Mi-ra Jeon Cheering Thread - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 08:42 AM   #16
Eric_tennis

Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light
She won 1st round match today in 25K Seoul Challenger!

7 Mi-ra Jeon (KOR) def SEKULOVSKI Beti (AUS) 6-2,6-3

Go, Mi-ra!!
Eric_tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 08:54 AM   #17
country flag Steveg
Team WTAworld

Steveg has disabled reputation
Thanks for the good news Eric and congratulations to Mi Ra !
Steveg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 01:07 AM   #18
Eric_tennis

Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light Eric_tennis is a glorious beacon of light
WTA ranking as of April 22, 2000

rank name point add next-off
226 Mi-ra Jeon 115 20 5

After Seoul challenger, she will be #2 ranked player in Korea. Hopefully she can represent Korea in Asian game,... and some good results from Japan challenger in coming week,.... she can enter Grand Slam!!!!

Go, Mi-ra!
Old Apr 24th, 2002, 04:32 PM   #19
adlysha babalu

adlysha babalu is just really nice adlysha babalu is just really nice adlysha babalu is just really nice adlysha babalu is just really nice adlysha babalu is just really nice adlysha babalu is just really nice adlysha babalu is just really nice adlysha babalu is just really nice adlysha babalu is just really nice adlysha babalu is just really nice adlysha babalu is just really nice
heyy..what mi-ra website??

All the best to her!!
adlysha babalu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2002, 12:15 AM   #20
Eric_tennis

Quote:
Originally posted by adlysha babalu
heyy..what mi-ra website??

All the best to her!!
This is the link for her fan site.
http://cafe16.daum.net/_c21_/bbs_lis...1uNK&fldid=tUV

You might have some problem to read it,.. it's written in Korean.

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 12:19 AM   #21
Eric_tennis

She won again!

She beat top seed Shinobu Asagoe easily with her pinpoint & deep stroke.

She will play Jin-young Choi in the semi.

Hope that she wins this challenger event.

Go, Mi-ra!
Old Apr 26th, 2002, 05:02 PM   #22
adlysha babalu

adlysha babalu is just really nice adlysha babalu is just really nice adlysha babalu is just really nice adlysha babalu is just really nice adlysha babalu is just really nice adlysha babalu is just really nice adlysha babalu is just really nice adlysha babalu is just really nice adlysha babalu is just really nice adlysha babalu is just really nice adlysha babalu is just really nice
Unhappy

shhezee her website is in korean! too bad
adlysha babalu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2002, 08:10 AM   #23
Eric_tennis

Mi-ra won Seoul Challenger!

I'm happy for her. And she's very happy now!

7 Mi-Ra Jeon (KOR) def 5 Flavia Pennetta (ITA) 4-6,6-4,6-1

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 08:13 AM   #24
Eric_tennis

During the ceremony right ater the match,... Mi-ra had short speech,.. and very emotional. She said she is very grateful for everybody,... (mentioned so many people including ball boy&girls ) And she also said she will try more and more to

I really think she deserve this win, she really earned it. It should be a big boost for her career,... her first challenger victory. She broke in top 200 again!

I'm just back from the tournament site.

While watching the match, I was worried about her stamina cause she had a hard fight over 4 hours yestday. But she must have trained so hard or mentally tough enough to last 3 setter again.

And she had big pressure mentally as well as physically from yesterday match. The semi match against Jin-young Choi was televised not only nation-wide but also world-wide using internet streaming. Many tennis-related internet boards, so many people posted severe critisism,..... some said the two player should be banned in domestic tour forever. ( How ridiculous! )
And the commentator on TV said "It's quite embarrasing to have this moonball game from two nationa representative players. It's pathetic,.. and they should change their game." something like that. And the broadcasting was stopped after second set.

Congratulations!
And good luck to Mi-ra next week.
Old Apr 27th, 2002, 09:30 AM   #25
country flag Steveg
Team WTAworld

Congratulations to Mi-Ra . This is certainly only a new beginning for her .

And sorry about the bad critics for her 1/2 final, but this is not her game, her style and her spirit. She managed well against a player who tried to take advantage of her weaknesses! Well done here also .

And I hope for you Eric, that you had time to chat with Mi Ra at some stage during this tournament .
Old Apr 28th, 2002, 05:14 PM   #26
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future
Congrats to Mi-Ra on an excellent week last week.

Hopefully this will lead to even better things. I think she left for Nagoya on Sunday morning and it should be a short distance to Gifu.

I hope she gets a good draw, unlike last year.
Rising Sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2002, 08:12 AM   #27
Eric_tennis

Steveg : Thanks for your advice. Even though I didn't talk to Mi-ra,... but she looked so happy after the match surrounded by her friends and supporters. That's good enough for me.

danker : You're right. You must have read Mi-ra's message on her site. She left for Nagoya on Sunday. She left her message at the airport,... maybe she had long party on Saturday night, I gues.
She also mentioned her victory was possible thanks to her supporters.

Good luck to Mi-ra, this week,... again!

Old May 6th, 2002, 11:53 AM   #28
country flag Steveg
Team WTAworld

I know you will update Mi-Ra present ranking, Eric , all the more so as the new one includes Seoul and Gifu .

And congratulations to Mi-Ra for this weekly improvement. I hope for her she will continue the same way all year long (and even after ).

Good luck to her in Fukuoka !!!
Old May 7th, 2002, 04:34 AM   #29
Eric_tennis

Mi-ra's New Ranking : #186

Mi-ra is back to top 200!

She is 2nd ranked player in Korea and hopefully get a spot for Asian Game 2002.
And most of all,... it will guarantee her entry for 2002 Wimbledon Qualification.

Grass is her favorate surface and Wimbledon is memorable place for her,... runner-up in Wimbledon Junior singles.
Hope that she seize these golden opportunities.

Go, Mi-ra!
Old May 7th, 2002, 05:23 AM   #30
Eric_tennis

Quote:
Originally posted by Steveg
I know you will update Mi-Ra present ranking, Eric , all the more so as the new one includes Seoul and Gifu .

And congratulations to Mi-Ra for this weekly improvement. I hope for her she will continue the same way all year long (and even after ).

Good luck to her in Fukuoka !!!
Thanks for reminding me, Steveg.

I've wanted to be away from tennis stuff for a while. I think I've been obsessed with tennis stuff too(somewhat) much during the last several weeks.

I got the worst ever sun-burn on my face during the Lee Junior tournamant & Seoul challenger period and used excessive amount of time for lunch those days. So, many people in my office asked me what's going on and worried about me,.... I didn't drop a hint though.

I worked in a tropical country during the winter and spring season. I played tennis almost everyday (at night with lights ),... I used to travel every weekend doing swimming in the beach, elephant safari,...etc But I couldn't imagine I would get this worst sun-burn on my face in Korea,..the mild temperate zone.

I played tennis 4 hours last weekend. I had no hitting partner at that time,.. but I managed to hit with several guys without any break... and those are all strangers to me. And I'm going to play tonight as well.
Nowadays I'm desperate to know my faves' result.....so,...

I guess I'm definitely obsessed with tennis too much now.