Mi-ra Jeon Cheering Thread - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 12:29 AM   #91
Eric_tennis

Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light
Hi, all~~

Mi-ra left a message on her fan page after the 1st rd match.

She said she is happier about the victory because her condition was not good. She is saying she is still in mini-slump, but this kind of victory would be helpful to get her back to on track. ( I think so. )
She said, she was so nervous in the 1st set, so couldn't move well and watch the ball well,.. but in the 2nd set, she tried to concentrate and calm down herself,... and it worked well.

And another good thing is there are many Korean restaurant & Korean cyber cafe,.. so she has no food problem for this tournament and can access internet easily.

Lastly, she asked fan's support for her 2nd round match.

Go, Mi-ra!
Eric_tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 12:35 AM   #92
country flag Steveg
Team WTAworld

Steveg has disabled reputation
Thanks for the news Eric ,

I hope her condition will improve for today's match.

Good to hear that she can connect nearly everywhere; it will be easier to know if she intends to go to the Asian Championships .

2nd round : I can still support her . Good luck to her .
Steveg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 07:23 AM   #93
country flag V.Melb

V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute
Thats really great to know she is comfortable at the moment. despite not being in good form.
But why is there a food problem if there is no korean food? i don't understand?

Lets hope she can win her next match.
V.Melb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 08:46 AM   #94
Eric_tennis

Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by V.Melb
But why is there a food problem if there is no korean food? i don't understand?
Hi, V.Melb.

Thanks for your support for Mi-ra.

Whenever she stays in a foreign country, she always has that food problem like many other Koreans.
Cause Korean food are very different from western food and other Asian food,... so she can last 2 or 3 days without Korean food,... but more than a week? No way!

She mentioned on her fan page that she lost her appetite totally in US circuit last year, so she said she barely moved on the court.
The same thing has been happened so many(almost) Korean atheletes in foreign countries,.... the most recent gossip on that matter was about Korean World cup soccer star, Jung-hwan Ahn. He was severely critisized by his Italian soccer club Perugia's (spell?) owner that he doesn't eat Italian food and always travel to buy Korean food for another city.

I guess it is quite difficult to change one's appetite for food in several years.

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 08:55 AM   #95
Eric_tennis

Quote:
Originally posted by Steveg
Good to hear that she can connect nearly everywhere; it will be easier to know if she intends to go to the Asian Championships .

2nd round : I can still support her . Good luck to her .
Hi, Steveg

I ask my friend to post a message on her fan page regarding that matter. And I verified that he posted it. (Only members are allowed to post a message. )
So, I'll let you know as soon as Mi-ra answers that question.

As for Jie,... I really hope she advances to final round in quali. It's good to see another good player in GS or tour event from China.
But, when against Mi-ra,.........

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 09:01 AM   #96
country flag Steveg
Team WTAworld

Thanks a lot Eric. I do hope to see her again in Tashkent .

If both win their Q2 match, I'll be supporting both of them (but Jie a bit more though ).

Meanwhile, all the best to both of them in their coming match .

BTW, isn't it possible for players to bring some Korean canned food with them? Iknow a few Vietnamese do it when they go studying overseas (even if they can find some Vietnamese shops in other countries. Never tastes quite the same ).

I think this is actually the case in several Asian countries if not mistaken.
Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 10:41 PM   #97
country flag V.Melb

V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute
Well. Eric, Steve, Danker.
Mi-Ra has now made main draw of us open by defeating Kucova in two easy sets.
Mi-Ra keep it up! go for it now! and congrats!
She must be thrilled.
Eric, maybe it is the korean food.

Lets see How Mi-Ra's draw is.... this could be the start of a huge confidence boost for her.
Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 11:51 PM   #98
Eric_tennis

Mi-ra advances to US open maindraw for the 1st time!

Finally, her hard work paid off! Congratulations, Mi-ra!~ You did a great job. And you proved your critics wrong since your comeback from retirement.

And thank you all guys here!!! Mi-ra will really appreciated it.

V.Melb : You should be right! There are big Korean community near the US open venue,... so she's been energized by Korean food! And she must be thrilled like you said,...so she forgot to write a message on her fan page.

Steveg : I think canned food wouldn't be much of help for her. Because, most Korean food lose their genuine taste when they get canned or packed.
I feel sorry about Jie,... she made a good win against Vannesa. Hopefully, Jie and Mi-ra meet in the US open next year,... But not in the qualy,.. I mean ... in the maindraw next year.

BTW,.... where's danker? Maybe,.. in summer vacation? He should be happy for Mi-ra, I think.

Go, Mi-ra in the maindraw!
Old Aug 24th, 2002, 07:39 AM   #99
country flag V.Melb

After what you said about Mi-Ra being so emotional. I hope she can beat Ai.
I had no Idea that Mi-Ra actually retired at some stage.
Also Mi-Ra will get a nice lot of points after this so her ranking should improve regardless.

I hope it only gets better for Mi-Ra and she gets in that top 100.... somewhere she should have been a long time ago.
Old Aug 24th, 2002, 04:24 PM   #100
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future
Congrats to Mi-Ra!!!

I followed the scores last night and Mi-Ra really didn't let Kucova get into the match until 5-0 in the 2nd set. Mi-Ra had 3 MPs, but lost all of them and Kucova finally got a game. I was very relieved when Mi-Ra served it out at 5-1.

However, my joy was shortlived when I found out this morning that she'll be playing Ai in the 1st rd.
I knew something like this was going to happen.
Anyway, Mi-Ra has nothing to lose. I just hope she won't be too nervous and try her best. I'll be happy for whoever does win.

I'm just incredibly happy for her after all she's been through. She truly deserves this, and I hope she enjoys every single moment of playing in a GS maindraw.

BTW, I had a lot of trouble connecting to the site the last couple of days, that's why you didn't hear from me.
Rising Sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2002, 12:44 AM   #101
Eric_tennis

Hi, all~

danker : I knew it! You must have followed the scores~~.

V.Melb : I hope so. I think Mi-ra has a good chance to break into top 100 by the end of this year.

Steveg : Mi-ra answered your question about the Asian Championship. She said on her fan page that "Nothing is determined yet, so we'll see." But I sensed that she would enter if she stays healthy.
Old Aug 26th, 2002, 01:15 AM   #102
country flag Steveg
Team WTAworld

Thanks for the news, Eric . We'll see...

Mi-Ra made it to the 2nd round of the "Sanex Hero of the year" vote .

Eric, Martina Hingis is far ahead in the votes; she doesn't need additional support at the moment .

And Mi-Ra has only one vote for the time being : mine .
Old Aug 26th, 2002, 02:57 AM   #103
country flag brunof

brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future
I was so thrilled to watch Mi-Ra push the Q and make it into the maindraw, but soooo sad that she has to face a red hot Ai Sugiyama, which leaves one packing...( Both are so worthy.) Best of luck Mi-Ra!
Go Anne Keothavong, Akgul Amanmuradova, Samantha Stosur, Na Li, Liga Dekmeijere, Tamarine Tanasugarn ,Jill Craybas, Daniela Hantuchova, Natalie Grandin, Kimiko Date-Krumm, Elena Baltacha, Melanie South, Dominika Cibulkova, Caroline Wozniacki, Jie Zheng, Andrea Petkovic, Elena Dementieva, Jelena Jankovic
brunof is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2002, 04:15 PM   #104
Eric_tennis

Mi-ra~~~ Fight!!

Oh, no, Mi-ra is losing break point.... 2 all in 2nd set.

Fight, Mi-ra!
Old Aug 27th, 2002, 04:19 PM   #105
Eric_tennis

YES!!!

Mi-ra fought back! She is leading in the 2nd set now!

3-6, 3-2.

Go, Mi-ra!