~Rennae Stubbs~ - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 15th, 2010, 04:49 PM   #166
country flag Drine

Drine has disabled reputation
Re: ~Rennae Stubbs~

Linnae 4-6 1-5*
At least, they avoided the bagel....
Drine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 15th, 2010, 04:52 PM   #167
country flag Drine

Well, they lost 4-6 1-6
They're not the pair they used to be, they're really struggling and it makes me sad
I hope they'll get better results soon
Old Apr 15th, 2010, 06:28 PM   #168
country flag tenniscrazy84

tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all

tenniscrazy84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2010, 01:22 PM   #169

tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all tenniscrazy84 is a name known to all

Stubbsy's Fed Cup blog I

Tampa, 21 April 2010
Rennae Stubbs

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the world of travel nightmares, being a professional tennis player and, also, being a part of our Tennis Australia Team that is travelling with us.

As of today, I am actually in the comfort of my own home here in Tampa, but the rest of our team at this point in time is scattered all around the world, literally. We are all trying our best to get to Kharkiv in Ukraine for our very important group 1 play-off match against the Ukraine.

We have been delayed and re-routed and, well, pretty much inconvenienced by Mother Nature or, as we are calling it, that bloody volcano!

At the moment, Sam and I are both still in Tampa and we have been waitlisted for our flights all week. Sam is booked tomorrow night and I am not booked ‘til Thursday, putting Sam and I in there very late indeed.

I am sure Sam will be ready to go after coming off an amazing week in Charleston where she captured the biggest title of her career, but still not an easy proposition for anyone to arrive Thursday and play Saturday. But I am confident she will be ready.

I am not 100 per cent sure where the rest of our gang is at this moment. I think Alicia might be arriving today and Anastasia is already in Kharkiv after an adventurous trip from New York to Kiev and then on to Kharkiv on a Ukrainian Airline, guts I tell you!

Our incredible support group is arriving today and Dave, our coach, is arriving sometime tomorrow. I have to give a shout out to our Physio, Mel Omizzolo who got stuck in Hong Kong for three days and then flew home to turn around the next night and fly to Europe! Mel, you’re a trooper!

OK all, I will keep you updated on our travel adventures and of the week in Ukraine, stay posted.

Stubbsy
Old Apr 21st, 2010, 11:19 PM   #170
country flag Drine

Stubbsy and her famous sense of humor
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 12:35 PM   #171

Stubbsy's Fed Cup blog II

Kharkiv,24 April 2010
Rennae Stubbs

Hi there everyone,

Well, I finally landed in Kharkiv and the whole gang is officially here. I arrived safe and sound today on the same flight as our coach, Dave Taylor.

I flew from Tampa via Washington DC and Vienna, and he came from Zurich after getting in from the States the day before. This weekend's tie has certainly been an adventure to say the least for the whole team and will be a great effort to get a win. But I believe in our team and our staff to get the job done.

Anyway, no rest for the wicked, I am off to the courts for a practice after arriving a few hours ago. Got to do what you got to do to be ready for the weekend. So, it's going to be a little short this blog, as I've gotta get going, but I will write more later.

Hi to everyone back home and, for all of you, we are all safe, no volcano issues anymore, just a hot team, ready for some action!

Later Friday ...

So, as you can imagine I am well and truly ready for bed. It's been one of those many days in a tennis player's life of flying half way around the world and then straight to work. After a great practice with Alicia we made our way back to the hotel for our first full team dinner, thank God we have Anastasia on our team, as it really helps with the interpretation of the menu and with the waitresses.

As always it was quite the funny night, full of our usual storytelling and laughter. Our team Doc, Dr Carolyn Broderick, had some cracker stories, including her days of cooking for Mick Jagger. Her “something is in the shower that shouldn't be” story from a few days ago in a Vienna hotel that, well, let's just say, we will keep this one to ourselves, but boy oh boy did we laugh.

Then there are the parental stories from Fiona, our team manager, and new Dad Dave Taylor. One of the really great things of being on a team, especially one like ours, is that we have shared so many memories and stories over the years that we all find ourselves never afraid to hold the floor with a good yarn!

And, sure, I might be prone to telling a few stories myself, but hey, that's what makes this week such a fun one. I would like to add, that Sam wore the traditional Ukrainian dress that was given to her last night as a gift at the official team dinner, hopefully our media expert Brooke posts that photo she took, because Sam looked a treat!

What you don't know, is that underneath the skirt is a pair of board shorts, leave it to Sam to have a little Aussie still in her as apparently it was a tight fit!

Onto the serious stuff, Anastasia is making her Fed Cup debut tomorrow for Australia first up, then followed by Sam, watch the live action on FUEL network live in Australia and get behind the girls as they battle tomorrow to get us off to the start we need to get us into the elite eight for the first time in a long time where I believe Australia deserves to be.

Thanks for reading and wish us luck.

PS more stories to come!! Night night ...

Stubbsy
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 08:49 PM   #172
country flag Weemee
Misses her Momocaine!

Weemee has a reputation beyond repute Weemee has a reputation beyond repute Weemee has a reputation beyond repute Weemee has a reputation beyond repute Weemee has a reputation beyond repute Weemee has a reputation beyond repute Weemee has a reputation beyond repute Weemee has a reputation beyond repute Weemee has a reputation beyond repute Weemee has a reputation beyond repute Weemee has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks....you gotta love Stubbsy!

A true champion. A champion of the courts. A champion of our hearts. A champion of the people. A champion of overcoming prejudice. A true inspiration and role model for woman around the world, gay and straight alike!

Je croire toujours en vous Amélie
Weemee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 09:14 PM   #173
country flag Drine

Great funny blog again
I hope she's gonna play for another.....what....15 years
I'll miss her so much when she retires, I just love this woman
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 10:53 PM   #174

Old Apr 24th, 2010, 10:54 PM   #175

Old Apr 25th, 2010, 01:51 AM   #176

Old Apr 25th, 2010, 12:13 PM   #177

Stubbsy's Fed Cup blog III

Kharkiv,25 April 2010
Rennae Stubbs

Hey there everyone,

Sorry I didn't write last night, no excuse really as I was up till about 1.15am anyway with a wedding going on on the floor below and then a fireworks display from the wedding outside of our windows, but i tried to sleep. If I had known that was going to happen I would have had this blog done a little earlier!

Anyway, grumpy and no sleep aside, what a day for Australia and what a day for our debutante Anastasia Rodianova or, as we call her, Rodi!

Alicia at one stage in her match yesterday turned to me and said, “Do you think her parents are wondering who Rodi is?” Anastasias parents came in from Moscow to watch their daughter put on a display of guts and tenacity for her adopted country that I am sure they were proud of and as a member of this team for some on and off 18 years, it was one of the truly great comebacks and efforts I have witnessed.

To take down their number one player, who has represented her country in numerous ties in front of a very partisan crowd, was truly a memorable moment for all of us and got us off to the start we were all hoping for yesterday.

Sam then walked onto the court and after a slow start down 0-3 (I am sure due to some jetlag) as expected the world number 10 crushed her opponent 6-3 6-0.

Sam has once again proven herself as one of Australia's great Fed Cup players as she did what was expected of her after Anastasia's first-up win to give Australia the well earned 2-0 lead going into today’s action.

I hope you are all watching us live on FUEL TV back home, we are so happy that it’s getting televised and we thank the Fox network and Fuel for the coverage as we all want Australia to know that the women are doing you proud over here.

We are one win, hopefully by Sam this morning, to being back in the World Group for 2011. Wish us luck everyone and cheer loudly from home.

Thanks for reading,

Stubbsy
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 12:21 PM   #178
country flag Drine

Stubbsy
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 02:18 PM   #179
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

"Alicia at one stage in her match yesterday turned to me and said, “Do you think her parents are wondering who Rodi is?” Anastasias parents came in from Moscow to watch their daughter put on a display of guts and tenacity for her adopted country that I am sure they were proud of and as a member of this team for some on and off 18 years, it was one of the truly great comebacks and efforts I have witnessed."

Interesting quote from Alicia and interesting that Rennae posted it. Not sure they should hint that Rodi often doesn't fight in her matches. Both gals have put their fair share of average matches in, over the years.
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 02:33 PM   #180
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

^ No, she meant that they wouldn't know who "Rodi" is because that is what the girls would've been shouting when cheering her on. Her Russian parents would probably never have heard the term "Rodi" before.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote