Day 1 Report - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 12:12 AM   #1
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute
Day 1 Report

for info about the croats, go here: http://wtaworld.com/showthread.php?p...12#post5108912 (i saw and talked to k-lina )

other matches:
Salerni vs. Kremer: saw about 3 games late in the first set and 2 games in the middle of the third. Anne just didn't show up today. At times, she played some great defense and she won some nice points up at net, but, all in all, she played much worse than the last time i saw her here last year vs. kuznetsova. Salerni as solid off the ground, but really didn't have to do much to win this one.

Bohmova vs. Sfar: honestly, Sfar played a pretty decent match, she lost because she couldn't put points away that she had constructed perfectly. I have never seen a player miss so many easy shots in my life. Bohmova hit some really nice passing shots in this match.

Kloesel vs. Kurhajcova: kinda saw this match cause it was right next to the mamic match. very, very, (very) long rallies. Kurhajcova lost it mentally after the first set tiebreak and really didn't threaten kloesel in the last two sets.

Draw Ceremony. First of all, it was so boring. Svetlana Kuznetsova and Joachim Johansson were the player reps and they both gave themselves bad draws. First and last time i'm going to watch a draw ceremony lol

Men's matches

Salzenstein vs. Gambill: went just to see if the Gambill really is hitting one handed forehands and he is (about every 3rd or 4rth shot). but, to put it bluntly, he really shouldn't. his one handed forehand lacks spin and lands short in the court. he also doesn't think through points at all and tries to go for winners from way behind the baseline. very poor play from both players in this match.

Bracciali vs. G. Lapentti: Lapentti started well, but his shoulder started to hurt him towards the end of the first set and he just tanked the three games he played in the second.

Players practicing:
K-LINA and random hitting partner (who she was crushing)
Lindsay Lee-Waters (met her husband and child, she also seemed really nice) and Els Callens (also really nice)
Dent (who was getting beaten in rallies by a guy on UM's college team )
Nadal (who needs to stop wearing capris)

And that's it for Day 1. Probably not going tomorrow, but I'm going all day Wednesday and Friday for sure

P.S. K-lina hits so hard and she played amazing in practice, just has to bring that game to the court with her
Advertisement

Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 12:30 AM   #2
country flag rated_next

rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute
thanks
rated_next is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 12:40 AM   #3
country flag Shooter

Shooter has a brilliant future Shooter has a brilliant future Shooter has a brilliant future Shooter has a brilliant future Shooter has a brilliant future Shooter has a brilliant future Shooter has a brilliant future Shooter has a brilliant future Shooter has a brilliant future Shooter has a brilliant future Shooter has a brilliant future
Nice Report - Thanks

Hey croat123 -

Agree with you about draw ceremonies. They are boring and last a long time.

Saw Salerni play in Indian Wells. She looked pretty good. Not surprised she beat Kremer.

Keep those reports coming.

Thanks.
Shooter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 12:57 AM   #4
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute
Also saw the second set and the start of the third set of fedak vs. lous tio (spl). fedak was just out of it, hitting tons of unforced errors and tio was mixing it up a lot and hitting tons of drop shots (nearly all winners). lous tio was up a break in the third when i left to watch talaja and i see that fedak ended up winning in a third set tb so she must have started playing better. she remained very positive throughout the part of the match that i saw, even tho she was losing
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 04:33 AM   #5
country flag Mr_Molik

Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute
anyone see evie dominikovic, pete luczak or todd reid?

Sophie Ferguson ~ Casey Dellacqua ~ Samantha Stosur ~ Jessica Moore ~ Christina Wheeler ~ Monique Adamczak ~
Mr_Molik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 04:38 AM   #6
country flag shnit.

shnit. has a reputation beyond repute shnit. has a reputation beyond repute shnit. has a reputation beyond repute shnit. has a reputation beyond repute shnit. has a reputation beyond repute shnit. has a reputation beyond repute shnit. has a reputation beyond repute shnit. has a reputation beyond repute shnit. has a reputation beyond repute shnit. has a reputation beyond repute shnit. has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the report.

Seen Hantuchova?

shnit. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 07:41 AM   #7
country flag CooCooCachoo
Team WTAworld

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks

It's Pous Tio by the way

Bemelmans|Camerin|Cornet|Crivoi|Cuevas|Dentoni|Dod ig|Garbin|Granollers
Hlavackova|Ilhan|Kohli|Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino| Menendez|Phau|Polansky
Rezaï|Robredo|Roger-Vasselin|Srebotnik|Szavay|Wörle|Zverev

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote