Lena in Qatar - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 19th, 2005, 07:29 PM   #16
country flag Andrew.
A winner is me.

Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichole
I love the hat thing in one of the pics - does she usually wear it like this in games ?
Yes. That's the Mickey Mouse hat. It brings good luck.
Advertisement

Old Feb 19th, 2005, 07:30 PM   #17
country flag Andrew.
A winner is me.

Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold
Lena has not defeated Asagoe before. She last played her at Eastbourne 03, losing in straight sets. But that was on grass, and Lena wasn't playing well then. Lena should win that now, and I like her draw to the QF.
Old Feb 20th, 2005, 05:07 PM   #18
country flag Andrew.
A winner is me.

Lena will be playing her 1r match tomorrow.
Old Feb 20th, 2005, 07:25 PM   #19
country flag Andrew.
A winner is me.

Lena is first one Center Court tomorrow. I'm so excited for her return. Win or lose I'm just glad she's back. Udachi baby!
Old Feb 21st, 2005, 03:08 PM   #20
country flag Andrew.
A winner is me.

Lena won the first set 7-5. Keep it up!
Old Feb 21st, 2005, 04:21 PM   #21
country flag Andrew.
A winner is me.

Lena defeated Asagoe 7-5 7-6. Welcome back Lena!

24 straight opening match wins.
Old Feb 21st, 2005, 04:30 PM   #22
country flag Shoulderpova
Team WTAworld

Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute
way to go Lena B Welcome back
Her next opponent will be either Hantuchova or Maleeva?So she has chance to beat any of them
Go Lena B
Shoulderpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2005, 05:00 PM   #23
country flag Anik

Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute
Old Feb 21st, 2005, 06:59 PM   #24
country flag Andrew.
A winner is me.

Lena won her last matches against both Hantuchova and Maleeva.
Old Feb 21st, 2005, 08:09 PM   #25
country flag Andrew.
A winner is me.

Bovina in straight-set win at Qatar Open

By RIZWAN REHMAT, Associated Press Writer

February 21, 2005 DOHA, Qatar (AP) -- Sixth-seeded Elena Bovina of Russia returned to the court for the first time in 3 1/2 months Monday, beating Shinobu Asagoe of Japan 7-5, 7-6 (6) in the first round of the Qatar Open.

Playing chiefly from the baseline, Bovina won for the first time in three tries against Asagoe.

``I am happy that I managed to win my first match,'' said Bovina, who battled a variety of injuries last season and hadn't played since reaching the final in Linz, Austria, in October. ``I was a bit slow at the start but I am glad I did not lose the tiebreaker. I got good match practice.''

Bovina traded breaks with Asagoe to open the match, but earned two more in games four and 12 to claim the first set in 43 minutes.

Forced to a tiebreaker in the second set, the 6-foot-2 Bovina overpowered the 5-foot-7 Asagoe, establishing a 6-3 lead before finally prevailing.
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 07:48 PM   #26
country flag Anik

Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute Anik has a reputation beyond repute
Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Court 1 (from 15.00hrs)
1. Bovina vs. Hantuchova
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 08:18 PM   #27
country flag Andrew.
A winner is me.

Good luck Lena. I'll be flying on a plane when she plays.
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 04:03 AM   #28
country flag fOxYLiCiOuS

fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute
Goodluck Lena!

fOxYLiCiOuS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 04:28 AM   #29
country flag Shoulderpova
Team WTAworld

Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck Lena B Beat Hantuchova please
To Andrew.: I like your avatar .Very impressive
Shoulderpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 04:53 AM   #30
country flag peanuts

peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute
lena is back and she's won her first match against a player she has a losing record. asagoe has been playing well and i wasn't that sure lena can beat her especially in straight sets and in her first match back from injury. yay! good win for her.

hello everyone!!! haven't posted here for a while. i'm as excited as you guys to see lena back on the courts where she ought to rule ok i'm getting carried away with andrew's words: "In just over a week, order will be restored to the Tennis Universe." nice one man, that was

for the second time this week she's facing a player she has a losing record. daniela leads their H2H (2-1) but lena has beaten daniela quite easily in their most recent match in moscow (indoors) 6-2, 6-3.

hoping for the best. daniela has been playing well lately so elena better watch out. daniela may caught her flat-footed on the baseline with some cheeky dropshots.
peanuts is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote