Mi-ra Jeon Cheering Thread - Page 56 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 2nd, 2005, 07:42 AM   #826
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future
Mi-Ra's withdrawn from $50K Louisville & $25K Hammond. Looks like the injury is serious...
Rising Sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 2nd, 2005, 06:05 PM   #827
country flag pcrtennis

pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future
I wonder if Mi-Ra will call it quits after this year...? Hope not, she is very talented, if only she'd get physically stronger. She's fun to watch!
Old Jul 4th, 2005, 09:36 AM   #828
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future
Mi-Ra's ranking has now dropped to 271.
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 06:40 PM   #829
country flag Rising Sun

Mi-Ra's ranking is now at 387. Her lowest in more than 5 years... It'll drop to the 400s next week.

The good news is that she returns to action in China next week. Hopefully she's fully recovered from whatever it was that's kept her out since June...

She has nothing much to defend until November, so hopefully she can make up for loss ground. Perhaps a few $10Ks would also do her confidence some good if she can get a few wins...
Old Aug 7th, 2005, 01:58 AM   #830
country flag pcrtennis

pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future
Go Mi-Ra!
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 04:47 PM   #831
country flag brunof

brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future brunof has a brilliant future
Mi-ra lost again in China today, and I read from one poster Mi-Ra plans to retire this year. Is this true?!?!?
Go Anne Keothavong, Akgul Amanmuradova, Samantha Stosur, Na Li, Liga Dekmeijere, Tamarine Tanasugarn ,Jill Craybas, Daniela Hantuchova, Natalie Grandin, Kimiko Date-Krumm, Elena Baltacha, Melanie South, Dominika Cibulkova, Caroline Wozniacki, Jie Zheng, Andrea Petkovic, Elena Dementieva, Jelena Jankovic
brunof is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 05:07 PM   #832
country flag Rising Sun

Nlyangel is from Korea, so I assume it must be true...

I wouldn't be surprised if WTA Seoul is gonna be her last tourney.

I don't understand why she's playing these Challengers if she wants to retire in a months time. Probably explains tho why she's not playing $10Ks to get some wins... If she does retire, she's probably gonna be the retiree that's saddened me the most, just because of the "What ifs".

I just pray that that she get some wins at $25K Ibaraki so she might reconsider her retirement.

Please Mi-Ra, as selfish as this sounds, don't retire yet.
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 07:22 PM   #833
country flag pcrtennis

Hope she doesn't retire but I can't imagine her career has any "ups" left....

Sad the way she just fizzled away...
Old Sep 20th, 2005, 06:57 PM   #834
country flag Rising Sun

Mi-Ra won her 1st rd match at $25K Ibaraki!

It's her 1st win since May, and her 4th of the year!

Her 2nd rd opponent is the talented So-Jung Kim. It's a make or break match for Mi-Ra since So-Jung is an up and coming player from her own country...

Please, Mi-Ra! Your best form's within you!
Old Sep 21st, 2005, 04:08 PM   #835
country flag Rising Sun

Mi-Ra won her 2nd rd 6-4 6-4!

She hadn't won 2 matches in a row since October last year.

Her QF opponent is Mari Tanaka, a very talented Selesian who's only turned pro this year. She won the National High School Champs in 2003 and 2004.

Good luck Mi-Ra!
Old Sep 21st, 2005, 08:42 PM   #836
country flag pcrtennis

Go Mi-ra! Don't Retire!! Win The Tourney!!!
Old Sep 21st, 2005, 08:43 PM   #837
country flag pcrtennis

So-Jung Kim has supposedly been up-and-coming for several years....is she actually good enough to break through?
Old Sep 23rd, 2005, 06:25 PM   #838
country flag Rising Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcrtennis
So-Jung Kim has supposedly been up-and-coming for several years....is she actually good enough to break through?
She was making good progress last year, but was out most of this year with injury. She seems to be getting back on track though.
Old Sep 23rd, 2005, 06:26 PM   #839
country flag Rising Sun

I found 2 articles here, but it's in Korean. I think Mi-Ra will be retiring at the $50K Challenger in Seoul next month.

http://www.sportsseoul.com/news/spor...0225084000.htm
http://www.sportsseoul.com/news/spor...0225202000.htm
Old Sep 23rd, 2005, 08:43 PM   #840
country flag pcrtennis

NOOO! Why didn't they give her a damn WC for WTA Seoul next week....what does the KTA have against her?