Mi-ra Jeon Cheering Thread - Page 47 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 5th, 2003, 03:34 PM   #691
country flag Steveg
Team WTAworld

Steveg has disabled reputation
Mi-Ra lost in singles too in the first round of Taizhou to a qualifier ranked 800 something.
Steveg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 5th, 2003, 11:51 PM   #692
Eric_tennis

Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light
Q)Dong def 2)Jeon 7-6(2) 6-4

Just, speechless.
Eric_tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2003, 03:41 PM   #693
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future
I don't know if this consolidates her loss, but Dong beat Elena Bovina in 2000. Still, Mi-Ra should have won the match...

All we can hope for now is that her form makes a turn-around in Australia.

Eric, to answer your question, the 2 $50K in China will take place after the $25Ks in Australia.
Rising Sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 12:44 AM   #694
Eric_tennis

Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light
Hi, danker

Mi-ra left a message yesterday and it explained a lot.
Mi-ra said she had a severe flu symptom last week and her voice had changed a scary one. She was worried that she might have got SARS in China.
When I visited China 2 weeks ago, they still examed everyone's body temperature and asked mandatory SARS symptom questionaire in the airport. It made some foreigners worried.

She said she would leave for Australlia this Friday, and would travel around in Australlia and China about 1 month. She said her flu is getting better but still hampers normal training.
She said she enjoyed casual mountain climbing yesterday with YJ Cho and a domestic-help lady of her apartment. I guess the three are getting along very well.

BTW, the ITF tennis site and Aceman's site still keeps the 50Ks in China having the same weeks with Aussie 25Ks.

Go, Mi-ra~~
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 03:13 AM   #695
Eric_tennis

I heard a news about Eun-ha Kim. She is in Manila now, and she led her team's junior players, Jeong-Ah Cho & Ji-Young Kim(who beat #1 seed last week). I thought she gave up her own playing career from the 1st week. But it is said that she is entered the qualification round as a on-site waiter(right term?). Anyway she decided to play.

For now, Korean Tennis Championship is helding in Seoul. The schedule was somewhat delayed due to the rain nowadays.

Thease are the quaterfinal results.
(1)Jin-Young Choi def (7)Yoo-Mi Jung 6-3,6-1
(Q) Soo-Mi Yoo def Mi-Hee Jung 6-0, 6-1
(3)Eun-Jung Lee def Eun-Sook Kim 6-3, 6-3
(2)Mi-Ok Kim def (8)Kyung-Won Kim 6-3,6-1

15 year old Ye-ra Lee entered this tournament as a wild card entry and advanced 2nd round beating Eun-Hye Cho, but lost to Yoo-Mi Jung in the 2nd.
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 04:35 PM   #696
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future
Thanks for the info Eric.

I'm relieved to know that Mi-Ra's flu played a part last week, but I'm still disappointed with her straight sets loss in the 1st week.
I hope she's better for next week.

Aceman hasn't updated his calendar, the 2 $50Ks will definitely take place after the Australian events.

I'm happy Eun-Ha is playing this week. I wonder why she didn't last week. BTW, the correct term is "alternate".
Old Nov 11th, 2003, 12:35 AM   #697
Eric_tennis

Hi, danker

Yeah, it's still disappointed with the Mi-ra's performance nowadays. I think Aussie events would have totally different atmosphere & season. Hopefully she feels fresh there.

As for Eun-ha Kim, I'm not sure what happend to her qualification match,... I heard that she received a bye as a alternate ( )and was supposed to play a junior player, Soon-Mi Seo in the qualy final.
But this morning, I heard that Soon-Mi entered the main draw as a qualifier and would play 2nd seed, Da-Jung Hong. It's hard to imagin Eun-ha lost to the junior. ????

As for the Korean Championship, Eun-Jung Lee and Jin-Young Choi will fight for the title tomorrow.
Semi-final :
Eun-Jung Lee def Mi-Ok Kim 6-3 1-6 6-2
Jin-Young Choi def Soo-Mi Yoo 6-2 6-0

Old Nov 14th, 2003, 12:07 AM   #698
Eric_tennis

Still no new message from Mi-ra. She is supposed to leave for Australlia today, though.
Hopefully, she is fully recovered from the flu now.

As for the Korean Championship, Eun-Jung Lee became the winner for consecutive years. She defeated Jin-Young Choi in the final, and now head-to-head record is 1-4.
In the interview Lee said, "I had not won a tournament this year losing to Mi-Ok Kim or Jin-Young Choi in the final three times. But I'm so happy now to win this most prestigious season ending championship beating those two player."
I'm happy for her to win this event cause she's kind of old and married women. So hopefully, it could be a good role model to younger players who considers early marriage & retirement.
Final score : Eun-Jung Lee def Jin-Young Choi 6-2 4-6 6-4

Jin-Young Choi & Mi-Ok Kim won the doubles title.

Old Nov 15th, 2003, 05:29 PM   #699
country flag Rising Sun

Thanks for the news Eric.

I'm happy for Eun-Jeong. She's definitely an underrated player, IMO.

Good luck to Mi-Ra in the next 4 weeks.
Old Nov 15th, 2003, 05:30 PM   #700
country flag Rising Sun

BTW, do you know anything about the player, Mi Lyoo? She's reached the $10K in Manila this week. I must admit, I never really paid attention to her prior to last week.

I'm surprised she only has 1 syllable to her first name as well.
Old Nov 16th, 2003, 08:56 AM   #701
Eric_tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by danker
BTW, do you know anything about the player, Mi Lyoo?
Hi, danker

I don't know much about her. She's 17 year old girl (2nd grade in high school,.. same grade with So-Jung Kim) definately top 8 junior player in Korea, but not regarded as top 4 player. During the research on her upon your request ( ), I found that she had a hard training recently, and this is her first abroad ITF circuit entry. ( It's not that surprising for a Korean junior player,.. they really don't have an opportunity like this. )

I found an article after her first tournament win in high school in 2002. It says she's 173cm high and 58Kg, and having good serve and backhand down the line as her biggest weapon.
In the interview she said "I'm so happy to win my first tournament. My goal is to reach #1 in the world. I'd like to thank Mr Shin who has coached me for 5 years and my head-coach. "
She sounds quite ambitious girl,.. and fortunately met a good coaching staff who can support her abroad tournament recently.
Old Nov 16th, 2003, 09:13 AM   #702
Eric_tennis

Still no new message from Mi-ra. I guess she is in Australlia now.

I visited YJ Cho's site to recruit some info on Mi-ra. But there were none. Anyway, YJ left a message several days ago. She said she hit some balls that day for the 1st time in 50 days. She hit some balls with her coach, IS Kim. for 40 minutes then stopped the session after feeling pain on her wrist. She had to go rehab center then has been told that "Don't play tennis for a while." She said she was desperate after hearing the comments but she decided to focus on her physical training more.

Anyway, I heard Mi-ra gets #8 seed in the aussie challenger and Jin-Hee Kim is the lone player from Korea.

Go, Mi-ra~~
Old Nov 16th, 2003, 11:47 PM   #703
Eric_tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by danker
I'm surprised she only has 1 syllable to her first name as well.
Oh, I forgot to mention this. It's not that rare case to have only 1 syllable to one's first name. I guess around 5% of Korean have 1 syllable first name.
Her lone syllable 'Mi' means beauty, and it's quite popullar for girl's name and it's the same with Mi-ra's 'Mi' and Mi-ra means 'beautiful silk'.
Old Nov 20th, 2003, 05:24 AM   #704
Eric_tennis

Mi-ra lost in the 1st rd again...

Shelley Stephens(Q) def MiRa Jeon(8) 7-6(1) 7-5

So many 6-7 or 5-7 situation this year.
Old Nov 23rd, 2003, 05:21 PM   #705
country flag Rising Sun

Mi-Ra lost 1-6 1-6 in doubles 1st rd as well...

Good luck in Mount Gambier...