Lena's Next Opponent... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 24th, 2005, 05:45 PM   #1
country flag PaulHopkins

PaulHopkins has much to be proud of PaulHopkins has much to be proud of PaulHopkins has much to be proud of PaulHopkins has much to be proud of PaulHopkins has much to be proud of PaulHopkins has much to be proud of PaulHopkins has much to be proud of PaulHopkins has much to be proud of PaulHopkins has much to be proud of PaulHopkins has much to be proud of PaulHopkins has much to be proud of
Lena's Next Opponent...

Is Evgenia Linetskaya. I thought Id provide details of the year to date record of all Lena's next opponents Starting with Evgenia Linetskaya...

EVGENIA LINETSKAYA

Gold Coast (Hard)

LOST to Sesil Karatantcheva 1-6 7-5 1-6

Sydney (Hard)

BEAT Marissa Irvin 6-7 6-1 7-6
LOST TO Sanda Mamic 4-6 4-6

Australian Open (Hard)

BEAT Lubomira Kurhajcova 6-4 6-1
BEAT Martina Sucha 6-0 6-2
BEAT Amy Frazier 6-3 6-4
LOST TO Amelie Mauresmo 2-6 4-6

Pattaya City (Hard)

BEAT Tamarine Tanasugarn 2-6 7-5 6-2
BEAT Mara Santangello 3-6 6-2 6-2
BEAT Vera Zvonareva 6-4 6-2
LOST TO Conchita Martinez 2-6 0-4 ret

Memphis (Hard - Indoors)

BEAT Edina Gallovits 6-4 6-3
BEAT Yuka Yoshida 6-2 6-2
BEAT Akiko Morigami 6-2 6-2
LOST TO Vera Zvonareva 4-6 1-6

Indian Wells (Hard)

BEAT Laura Granville 6-2 7-6
BEAT Amelie Mauresmo 2-6 6-2 7-5
LOST TO Kim Clijsters 2-6 1-6

Evgenia Linetskaya has NEVER played Lena.
PaulHopkins is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 24th, 2005, 06:17 PM   #2
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute
Kind of scary that she's split with Momo and Zvonareva.

But I still think Lena should win. She seems happy and confident.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2005, 06:25 PM   #3
country flag Ronaldo777

Ronaldo777 is a name known to all Ronaldo777 is a name known to all Ronaldo777 is a name known to all Ronaldo777 is a name known to all Ronaldo777 is a name known to all Ronaldo777 is a name known to all Ronaldo777 is a name known to all Ronaldo777 is a name known to all Ronaldo777 is a name known to all Ronaldo777 is a name known to all Ronaldo777 is a name known to all
tough player for lena.but imagine linetskaya's fans opinions.''oh shit,not dementieva in the second round.damn.''
Old Mar 24th, 2005, 06:27 PM   #4
country flag Paco

Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute
As we can see Evgenia is very ahrd player. I'm sure that it will not be easy match
Please, don´t smile
I´m paralyzed and you are still alive.
Paco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2005, 07:47 PM   #5
country flag P.L.B.

P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of
She is a very good player but I think Lena must win. I think she must be fully healthy after the last match
P.L.B. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2005, 05:30 AM   #6
country flag Prizeidiot

Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute
Well, by the looks of it, Linetskaya has been gradually improving all year. I didn't think too much of her, until you posted that record. Now I'm a little worried....
Prizeidiot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2005, 04:51 PM   #7
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Linetskaya has moved up from #95 to #37 in less than 3 months.
She was #201 last April.
She moves well, and has power. Lena can attack her serve.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2005, 12:27 AM   #8
country flag Chunchun
Team WTAworld

Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute
"BEAT Amelie Mauresmo 2-6 6-2 7-5"

C'mon Lena!
Old Mar 26th, 2005, 01:58 AM   #9
country flag Lennval

Lennval has a reputation beyond repute Lennval has a reputation beyond repute Lennval has a reputation beyond repute Lennval has a reputation beyond repute Lennval has a reputation beyond repute Lennval has a reputation beyond repute Lennval has a reputation beyond repute Lennval has a reputation beyond repute Lennval has a reputation beyond repute Lennval has a reputation beyond repute Lennval has a reputation beyond repute
come on elena beat her!!!! she should win but it's a huge opponent!!
Lennval is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2005, 10:57 PM   #10
country flag PaulHopkins

PaulHopkins has much to be proud of PaulHopkins has much to be proud of PaulHopkins has much to be proud of PaulHopkins has much to be proud of PaulHopkins has much to be proud of PaulHopkins has much to be proud of PaulHopkins has much to be proud of PaulHopkins has much to be proud of PaulHopkins has much to be proud of PaulHopkins has much to be proud of PaulHopkins has much to be proud of
Lena's next opponent is Magdalena Maleeva... Her Year to Date record is...

MAGDALENA MALEEVA

Gold Coast (Hard)

BEAT Yuliana Fedak 6-4 6-1
BEAT Klara Koukalova 7-5 6-2
LOST TO Samantha Stosur 6-2 3-6 4-6

Sydney (Hard)

BEAT Sophie Ferguson 6-7 6-2 6-2
LOST TO Patty Schnyder 4-6 2-6

Australian Open (Hard)

BEAT Magui Serena 6-1 6-1
BEAT Alina Jidkova 6-4 7-5
LOST TO Nadia Petrova 4-6 4-6

Paris (Carpet - Indoors)

BEAT Claudine Schaul 7-6 7-6
BEAT Jelena Jankovic 6-4 6-0
LOST TO Amelie Mauresmo 2-6 6-7

Antwerp (Carpet - Indoors)

BEAT Tathiana Garbin 6-4 6-4
LOST TO Alicia Molik 6-4 2-6 6-7

Doha (Hard)

LOST TO Daniela Hantuchova 6-4 4-6 3-6

Dubai (Hard)

LOST TO Patty Schnyder 6-7 2-6
Old Mar 26th, 2005, 11:20 PM   #11
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute
I like both of them very much. And Luis will think the same. His edge to Elena, my edge to Maggie.
Will be damn close.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2005, 11:58 PM   #12
country flag Chunchun
Team WTAworld

Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulHopkins

Australian Open (Hard)

BEAT Magui Serena 6-1 6-1

anyway Maggie seems doing well this year, the only thing is she doesn't get a good draw

Go LenaD!
Old Mar 27th, 2005, 07:54 AM   #13
country flag Prizeidiot

Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute
Well, by the looks of it, Magdalena has been consistent. No bad losses there. I think Elena should be able to handle her though. She looks to be struggling against the top players at this point, although she took a set of Alicia recently, so Elena should be careful.
Prizeidiot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2005, 03:05 PM   #14
country flag Shoulderpova
Team WTAworld

Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute
What is H2H record between Lena and Maggie?
Shoulderpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2005, 06:59 PM   #15
country flag P.L.B.

P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of P.L.B. has much to be proud of
Head to head Lena is losing 2-1:

2001 CARPET (I) R16 winner: M. MALEEVA 2-6 6-0 6-3
2001 CARPET (I) Q winner: M. MALEEVA 6-3 6-3
2002 GRASS (O) Q winner: E. DEMENTIEVA 6-2 0-6 6-1

But now she is winning 6-3 2-0. It loos good
P.L.B. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote