Bibiane Weijers - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 1st, 2005, 10:41 AM   #121
country flag SilK

SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute
Bibi wint!
SilK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 1st, 2005, 10:42 AM   #122
country flag chantie

chantie is a splendid one to behold chantie is a splendid one to behold chantie is a splendid one to behold chantie is a splendid one to behold chantie is a splendid one to behold chantie is a splendid one to behold chantie is a splendid one to behold chantie is a splendid one to behold chantie is a splendid one to behold chantie is a splendid one to behold chantie is a splendid one to behold
En Bibi wint met 6-4 en 7-6 (5)
chantie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 10:44 AM   #123
country flag grmbl

grmbl has disabled reputation
Dan moet je wel uit heel goed hout gesneden zijn om die tie-break dan toch nog te winnen!! Wat knap! Het kan ook verkeerd lopen; zie morita (bijna) en wozniacki.

Olga was vorig toch wel één van de grote in het juniorencircuit. Echt een petje af!

Old Jun 1st, 2005, 10:46 AM   #124
country flag jtammer

jtammer has much to be proud of jtammer has much to be proud of jtammer has much to be proud of jtammer has much to be proud of jtammer has much to be proud of jtammer has much to be proud of jtammer has much to be proud of jtammer has much to be proud of jtammer has much to be proud of jtammer has much to be proud of jtammer has much to be proud of
Ze speelt nu in de Kwartfinale tegen Morita!
Morita versloeg Makarova (6)
jtammer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 10:48 AM   #125
country flag chantie

chantie is a splendid one to behold chantie is a splendid one to behold chantie is a splendid one to behold chantie is a splendid one to behold chantie is a splendid one to behold chantie is a splendid one to behold chantie is a splendid one to behold chantie is a splendid one to behold chantie is a splendid one to behold chantie is a splendid one to behold chantie is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtammer
Ze speelt nu in de Kwartfinale tegen Morita!
Morita versloeg Makarova (6)
Moet te doen zijn!!
Ze heeft een grote kans de halve finale te halen!!!!
Go Bibi!!
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 10:48 AM   #126
country flag grmbl

Kirkland and Young upset at Roland Garros

www.itjuniors.com

Tuesday proved to be a bleak day for American players in the junior events at Roland Garros as both Jessica Kirkland and Donald Young were knocked out in the second round. Kirkland, who was top seed in the girls’ draw, lost a marathon 6-7, 6-1, 9-7 to Bibiane Schoofs of the Netherlands while 15-year-old Young, who went out in the first round at Roland Garros last year, lost 4-6, 6-2, 6-2 to Ukraine’s Alexandr Dolgopolov.

After racing to an early lead against Kirkland, Schoofs had to overcome a bad bout of nerves but, cheered on by a noisy collection of Dutch supporters, she managed to edge the American out to record the biggest win of her junior career. “It wasn’t a small court and there were lots of Dutch fans there and they really, really helped me,” she said. “I knew she was beatable, especially on clay but staying calm was the biggest problem for me. Normally I manage to play my game even when I’m nervous but today it was very tough and there were times where I just couldn’t move. In the end I just told myself she was the top seed and the pressure was on her and I found a way to get through it.”

The 17-year-old from Rhenen , in the Netherlands, has had to come through far worse in her junior career. This time last year she was on her sickbed with a bout of glandular fever and just when she was recovering and hoping to play the junior event at Wimbledon, she was stricken by an ankle injury.

“I’ve had a lot of injuries so I know how to cope with things,” she said. “I’m kind of used to it now. When you go through tough times it definitely makes you appreciate it when you have good results.”

In a bad days for the seeds, number two seed and reigning Australian Open champion also saw her chances of securing a second consecutive Grand Slam disappear in a tight match against Russia’s Alisa Kleybanova which ended in the Russian’s favour 76(7) 46 86.

Last year’s finalist, Madalina Gojnea, seeded 15th this year, also knows a thing or two about difficult times. After being runner-up at Roland Garros to Sesil Karatancheva, the Romanian was nearly forced to give up tennis altogether when her family was no longer able to fund her development.

“I lived with my brother in Bucharest but when he moved to London I had nowhere to live and no money,” said Gojnea, who beat Kristina Antoniychuk of Ukraine in the second round on Tuesday. “I was just about to quit tennis when an investor from the Tennis 2000 Club in Bucharest said he would help me. It meant a lot to me that someone believed in me like that. I don’t know what I would have done without tennis. Some of my friends say ‘don’t go to practice, come out with us’ but I wonder what girls my age do without tennis. I know I have a purpose in life.”

While Young’s defeat sent shock waves through the boys’ draw, there were no such problems for the tournament’s top seed, Great Britain’s Andrew Murray, who shook off the stomach upset that was troubling him earlier in the tournament to beat Italy’s Gianluca Naso 6-2. 6-2 and move through to the quarter-finals.

“I wasn’t feeling bad at all today and from the first point I was really pumped up. I knew the guy I was playing was good and that I’d have to play well and that’s what I did,” said the reigning US Open champion.

“I’m number one seed here but I don’t think the seeding makes much difference because you still have to win your matches whether you are seeded or not. I’ve got a tough match to come through in the next round and it’s all about getting through that now.”

That last eight clash will be against Argentina’s Juan Martin Del Potro, who beat Russian Alexandre Krasnoroutsky 6-1, 6-4. “It’s going to be very, very difficult against Murray but I’ll try my best,” said Del Potro. “I have to tell myself that he is the top seed and take advantage of the fact that the pressure is on him and not me.”

In other results, Romanian seeds Alexandra Dulgheru of Romania, seeded ninth and seventh seed Monica Nicolescu were both knocked out, as was third seed Yung Jan Chan. In the boys’ competition, tenth seed Jeremy Chardy of France was beaten by Antal Van Der Duim of the Netherlands.
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 10:51 AM   #127
country flag grmbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by chantie
Moet te doen zijn!!
Ze heeft een grote kans de halve finale te halen!!!!
Go Bibi!!
Ik hoop het.. Maar Morita is geen kleintje. Net 14 geworden en de nr. 388 van de wereld. Haalde vorige week de finale van de Astrid Bowl en haalde begin mei een finale van een 50K. Maargoed, Bibi heeft toch al twee grote speelsters verslagen dit toernooi, dus deze kan er ook nog wel bij.
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 10:59 AM   #128
country flag GertAlert

GertAlert is a splendid one to behold GertAlert is a splendid one to behold GertAlert is a splendid one to behold GertAlert is a splendid one to behold GertAlert is a splendid one to behold GertAlert is a splendid one to behold GertAlert is a splendid one to behold GertAlert is a splendid one to behold GertAlert is a splendid one to behold GertAlert is a splendid one to behold GertAlert is a splendid one to behold
Bibiane!
Veel succes in de volgende wedstrijd!

Michaëlla Krajicek: 3 WTA Titles Won

2006 's-Hertogenbosch - 2006 Hobart - 2005 Tashkent
GertAlert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 11:12 AM   #129
country flag Jodie

Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute
Knap

Friendship is when people know all about you
but like you anyway
Jodie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 01:13 PM   #130
country flag ..ikke..

..ikke.. has much to be proud of ..ikke.. has much to be proud of ..ikke.. has much to be proud of ..ikke.. has much to be proud of ..ikke.. has much to be proud of ..ikke.. has much to be proud of ..ikke.. has much to be proud of ..ikke.. has much to be proud of ..ikke.. has much to be proud of ..ikke.. has much to be proud of ..ikke.. has much to be proud of
Goed gedaan Bibi
Succes in de kwartfinale

Also good luck to: Jankovic, Henin, Ivanovic and the Dutch players

PSV Eindhoven
..ikke.. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 02:09 PM   #131
country flag singoerni

singoerni is just really nice singoerni is just really nice singoerni is just really nice singoerni is just really nice singoerni is just really nice singoerni is just really nice singoerni is just really nice singoerni is just really nice singoerni is just really nice singoerni is just really nice singoerni is just really nice
Jammer dat er in het AD stond dat Kirkland last had van een enkelblessure, anders had Bibi ook gewonnen

Michaella Kraijcek, Elise Tamaela, Kim Clijsters, Justin Henin-Hardenne
singoerni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2005, 06:00 AM   #132
country flag Gerben

Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of Gerben has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by -wokkel-
Ik hoop het.. Maar Morita is geen kleintje. Net 14 geworden en de nr. 388 van de wereld. Haalde vorige week de finale van de Astrid Bowl en haalde begin mei een finale van een 50K. Maargoed, Bibi heeft toch al twee grote speelsters verslagen dit toernooi, dus deze kan er ook nog wel bij.
Kleine correctie: volgens de ITF website is ze geboren op 11 maart 1990 en is ze dus net 15 geworden.
Maar inderdaad, haar recente resultaten geven aan dat ze goed bezig is. Ze is inmiddels nummer 23 van de ITF junioren ranglijst.
Gerben is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2005, 09:31 AM   #133
country flag grmbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerben
Kleine correctie: volgens de ITF website is ze geboren op 11 maart 1990 en is ze dus net 15 geworden.
Maar inderdaad, haar recente resultaten geven aan dat ze goed bezig is. Ze is inmiddels nummer 23 van de ITF junioren ranglijst.
Ja 15.. Die 4 zit ook zo verdomt dicht bij die 5.. Maar goed.. Het gaat heel pittig worden. Morita slaat net als alle jonge japanse meisjes hééél hard.. (zegt Bibi zelf)
Old Jun 2nd, 2005, 09:39 AM   #134
country flag grmbl

Hier een foto van Bibi op RG:

Old Jun 2nd, 2005, 10:14 AM   #135
country flag chantie

De partij van Bibi is begonnen en ze breekt haar tegenstandster gelijk al in de opening game!!!

Bibi*1-0!!!