2012 Player Of The Year?? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who Will Recieve 2012 Player Of The Year???

Serena Williams (Wimbledon, Olympic Gold, US OPEN) 239 86.59%
Victoria Azarenka (Australian Open, World No. 1) 22 7.97%
Maria Sharapova (French Open, Owner Of All 4 Slams) 15 5.43%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 9th, 2012, 11:47 PM   #1
country flag SAEKeithSerena

SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute
Talking 2012 Player Of The Year??

Now that Serena won 2 Majors And Olympic Singles Gold in 2012, she is definitely a lock-in for POTY. Do you agree or who do you think it should be? YEC will of course add to the credibility, but I just don't see anyone else taking it away from her.

So proud of you Serena and am sure she will be recieving this honor

16-Time Grand Slam Champion.

2013 Titles: Brisbane, Sony Open (Miami), Family Circle Cup, Madrid, Rome, 16th SLAM-THE FRENCH OPEN, Bastad, Roger's Cup

2013 Record: (60-4)
SAEKeithSerena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 9th, 2012, 11:51 PM   #2
country flag shoryuken

shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 Player Of The Year??

I think so. 2 Majors and Olympic singles and undefeated against the other 2 candidates. Most titles this year with 6.
\ /
I IV
serenaslam.tumblr.com
shoryuken is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 11:53 PM   #3
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

I still feel her R1 & R4 slam losses should postpone the decision until the YEC. If she wins that as well, fine, then it's a no brainer.

But a true great player shouldn't have R1 slam losses.

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 11:55 PM   #4
country flag sweetpeas

sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute

Maria has a 1 rd loss!
sweetpeas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 11:55 PM   #5
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

No contest.

But I suppose some might push for Vika since it was her breakout year.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 11:55 PM   #6
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

1 - Serena
2 - Maria (purely on the basis that she completed the Grand Slam)
3 - Vika (actually had a better year than Maria though)
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 11:56 PM   #7
country flag justineheninfan

justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute

Serena has it in the bag and anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional. She has won 3 of the 6 biggest tournaments of the year (at minimum, this is even if she doesnt win the WTA Championships and who will bet against her if she plays that), and 2 of the biggest 4. Nobody else can match either of that at this point. She has repeatedly thumped all her biggest rivals, she has not lost a match to any of the top 4 this year. One cant even say she only focused on the slams either, with dominant wins at two Premier events on clay no less. Azarenka or Sharapova could win every match the remainder of the year at this point Serena will win it, and rightfully so.

Had Azarenka won the U.S Open final she would have been pretty much a lock too. It all came down to that one match really in the grand scheme of things.
justineheninfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 11:56 PM   #8
country flag choi15

choi15 has much to be proud of choi15 has much to be proud of choi15 has much to be proud of choi15 has much to be proud of choi15 has much to be proud of choi15 has much to be proud of choi15 has much to be proud of choi15 has much to be proud of choi15 has much to be proud of choi15 has much to be proud of choi15 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
I still feel her R1 & R4 slam losses should postpone the decision until the YEC. If she wins that as well, fine, then it's a no brainer.

x2 T2, x1 T1, x2 GS, x1 Olympic Gold and 1 loss since the start of wimbledon...cmon...
choi15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 11:57 PM   #9
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

Don't they have ITF World Champion and WTA POTY?

I wouldn't be surprised if Serena gets ITF World Champion because of Olympics+2 slams and Vika gets WTA POTY.
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 11:58 PM   #10
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by choi15 View Post
x2 T2, x1 T1, x2 GS, x1 Olympic Gold and 1 loss since the start of wimbledon...cmon...
So, look at Vika's run in the beginning of the year, not less impressive.

Right now Serena's ahead for winning the second slam that's why I say, wait for the YEC. If Vika wins that then it's a tossup imo.

Sharapova has no business being in front of them, they both own her. Career slam or not, she simply can't be ranked above these two this year.

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 11:59 PM   #11
country flag graffite

graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold

It's pretty close between the three of them. I mean, I don't remember much of Serena's form this year prior to Charleston, whereas Vika and Maria seem more consistent in my head. However, given the fact that Serena has beat Vika and Maria consistently - the other top players of the year, I think it's fair to say Serena.

Maria Sharapova, Sam Stosur, Jamie Hampton, Sofia Arvidsson, Mona Barthel, Julia Georges, Ana Ivanovic, Tsvetana Pironkova, Camila Giorgi.
Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva
graffite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 12:01 AM   #12
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Serena, hands down. YEC can only decide #2.
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 12:02 AM   #13
country flag Some1

Some1 is a name known to all Some1 is a name known to all Some1 is a name known to all Some1 is a name known to all Some1 is a name known to all Some1 is a name known to all Some1 is a name known to all Some1 is a name known to all Some1 is a name known to all Some1 is a name known to all Some1 is a name known to all

I think Serena will get WTA Player of the Year and the one who ends the year number 1 (probably Vika) will get the ITF Player of the Year award.

♣ Eugenie Bouchard ♣ Aleksandra Wozniak ♣ Françoise Abanda ♣
Some1 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 12:02 AM   #14
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeas View Post
Maria has a 1 rd loss!
When?

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic •
tumblr.graphics thread
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 12:02 AM   #15
country flag Miss Atomic Bomb

Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute

2 slams, Olympic gold, Premier Mandatory and 2 other premier title. Add to that the way she has humiliated the other two contenders on several occasions in the past few months and we have a clear winner. The R1 flop stings less by the day.

Azarenka is second.

Miss Atomic Bomb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote