Lena's Next Opponent... - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 12th, 2005, 07:36 AM   #31
country flag Prizeidiot

Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute
Man, Alina is having some really dodgy results so far this year, after a very good 2004. I like Elena's chances.... though Alina is a nice girl, and I hope she takes a few games.
Prizeidiot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 12th, 2005, 04:06 PM   #32
country flag Paco

Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prizeidiot
Man, Alina is having some really dodgy results so far this year, after a very good 2004. I like Elena's chances.... though Alina is a nice girl, and I hope she takes a few games.
Yes, she didn't play good this year.
I agree that Alina is a nice girl.
Please, don´t smile
I´m paralyzed and you are still alive.
Paco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2005, 05:19 PM   #33
country flag P.L.B.

P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of
Here is one interview from this tournament:
http://au.news.yahoo.com/050411/15/tww3.html

Fully-fit Dementieva ready for claycourt season

CHARLESTON, South Carolina, April 11 (Reuters) - Russian Elena Dementieva makes a belated start to the claycourt season at the Family Circle Cup this week, the first step on what she hopes will lead to glory at next month's French Open.

The world number five lost to compatriot Anastasia Myskina in the final at Roland Garros last year and was then beaten by another Russian, Svetlana Kuznetsova, in the U.S. Open final.

The hip injury that caused her to miss last week's Amelia Island Championship has cleared up and having risen to a career-high number five this year, the 23-year-old will be among the favourites in Paris.

"I think last year was amazing for me, reaching two grand slam finals," she said.

"And when you've been in two grand slam finals, the next thing is to win one."

Though she beat several top 10 players on her way to the finals in Paris and New York, Dementieva has been criticised for her weak serve, which has been her Achilles heel over the past couple of years.

The Russian has been working hard to improve it, but said she doesn't see it as a significant weakness.

"I think I took a big lesson from the finals," she said. "I know I have to improve my serve but I really don't think it's a problem.

"In practice and in exhibitions I am serving well. I just need to keep doing that. I am a tall girl and my serve can really help me but I can't worry about it when I get on the court. I just have to go out and play."

Such is the strength of the rest of her game that many feel Dementieva would be pushing for the world number one spot if she had a serve comparable to her rivals, particularly Lindsay Davenport and Serena Williams.

Dementieva, though, said it was not that simple.

"Just look at Andy Roddick," she said. "He has the biggest serve on the men's tour and he's not the number one because other parts of his game are not so good.

"I think it's more important to have the desire and the other parts of your game."

Dementieva's desire is not in question, and her consistency, athleticism and competitiveness make her a factor every week she plays.

This week, though, the Russian warned not to expect too much of her.

"I feel pretty good," she said. "I really couldn't play last week but my hip is getting better and I'm ready to play.

"But this is my first week on clay so it's going to be quite difficult because it's definitely more work on clay."

Dementieva, seeded second here behind world number one Lindsay Davenport, will open her title challenge on Tuesday or Wednesday against fellow Russian Alina Jidkova in the second round.
P.L.B. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2005, 07:30 PM   #34
country flag PaulHopkins

PaulHopkins has much to be proud of PaulHopkins has much to be proud of PaulHopkins has much to be proud of PaulHopkins has much to be proud of PaulHopkins has much to be proud of PaulHopkins has much to be proud of PaulHopkins has much to be proud of PaulHopkins has much to be proud of PaulHopkins has much to be proud of PaulHopkins has much to be proud of PaulHopkins has much to be proud of
Next up for Lena is Spaniard Nuria Llagostera Vives in the Third Round at Charleston. Their head to head and Llagostera's Year to Date are below...

HEAD TO HEAD

Elena Dementieva 1-0 Nuria Llagostera Vives

2001 - Acapulco Open - (Clay) - Dementieva Won 6-2 6-1

YEAR TO DATE

Auckland - Hard

BEAT Anne Kremer 6-3 6-3
LOST TO Jelena Jankovic 1-6 0-6

Canberra - Hard

LOST TO Lindsay Lee-Waters 6-7 1-6

Australian Open - Hard

LOST TO Sophie Ferguson 6-2 6-7 4-6

Ortisei - Carpet (Indoors)

BEAT Lucie Hradecka 3-6 6-2 6-4
BEAT Sabine Klaschka 7-5 4-1 Ret
LOST TO Sandra Kleinova 6-3 1-6 3-6

Acapulco - Clay

LOST TO Antonella Serra Zanetti 2-6 1-6

Indian Wells - Hard

BEAT Camille Pin 6-4 6-0
LOST TO Iveta Benesova 0-6 2-6

Orange - Hard

LOST TO Sybille Bammer 2-6 4-6

Miami - Hard

BEAT Lindsay Lee-Waters 6-2 6-0
BEAT Vera Zvonareva 3-6 6-3 6-1
LOST TO Justine Henin-Hardenne 3-6 2-6

Amelia Island - Clay

BEAT Jamea Jackson 6-3 2-6 6-3
LOST TO Katerina Bondarenko 3-6 4-6
Old Apr 14th, 2005, 12:47 AM   #35
country flag No Name Face

No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute No Name Face has a reputation beyond repute
come on lena...she beat a slumping zvonareva but still, she's a force to be reckoned with. i want to see a final from you, baby.
No Name Face is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2005, 08:14 AM   #36
country flag Prizeidiot

Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting results.... I think Elena will get through... Mary Pierce would've been much more worrying
Old Apr 14th, 2005, 09:09 AM   #37
country flag Paco

Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute
Lena should win it.
Please, don´t smile
Old May 11th, 2005, 04:50 AM   #38
country flag Shoulderpova
Team WTAworld

Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute
Lena's next opponent is Gesila Dulko
2004 MONTREAL HARD (O) R32 G. DULKO 6-1 6-4
This is good chance for Lena to take revenge
Shoulderpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2005, 06:39 AM   #39
country flag Vamos Feńa

Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Five
Lena's next opponent is Gesila Dulko
2004 MONTREAL HARD (O) R32 G. DULKO 6-1 6-4
This is good chance for Lena to take revenge
Yep Lena you must take revenge
I remember that match.Lena had a large number of UE-s and it was probably bigger problem than her serve.She had an awful day...
Good luck Lena

Thank you for those 10 years
Vamos Feńa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2005, 08:11 AM   #40
country flag Paco

It should be good
Please, don´t smile
Old May 11th, 2005, 08:58 AM   #41
country flag Prizeidiot

Elena is a much more consistent player than she was when she last played Gisela. I just think that this time, Gisela won't be able to count on Elena self destructing. Elena should win this in two, but Gisela can be a dangerous opponent.
Old May 20th, 2005, 12:25 PM   #42
country flag strato

strato has much to be proud of strato has much to be proud of strato has much to be proud of strato has much to be proud of strato has much to be proud of strato has much to be proud of strato has much to be proud of strato has much to be proud of strato has much to be proud of strato has much to be proud of strato has much to be proud of
So Lena is playing Barbora Strycova in the 1st round of Roland Garros...
It seems to be an easy round, but Strycova (#84, highest: #55) is a former junior world champion, so beware !

Come on Elena !

P.S : Mauresmo has again such easy matches at the beginning : I'm not surprised and I think the draw is always oriented . Anyway, Momo will still manage to lose !!

When we were younger, if I lost to her I wouldn't talk to her for a couple of days, but now I play against Russian players almost every week, so I'm kind of used to it. (Elena on Myskina)
strato is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2005, 12:35 PM   #43
country flag Dementinator
Captain of the SS Dementieva

Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute
We always have to beware of Lenas early round oppos ,As Lena takes a little while to get gassed up,but this is no Dulko or Linetskaya so she should come thru ,just dont be suprised if its a little tougher than we expect ,i think straight sets something like 6-4 6-3 ,we wait and see..

Once a Lena fan always a Lena fan
Dementinator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2005, 06:11 PM   #44
country flag Ronaldo777

Ronaldo777 is a name known to all Ronaldo777 is a name known to all Ronaldo777 is a name known to all Ronaldo777 is a name known to all Ronaldo777 is a name known to all Ronaldo777 is a name known to all Ronaldo777 is a name known to all Ronaldo777 is a name known to all Ronaldo777 is a name known to all Ronaldo777 is a name known to all Ronaldo777 is a name known to all
strato that is a tough route to win any title.i agree captain that the first match is always hard.a win in 2 i predict 62 61 for elena if she plays good
Old May 20th, 2005, 06:37 PM   #45
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute
The only thing between Lena and at least the quarters is Lena.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote