Fed Cup - VERY bad news - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 12th, 2005, 12:14 PM   #1
country flag Joana

Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute
Fed Cup - VERY bad news

Fed Cup is getting closer, and the situation with our team is not good, to say the least.
Ana Ivanovic announced she won't be playing, as she wasn't contacted by Serbian Tennis Federation. They haven't called her nor got in touch with her. NOT ONCE!!!! So the way it is now, she won't be playing.
Jelena Jankovic already said she was extemely upset about the way the team captain was chosen, because not only did nobody ask her for her opinion, but also she wasn't even told who is chosen. She read it in the papers. In her own words, she'll think long and hard before accepting to play.
Jelena Dokic is apparently MIA. No one knows what's going on with her and it's very unlikely that she'll play.

That is outrageous. WHO are they going to select then????
Joana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 12th, 2005, 12:41 PM   #2
country flag alibaby

alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future alibaby has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joana
Fed Cup is getting closer, and the situation with our team is not good, to say the least.
Ana Ivanovic announced she won't be playing, as she wasn't contacted by Serbian Tennis Federation. They haven't called her nor got in touch with her. NOT ONCE!!!! So the way it is now, she won't be playing.
Jelena Jankovic already said she was extemely upset about the way the team captain was chosen, because not only did nobody ask her for her opinion, but also she wasn't even told who is chosen. She read it in the papers. In her own words, she'll think long and hard before accepting to play.
Jelena Dokic is apparently MIA. No one knows what's going on with her and it's very unlikely that she'll play.

That is outrageous. WHO are they going to select then????
im sorry for your country,joana..does not sound good!!especially,as my sympathy for ana and jelena is growing more and more!!2 lovely girls,really!!i hope,for you,and for them,its getting better with your fed cup team!!
alibaby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2005, 02:27 PM   #3
country flag vutt
Team WTAworld

vutt has disabled reputation
I wonder Joana if you had read this recent Dokic interview where she reflected issues related FedCup team.

Quote:
Our Fed Cup team could be really strong. How do you view your role in our national team ?

It could be but... last year there were a lot of problems with the Fed Cup, our selector, relations with our federation. As far as I know Ana has decided not play this year and I think Jelena (Jankovic) might pull out also but I don't know, maybe... If all three of us played we would have a great team however if one of the two doesn't play we're in trouble. I maintain that the real root of the problem lies with our federation. They should have organized a sit down with all of us at the start of the season to outline what our goals and strategies are for the Fed Cup. I get the impression that no one in Tennis Serbia cares about us. What's so difficult about all of us sitting around a table to agree on the team so that we can all play for our country as ONE. I know we're not the only country that has difficulties getting the top players to commit for the Fed Cup but that's not an excuse. We had plenty of time to solve this but haven't. I've hardly ever had a meeting with anyone from our federation. My decision to play Fed Cup last year was my own. No one else's. I wasn't persuaded by anyone and never received an official request from the federation. It cannot continue like this. There has to be communication. I don't think the right people are at the helm and I don't fully know all the names of the people that are running our federation.

(When Sportska Centrala reveals that Tatjana Jecmenica was recently elected as the selector of the womens team, Jelena rolls her eyes like we didn't even mention the name of the new selector)

Nevertheless when you play in future Fed Cup ties it will be for Serbia ?

Definitely, yes! I played Fed Cup last year for us and I play with our flag. There are no dilemmas with regard to this. But participating in the Fed Cup is not going to happen this year so that will have to wait. Next year if the federation makes the right moves then we'll have a real team that will be one of the best in the world.
source: http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php...4&postcount=16
vutt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2005, 10:59 PM   #4
country flag ivanovic

ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of
ana and jj must play
that is so sad, really
ivanovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 03:25 AM   #5
country flag !!!--Duiz™--!!!
Team WTAworld

!!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute !!!--Duiz™--!!! has a reputation beyond repute
Ana...

Supernova Sharapova

0009..Eternal Follower of Golden Girl
The Official Violin Player in Kirlenko's Orchestra
!!!--Duiz™--!!! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 09:39 AM   #6
country flag Joana

Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute
It's official, Jankovic will skip Fed Cup this year.
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 11:55 AM   #7
country flag daniela86

daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute
Shame on our federation Jelena Jankovic had played for our country for years and they didn't even tell her who is the new captain It isn't surprising she decided not to play.
And about ana ivanovic it's just unbelievable they didn't ask her to play We could have a great team and our federation wasted all our chances to qualify for the world group so sad!
They should have consulted all our players and decided together who would be the captain, like they did for Davis Cup
Btw, i'm happy Dokic decided to play but i think her presence won't help us a lot.
Kerber~~Voegele~~Jankovic~~Zvonareva~~Karolina and Krystina Pliskova
daniela86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 01:01 PM   #8
country flag ©@®eLess

©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute
So it's all up to Lukic and Timotic/Zaric team. We will get relegated to second zone . They all have pretty bad results so far. Maybe Krstajic will play?

Jankovic suffers from severe Chinese syndrome! Only God can help her!
©@®eLess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 01:29 PM   #9
country flag Joana

These are the players who can be selected: Ana Timotic, Danica Krstajic, Dragana Zaric, Ana Jovanovic, Katarina Misic, Vojislava Lukic, Teodora Mircic, Andrea Popovic and Vanja Corovic. All of them have had horrible results in 2005 so far.
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 05:19 AM   #10
country flag rada

rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute
well thats bad news for serbian tennis as we have to top 50 player's
i think the team will be
Ana Timotic
Dragana Zaric
Danica Krstajic
thats going by rank but i think the team should be zaric, krstajic and Mircic they are the beeter players i think.

Good luck Jovana Jaksic, Sabine Lisick, and flavia pennetta

Monica Seles the real number one always
Good luck to all the Aussie girls Oi Oi Oi
rada is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 07:36 AM   #11
country flag ivanovic

ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of ivanovic has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by rada
well thats bad news for serbian tennis as we have to top 50 player's
i think the team will be
Ana Timotic
Dragana Zaric
Danica Krstajic
thats going by rank but i think the team should be zaric, krstajic and Mircic they are the beeter players i think.
A well, with this team we just might be able to beat Azerbejan or maybe even Trinidad&Tobago.
ivanovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 04:10 PM   #12
country flag **Jelica**

**Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future
Oh no..it's such a shame when we could have such a good team this year! What are they doing? I really don't see why they didn't contact Ivanovic, and why do they offend Jeca who has always been so good playing in the Fed Cup even when it wasn't in her interests to do so! I think it's so unfair on Jeca and Ana, cos I'm sure both of them would have liked to have the chance to play for their country, but now in Ana's case they've completely snubbed her and they behave really unfair to Jelena..I find it very strange
Well if I was selecting not (which I'm not, lol) I'd definetely give players like Tea Mircic and Danica Krstajic the chance not stick with Titomic and players like that, cos then at least this gives these girls the experience for the future. But I think it's so sad...this one year when Serbia has such a good chance to get promotied it looks like they will more likely be relegated..
Does anyone know the situation with Dokic? Cos I heard she said she have intention to play but no one seems to think is likely she would

Btw, I meant to ask this before but I forgot: you guys don't mind that I write on this forum do you? Cos I'm worried that maybe ppl find me annoying and stuff. I'm sorry if u find that I'm annoying or if u don't like my opinions

ALLEZ JUSTINE!

Јелена Јанковић Keep it going!
**Jelica** is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 05:26 PM   #13
country flag Joana

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelena_JuJufan
Btw, I meant to ask this before but I forgot: you guys don't mind that I write on this forum do you? Cos I'm worried that maybe ppl find me annoying and stuff. I'm sorry if u find that I'm annoying or if u don't like my opinions
Good heavens, no!
Why would anyone possibly think so? Your comments are appreciated just as much as everybody else's. So, keep on posting!
And you need to have more self confidence.
Old Mar 16th, 2005, 12:52 PM   #14
country flag rada

rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute
what shits me is the player's wanting to be called jelena jankovic and ana ivanovic are top 50 they should know already they are in the team you can't have them beg you,if they can see that its not going so well with the tennis federation stand up your self and make a differnce if there not going to do it who will?

Good luck Jovana Jaksic, Sabine Lisick, and flavia pennetta

Monica Seles the real number one always
Good luck to all the Aussie girls Oi Oi Oi
rada is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2005, 02:08 PM   #15
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelena_JuJufan
Why would you think that? I would say nobody's annoying except for the trolls.