the ancic match (iva was also at k-lina's match and gave k-lina a big hug after she left the court really upset)

Last edited by croat123 : Mar 30th, 2005 at 05:37 PM.
croat123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 30th, 2005, 01:30 AM   #2
country flag ezekiel

ezekiel has a reputation beyond repute ezekiel has a reputation beyond repute ezekiel has a reputation beyond repute ezekiel has a reputation beyond repute ezekiel has a reputation beyond repute ezekiel has a reputation beyond repute ezekiel has a reputation beyond repute ezekiel has a reputation beyond repute ezekiel has a reputation beyond repute ezekiel has a reputation beyond repute ezekiel has a reputation beyond repute
I am curious to read your experience ...
ezekiel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 03:24 AM   #3
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute
looks like i might have to put off writing this some more lol...just came back from the heat vs. raptors game and i have a huge test tomorrow morning. i'll get this up soon. btw, i saw becker and sharapova at the heat game
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 04:25 AM   #4
country flag ezekiel

ezekiel has a reputation beyond repute ezekiel has a reputation beyond repute ezekiel has a reputation beyond repute ezekiel has a reputation beyond repute ezekiel has a reputation beyond repute ezekiel has a reputation beyond repute ezekiel has a reputation beyond repute ezekiel has a reputation beyond repute ezekiel has a reputation beyond repute ezekiel has a reputation beyond repute ezekiel has a reputation beyond repute
I saw that too on raptors broadcast up here . Sharapova wore some yellow suite but she didn't seem like she enjoyed herself. Becker is a fixture at the heat games though
ezekiel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 05:36 PM   #5
country flag croat123

Here we go...
Got there around 11:50. To my surprise K-lina was already warming up . Ran over to court 1. Saw Iva Majoli walk in with Mario Tudor and K-lina. K-lina looked really hot (the outfit, btw, is in fact nike, but nike won't be her official sponsor for a few more weeks). K-lina started off strong. She was up break point and she had an easy pass but she missed her backhand just wide. Then she had game point in her game, but she got broken. She was missing a lot on her forehand. She came into net a few times but was way too tentative...even on her swinging volleys. Anyways, she just never found her range in the first set and Mauresmo just got everything back with a lot of slice and waited for the inevitable error from Sprem. Second set was better. K-lina started hitting more winners - so did Mauresmo. Amelie eventually got the break, but the rain came. It was raining off and on for about 30 minutes (Majoli and her friend spent about $200 in the Fila store during that time ). When they started playing again K-lina came out on fire. She started off with three straight winners and eventually broke and held. Mauresmo was feeling the pressure at 5-4 and 15-30 for K-lina, but she came up with a second serve ace out of no where. K-lina pushed the game to duece over and over again, but never got to set point. She wasn't nearly agressive enough when she was returning. I don't think she had a single return winner (or attacking return for that matter) in the whole match. What cost her the game was a frame forehand return off a second serve followed by a backhand into the net. Serving at 5-5, Karolina missed a forehand, Mauresmo forced an errors, Karolina missed a backhand and then hit her first double fault of the match to get broken. The last game was bad too. Karolina missed a forehand, when for a backhand dtl winner from 15 feet behind the baseline (missed just wide), and then missed another forehand on match point. Karolina didn't play too bad though - her problem is that she doesn't go for winners when she has a chance and then she goes for them when she isn't in a position to hit them. Mauresmo played well, but she was lucky that Karolina wasn't attacking her serves. K-lina But (at least) a solid top30 performance.
I stayed on Court 1 for the first set of Clijsters vs. Myskina. Kim came out on fire. It looked like Myskina wasn't going to get on the board at all, but then, all of a sudden, after an amazing point by Kim, the level of play just dropped off. Both players were hitting errors from everywhere. It was still entertaining stuff cause the rallies were long and they both did a lot of running, but every point ended in an unforced error. Myskina is scary when she gets pissed lol. There was a game in which she stared down her coach and started yelling at him after every point (even if she won it).
Saw the second set tiebreaker in the Maleeva/Huber vs. Stewart/Stosur match. Stewart has no serve at all - slower than Camile Pin. Stosur cost the Aussies the match with a couple of unforced errors. It was Stewart that got them back to 6-6 after being down 2-6. Huber and Maleeva played really well though and I knew that the third set was going to be a blowout.
Saw the last 3 games of Ivanovic vs. Kuznetsova. Ivanovic hit three let cord winners. She really did deserve to win though, she kept fighting and pumping herself up. At 6-5 in the third, she hit three winners to win the match.
Went over the Henman vs. Chela. Really boring match, don't know if it got better, but it was really quick tennis and most points were decided by errors.
Saw Dementieva vs. Golovin from 3-2 Dementieva in the first. Elena served so bad in the first set. She hit 4 doubles faults in one game. She also got a lot of bad calls. At 5-3 Golovin there were 3 questionable calls that all went against her. She was really mad and kept looking up to her mom for support. She started the second set off a lot better and was able to hold serve and break Golovin. Tatiana played a nice match from what I saw, a lot of down-the-line winners and did well up at net. Tatiana had problems with her serve...just like she did in practice against Safina when I saw her last Wednesday.
All my friends wanted to see Morrison play. He was terrible against Stepanek. After 3-3 he just tanked the match. He didn't even fight to try to win a game in the second set. Credit to Radek though, he hit a lot of winners (even though most were because Jeff didn't feel like running).
Next match was Ancic vs. Haas Match of the day . Mario kept attacking and Haas was amazing with his passing shots. Mario hit some great low volleys and always came up with a big serve when he needed it. Tommy got pissed with himself early on. He threw his racquet a few times, started swearing in German, and tried to break the scoreboard. There were a couple of great points in which both players ended up at the net. Mario was down 15-40 when serving for the match. Tommy hit an unforced error on the first break point. On the second, Mario hit an ace out wide, but Tommy thought it was out. He started yelling at the line judge. That delayed play for about 2 minutes cause Tommy was really pissed. Mario then quickly closed out the match.
Stayed at the Grandstand for Venus and Catalina Castano. It first looked like it was going to be a blowout, but then, all of a sudden, Venus's forehand disappeared. She hit a couple of forehands that almost bounced before they got to the net. Credit to Castano for getting everything back, but Venus beat herself in the second set. The crowd was going crazy when Castano took it. In the third set, Venus didn't raise her game much, but Catalina started going for way too much, I think she got nervous.
Got to Stadium court just in time for Serena (can't believe I missed Federer getting stretched to three sets). Sat two rows behind Richard Williams. He is too funny lol. He was making fun of one of the line judges for the entire match. He kept calling Serena "Meek" and "Meeka" (nickname?). Serena was also wearing white instead of pink (and he skirt was see-through. Anyways, Serena's forehand was also off (just like Venus) and that's what let Likhovtseva win the second set. The third set though was really high quality. Both players were hitting winners. Serena hit some amazing passing shots and got everything back. Elena missed an overhead when Serena was serving for the match. That was her last chance to get back in it. Solid win for Serena.

And that was my day I'm going tonight!
Btw, I would have predicted Serena to beat Venus easily judging from the way they played on Monday.
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 11:35 PM   #6
country flag croat123

bump
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 10:41 AM   #7
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute
Thamx for your report.

Will you go today?
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 01:02 PM   #8
country flag croat123

yup

i went last night as well, i'll put that report up later (altho last night was the single worst session i've ever been too lol)
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 01:06 PM   #9
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you'll see Maggie/Liezel and also the match between Kim and Amelie.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 03:23 PM   #10
country flag Principessa

Principessa has a brilliant future Principessa has a brilliant future Principessa has a brilliant future Principessa has a brilliant future Principessa has a brilliant future Principessa has a brilliant future Principessa has a brilliant future Principessa has a brilliant future Principessa has a brilliant future Principessa has a brilliant future Principessa has a brilliant future
Thanks!
Did you see Mario's match against Rogi?
Principessa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 08:21 PM   #11
country flag AjdeNate!
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.

AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute
pictures?
AjdeNate! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 09:16 PM   #12
country flag Lapin

Lapin has disabled reputation
Thanks Croat123!
Lapin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 12:11 AM   #13
country flag croat123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Principessa
Thanks!
Did you see Mario's match against Rogi?
no, i couldn't go tuesday

there was a short clip of two points at sport.hrt.hr
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 12:11 AM   #14
country flag croat123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athenaeum
pictures?
check ur pm box
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 12:21 AM   #15
country flag croat123

and a sample is in my avatar