Virginia Wade or Sue Barker? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Virginia or Sue?

Virginia Wade 16 42.11%
Sue Barker 11 28.95%
Camilla Parker Bowles played Charles quite well 7 18.42%
Other 4 10.53%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 16th, 2005, 04:17 PM   #1
country flag SelesFan70

SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute
Virginia Wade or Sue Barker?

Who's the better British player?

Liberals: Hard on the unborn, soft on terrorists

Man-made climate change is a LIE

COUNTDOWN!
SelesFan70 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 16th, 2005, 04:44 PM   #2
country flag alfajeffster

alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute
You might want to add a few more choices, like Ann Haydon Jones, Christine Truman, Jo Durie and Angela Mortimer to the mix to make this more competitive. If you keep it this way, you're asking for a Cliff Richards solo for lunchtime, and I don't think anybody (except maybe Pammy) could stomach that...
Old Feb 16th, 2005, 04:50 PM   #3
country flag SelesFan70

SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfajeffster
You might want to add a few more choices, like Ann Haydon Jones, Christine Truman, Jo Durie and Angela Mortimer to the mix to make this more competitive. If you keep it this way, you're asking for a Cliff Richards solo for lunchtime, and I don't think anybody (except maybe Pammy) could stomach that...
Yeah, I forgot all those names AND Annabelle Croft! I don't know how to edit a poll.

Liberals: Hard on the unborn, soft on terrorists

Man-made climate change is a LIE

COUNTDOWN!
SelesFan70 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2005, 04:54 PM   #4
country flag LiliaLee-Frazier

LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of
Question

When did SUE get a divorce from BOB BARKER?
LiliaLee-Frazier is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2005, 05:34 PM   #5
country flag tom2791

tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all
Sue!
tom2791 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2005, 06:09 PM   #6
Virginia Wade

Virginia Wade is a name known to all Virginia Wade is a name known to all Virginia Wade is a name known to all Virginia Wade is a name known to all Virginia Wade is a name known to all Virginia Wade is a name known to all Virginia Wade is a name known to all Virginia Wade is a name known to all Virginia Wade is a name known to all Virginia Wade is a name known to all Virginia Wade is a name known to all
Ooo at last a thread involving moi, HRH Lady Virginia of Wade. The answer is easy peasy, tis me - I am the greatest south african British player ever. In fact, forget the tennis player part, for I am the greatest Brit full stop.

Suzy is a nice lass, but the only thing she'll win now is the "Best Fake Tan" award at Butlins.
Old Feb 16th, 2005, 06:10 PM   #7
country flag Declan

Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of
Don't forget Monique Javer. Or Corinne Molesworth. Or even Linda Geeves.....
Declan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 05:43 PM   #8
country flag Belgium = Best

Belgium = Best has much to be proud of Belgium = Best has much to be proud of Belgium = Best has much to be proud of Belgium = Best has much to be proud of Belgium = Best has much to be proud of Belgium = Best has much to be proud of Belgium = Best has much to be proud of Belgium = Best has much to be proud of Belgium = Best has much to be proud of Belgium = Best has much to be proud of Belgium = Best has much to be proud of
Sue Barker

Sandrine Van Handenhoven

Go to www.sandrinesite.tk

Belgium = Best is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 07:18 PM   #9
Jem

Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future
Is this serious or in jest? Wade has a U.S., Australian, Wimbledon and countless other titles to her credit. Sue has a French Open title against a very weak field. Wade has longevity at the top, plus a fair amount of consistency. Sue has a few good years, plus an occasional big win. Of course, I'm guessing Barker leads in their head to head (I seem to remember she beat Wade countless times in 77 before Virginia won Wimbledon). And I know Barker was a beauty -- and still is. Still, in terms of accomplishments on the tennis court, I think Wade wins hands down!
Jem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 08:37 PM   #10
Virginia Wade

Virginia Wade is a name known to all Virginia Wade is a name known to all Virginia Wade is a name known to all Virginia Wade is a name known to all Virginia Wade is a name known to all Virginia Wade is a name known to all Virginia Wade is a name known to all Virginia Wade is a name known to all Virginia Wade is a name known to all Virginia Wade is a name known to all Virginia Wade is a name known to all
I will be remembered for all eternity. My pink cardigan is engraved into the history books, while I am afraid Susan's name will fade in time - like her fake tan. Sorry Suzy!
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 08:39 PM   #11
CliffRichard

CliffRichard is just really nice CliffRichard is just really nice CliffRichard is just really nice CliffRichard is just really nice CliffRichard is just really nice CliffRichard is just really nice CliffRichard is just really nice CliffRichard is just really nice CliffRichard is just really nice CliffRichard is just really nice CliffRichard is just really nice
SUE!

Suuuuu-zeeeey time,
Strawberries and wine,
Children singing 'Chris Evert smells' rhyme....
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 09:52 PM   #12
country flag Declan

Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem
Is this serious or in jest? Wade has a U.S., Australian, Wimbledon and countless other titles to her credit. Sue has a French Open title against a very weak field. Wade has longevity at the top, plus a fair amount of consistency. Sue has a few good years, plus an occasional big win. Of course, I'm guessing Barker leads in their head to head (I seem to remember she beat Wade countless times in 77 before Virginia won Wimbledon). And I know Barker was a beauty -- and still is. Still, in terms of accomplishments on the tennis court, I think Wade wins hands down!
I think Virginia's final head-to-head against Sue Barker was actually 7-6. It was 3-2 to Sue in 1977, but one of her wins came with a Wade retirement. Virginia won their last-ever match in early 1980 by 6-3 6-0!!
Declan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 09:56 PM   #13
country flag tennislover

tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia Wade
Ooo at last a thread involving moi, HRH Lady Virginia of Wade. The answer is easy peasy, tis me - I am the greatest south african British player ever. In fact, forget the tennis player part, for I am the greatest Brit full stop.

Suzy is a nice lass, but the only thing she'll win now is the "Best Fake Tan" award at Butlins.

Martina Navratilova

Most career titles (singles+doubles):Navratilova
Most Wimbledon singles titles: Navratilova
Most Wimbledon singles and doubles titles: Navratilova
Most WTA Tour Championship singles titles: Navratilova
Most WTA Tour Championship doubles titles: Navratilova
tennislover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 09:57 PM   #14
country flag tennislover

tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-online
Virginia did win the Centarian so she will be remembered forever.

Sue will be remembed for dating Cliff Richard and presenting Question of Sport.

Depends how you see greatness.

Martina Navratilova

Most career titles (singles+doubles):Navratilova
Most Wimbledon singles titles: Navratilova
Most Wimbledon singles and doubles titles: Navratilova
Most WTA Tour Championship singles titles: Navratilova
Most WTA Tour Championship doubles titles: Navratilova
tennislover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 10:42 PM   #15
country flag Gallofa
Diosa Contable

Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future
Virginia Wade all the way!

Gallofa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote