Katarina Srebotnik! - Page 205 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 17th, 2010, 08:11 PM   #3061
country flag igralec33

igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Katarina Srebotnik!

I'm scared that was one of Kata's last singles match in her carrer. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Advertisement

Old Aug 17th, 2010, 08:16 PM   #3062
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute

what is/was the cut-off for the US Open qualies?
she was ranked about 230-240 a few weeks ago ...might be enough ?? ( I 'm dreaming , I guess...)

KATA - AMG -
APS

Serena- Garcia- Hercog- KDK- Daniilidou- Puig- Muguruza...

*Jool* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2010, 08:17 PM   #3063
country flag TeamUla

TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute

She's like 20 ALT.
Hopefully someone pulls out in the last moment when the draw's released and then Kata gets in. Seriously Kata should have signed in to 100+H Challenger in Bronx next week. She would get in.

www.teamula.com. Are YOU team Ula ENOUGH?
TeamUla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2010, 08:20 PM   #3064
country flag igralec33

igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelag View Post
She's like 20 ALT.
Hopefully someone pulls out in the last moment when the draw's released and then Kata gets in. Seriously Kata should have signed in to 100+H Challenger in Bronx next week. She would get in.
At start of year she said she won't never play ITFs.
Old Aug 17th, 2010, 08:26 PM   #3065
country flag TeamUla

TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute

then...
hopefully she will play the quallies of some weak asian WTAs then.

www.teamula.com. Are YOU team Ula ENOUGH?
TeamUla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2010, 08:29 PM   #3066
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute

well...good for her to show some pride ..but a few ITFs now and then wouldn't hurt...
she also could have played in Palermo/Budapest qualies before Portoroz ...
anyway ...let's just wish we'll get to see more of her in singles , it would be stupid to give it all up ... she still can come back , she got a few close losses that could have changed lots of things had she won them (Bammer IW, Kookie at the FO ... ) , which proves she's not that far away from the top 50-100 level ...but with her ranking it's a given she won't enter Premier events in singles , and if she does nothing (WTA qualies+ ITF) to gain a few spots here and there when she has blanks in her oh so important doubles calendar .... then byebye

KATA - AMG -
APS

Old Aug 18th, 2010, 12:19 AM   #3067
country flag Ellery
It's like cool epilepsy.

Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute

I saw the entire match and I'll write a detailed report tomorrow

But yeah, she was pretty bad
Ellery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 12:03 PM   #3068
country flag Ellery
It's like cool epilepsy.

Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute

The match followed the Kimiko vs Monica match, which lasted about 3 hours and was an incredibly high quality affair. My expectations were kind of high

The match started off as an utter shitfest. I think the first game went something like this.

Kata

15-0 winner off a good serve
15-15 DF
15-30 DF
30-30 Jie return UE
30-40 Kata forehand UE
deuce Jie return UE
Ad. Kata. Kata draws error from Jie
game Kata Jie backhand UE.

Hot mess. Kata wasted 3 BPs or so in the second game (crappy returns, some forced errors), and Jie went up 3-1. I would say for these first four games or so, Kata was kind of dominating the baseline rallies, but she messed up quite a bit with some random UEs. Jie was pretty bad off the ground then, at least by her standards.

Then, somewhere along the middle of the first set, Jie's groundies started clicking. Once that happened, it was pretty much Kata. In the last game of the first set, Jie hit 3 amaze forehand/backhands in a row to set up SPs.

The second set followed this, except with Jie serving at 2-0, 30-30, Kata got a really lucky netcord. The ball hit the middle of the net before somehow ending up on Jie's side Jie doublefaulted then on BP, and I thought this could be a turning pt in the match. Kata ended up holding in the next game, saving a BP with a nice winner. She then went up 15-30 on Jie's serve at 2-2. Kata then dumped a second serve return into the net , Jie hit a nice backhand down the line, and an ace After this hold, Kata seemed really deflated and I think she won 3 pts in the last 3 games of the match The match ended on an amazing crosscourt backhand by Jie, one of the best winners of the match.

Overall, in spite of what the SB might say (I was surprised to find out she had served 62%), I thought her serve was horrendous. In the first set, she seemed to net half of her first serves Even when it landed in, it never seemed too threatening. Jie's return was shitteous for the first few games, but after that point she had no trouble even returning Kata's first serves. There was some wind though, so that might have been a factor, but still.

Kata's forehand and backhand were also hot messes She hit quite a few UEs, especially in the first, when Jie's game hadn't quite clicked yet. With all that said, there were positives too Kata hit 4 or 5 dropshots, and she won all of these pts (or almost). Same for her net approaches, there were 5 or 6 of them and she won almost all of them. Her hands at the next were still amaze. Maybe she should have come to the net more often though.

There was a cute moment in the middle of the match when the wind was pretty strong and Kata threw the ball three times in the air before catching it each time. She was getting kind of exasperated and she just randomly threw a ball at Jie.
Jie was like, uh thanks? and then said, smiling, take your time! It was pretty cute. (Kata ended up needing 2 more ball tosses before finally serving it )

The handshake was very warm at the end. Kata leaned down and said something to Jie. They seemed to have a lot of respect for each other.

Anyway, I don't know what Kata will do from this point on with her singles career, but I wish her the best of luck. From what I saw of the singles match, it's not hard to see why she is still a kickass doubles player, and perhaps she can transfer that to singles too?
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 12:13 PM   #3069
country flag Boreas

Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Long report for a rather short match

realistically, perhaps we should admit that focusing on doubles is not a bad idea, everything considered. Her forehand has became terribly inconsistent, her backand was never anything else but average and with zero confidence she would really struggle to get back in the top 100, if even. Volleys and touch game is what she does best and the doubles is where she can use them best
Boreas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 12:16 PM   #3070
country flag Ellery
It's like cool epilepsy.

It's the first ever match I've watched live in its entirety

Also, it was between two players I love, so pardon my enthusiasm.
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 12:19 PM   #3071
country flag Boreas

Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnaceon View Post
It's the first ever match I've watched live in its entirety

Also, it was two between two players I love, so pardon my enthusiasm.
Pardon me, I should have said it's also great and very detailed
Boreas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 04:51 PM   #3072
country flag *Jool*

thx for the report Tuo

so..Kata was that bad huh ?

good luck in doubles, a good draw to reach at least the SF...but after their horrific loss last week ... who knows lol

KATA - AMG -
APS

Old Aug 18th, 2010, 09:28 PM   #3073
country flag Ellery
It's like cool epilepsy.

Kveta and Kata up 6-4
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 10:14 PM   #3074
country flag Ellery
It's like cool epilepsy.

They won 64 26 10-3
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 10:21 PM   #3075
country flag *Jool*

phew

KATA - AMG -
APS