Katarina Srebotnik! - Page 230 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 30th, 2011, 09:11 PM   #3436
country flag vanoss

vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold
Re: Katarina Srebotnik!

I thought that was not allowed. But their match could not be played "after suitable rest" anyhow. Well, so much for the career mixed slam
vanoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 30th, 2011, 09:14 PM   #3437
country flag vanoss

vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold

Wimbledon site:
Unfortunately, it was an altogether sadder state of affairs for No.3 seeds Nenad Zimonjic and Katarina Srebotnik who were forced to give 14th seeds Leander Paes and Cara Black a walkover. Srebotnik made the decision to withdraw after injuring her back.
Old Jun 30th, 2011, 09:25 PM   #3438
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute

oh noes Kata
hopefully precautionnary and a good recovery before the SF tomorrow (if she's allowed to play it ?)

KATA - AMG -
APS

Serena- Garcia- Hercog- KDK- Daniilidou- Puig- Muguruza...

*Jool* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2011, 09:33 PM   #3439
country flag vanoss

I agree with Jon., you need a reason to withdraw.
Old Jul 1st, 2011, 08:20 AM   #3440
country flag Boreas

Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not the one to judge really, but isn't it hypocritical how doubles players always complain about the lack of coverage and interest in their matches and how they should be treated with more respect - yet they go and mindlessly pull out of mixed doubles, obviously believing it's not worth breaking a sweat when they have W/M doubles still to play. They're discrediting themselves with such actions and I kinda hope Kata and Zimonjic end up losing their SFs - and learn that they need to be consistent with their believes...
Boreas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2011, 12:15 PM   #3441
country flag dos Santos

dos Santos has disabled reputation

2011.Wimbledon.Mixed.Doubles.R2.Zimonjic-Srebotnik.vs.Hutchins-Watson.ENG.576i.MPEG2.BBCi-dukie.ts
dos Santos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2011, 01:53 PM   #3442
country flag Boreas

Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute

OK, my wishes didn't come true, haha - they're through to the final Kata/Peschke/Vesnina defeated Mirza 6-3 6-1. Sadly Vesnina, even though she was a great addition to the team, wont be there in the final

Vesnina literally couldn't hit a ball over the net. Like, no ball at all!
Old Jul 1st, 2011, 01:55 PM   #3443
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute

yeah it was scary how she missed that many returns .. even Mirza wasn't great , and of course, Kata-Kveta steamrolled

good luck in the final !!

KATA - AMG -
APS

Serena- Garcia- Hercog- KDK- Daniilidou- Puig- Muguruza...

*Jool* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2011, 02:05 PM   #3444
country flag vanoss

Lighten up Boreas! Kata's been doing great all year, and now she has a chance to reach the top of the doubles ranking. After having had to give up singles, she's definitely making the most of it.
Old Jul 1st, 2011, 02:27 PM   #3445
country flag Boreas

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanoss View Post
Lighten up Boreas! Kata's been doing great all year, and now she has a chance to reach the top of the doubles ranking. After having had to give up singles, she's definitely making the most of it.
I can still tell what bothers me. And that yesterday was a fine case of hypocrisy from Kata.

Also -she purposely decided to give her singles career up, she didn't have to. She said it herself - I know I could get back inside the top 70, but that doesn't interest me when I've already been in the top 20 before.

Not criticizing her - we just have to make things straight here.

I'm happy for her, she deserves a slam in women's doubles as well.
Old Jul 1st, 2011, 02:36 PM   #3446
country flag vanoss

Don't let it bother you, is all I'm saying.
Old Jul 1st, 2011, 05:36 PM   #3447
country flag vanoss

Poor Nenad is out.
Old Jul 1st, 2011, 09:34 PM   #3448
country flag vanoss

Play suspended in the other SF at 55 in the third.
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 01:00 PM   #3449
country flag dos Santos

dos Santos has disabled reputation

WTA.2011.Wimbledon.Doubles.QF.Peschke-Srebotnik.vs.Peng-Zheng.ENG.576p.x264.BBCi-dukie.mkv
dos Santos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 07:39 PM   #3450
country flag Deneb

Deneb has disabled reputation

And the Ladies Doubles Wimbledon Champions 2011 are Kveta Peschke and Katarina Srebotnik! So,so happy for them!
Deneb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote