~Luxembourg Tennis~ - Page 28 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 24th, 2010, 10:34 AM   #406
country flag Drimal

Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Luxembourg Tennis~

Interview with Mandy Minella in the newspaper Luxemburger Wort:

In the past months Mandy Minella has experienced a provisional highlight of her career. The 25 year old could advance from world rank 241 to 136, with a high rank at 128.

Furthermore Minella has won two ITF tournaments (Lutz/USA and Vaihingen/GER) and stormed into third round of the US Open as a qualifier. Nevertheless she seems less satisfied with her past season as one could expect.

Q: What do you consider your most overwhelming and what your less beautiful moments while looking back at the year 2010? Would you do several things differently?
Mandy: I have definitely learnt that I have to organize my season better. I've noticed that I need a little break from time to time because my body is sometimes showing signs of exhaustion Because of keeping on playing during such phases I couldn't realize good results during several weeks. I will take a break the week after the Fed Cup in the upcoming year for instance. In the past I've made the mistake to travel to the next tournaments immediately after the tough Fed Cup encounters.

I have to improve my grass game too. This season I haven't played one bad match on grass but still couldn't get victories on that surface. Of course there have also been positive moments: I'm satisfied with my level of play which I've reached during the past months. The results have been good and without a doubt I can look back at my best season.

Q: You are getting closer to your aim, the entry into the top 100 of the world. What are your feelings about this?
Mandy: I am not impatient and I won't content myself with reaching the top 100. I want more and will have new aims but first of all I need to enter top 100.

Q: The preparation for the upcoming year is in full progress. What have you worked on during the off season?
Mandy: I have approached the physical preparation differently compared to the past. The stamina and power training have been the major parts. I have built on muscle mass in order to get a more solid game. I need more power than a smaller player in order to get in the right shot position while being in motion.

Q: How does your schedule for next season look like?
Mandy: I will fly to New Zealand on Sunday and will play the ASB Classic in Auckland (220.000 $). After that I will play the Moorilla Hobart International (220.000 $) and the Australian Open (9,2 Million $).

Kerber :: Razzano :: Siniakova :: Hantuchova :: Diyas :: Svitolina

Last edited by Drimal : Dec 24th, 2010 at 10:43 AM.
Drimal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 24th, 2010, 11:08 AM   #407
country flag Vaxey

Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully she'll be in TOP 100
Old Dec 26th, 2010, 09:58 PM   #408
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaxeyq View Post
Hopefully she'll be in TOP 100
I hope same
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 11:30 AM   #409
country flag coetzergambill

coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of

anne lost her 1r quali match in auckland, and mandy also lost in the 1r. maybe they play doubles. better luckt next time and gl for the AO. get those wins, girls!

S.Asagoe Y.Basuki J.Capriati Y.Cho A.Damayanti K.Date-Krumm M.Drake S.Hsieh T.Huỳnh Phương Đi J.Jackson A.King A.Kremer Y.Leacock J.Lee N.Li M.Lucic A.Mauresmo M.Moulton-Levy A.Muhammed L.Osterloh S.Perry M.Pierce W.Prakusya N.Ramalalaharivololona D.Randriantefy Z.Razafimahatratra A.Rolle C.Rubin C.Scheepers S.Sfar A.Stevenson A.Sugiyama T.Tanasugarn M.Tu I.Tulyaganova M.Washington A.Widjaja S.Williams V.Williams J.Zheng
coetzergambill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2011, 07:00 AM   #410
country flag Drimal

Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute

Hobart

Q1: Mandy Minella def. Isabella Holland 6:4 1:6 7:6(4)

Phew, well fought Mandy! She hasn't found her best form yet though.

Old Jan 12th, 2011, 01:03 PM   #411
country flag Drimal

Mandy's Australian Open qualy draw:

[4] Z. Kucova vs. Iijima
Irigoyen vs. Beygelzimer
Georgatou vs. Rodionova
O'Brien vs. [16] Minella

It's a winnable draw I think. Mandy needs to find some form though.

Anne's Australian Open qualy draw:

[7] Pivovarova vs. Sumner
Albanese vs. E. Bogdan
Bovina vs. Daniilidou
Kremer vs. [23] Bratchikova

Tough opponents awaiting in possible second qualy round with either Bovina or Daniilidou. At least first round is doable.

Good luck!

Old Jan 13th, 2011, 12:02 AM   #412
country flag Slutati
The Most Lovely Member

Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, Mandy! Do your best and qualify please
Slutati is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2011, 05:16 AM   #413
country flag Drimal

Q1: Anne Kremer def. [23] Nina Bratchikova 6:1 6:4

Old Jan 14th, 2011, 09:41 AM   #414
country flag Drimal

Q1: (16) Mandy def. Katie O'Brien 3:6 7:5 6:3

She came back from 3:6 2:5 and then 0:2 30:40! Great fight!

Next opponent is Arina Rodionova who she beat in US Open qualy last year.

Old Jan 14th, 2011, 10:00 AM   #415

coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of

congrats anne, she showed once again that age doesn't matter that much anymore! now against daniilidou! gl in the second round and qualify please!

S.Asagoe Y.Basuki J.Capriati Y.Cho A.Damayanti K.Date-Krumm M.Drake S.Hsieh T.Huỳnh Phương Đi J.Jackson A.King A.Kremer Y.Leacock J.Lee N.Li M.Lucic A.Mauresmo M.Moulton-Levy A.Muhammed L.Osterloh S.Perry M.Pierce W.Prakusya N.Ramalalaharivololona D.Randriantefy Z.Razafimahatratra A.Rolle C.Rubin C.Scheepers S.Sfar A.Stevenson A.Sugiyama T.Tanasugarn M.Tu I.Tulyaganova M.Washington A.Widjaja S.Williams V.Williams J.Zheng
Old Jan 15th, 2011, 07:48 AM   #416

Q2: Anne Kremer def. Eleni Daniilidou 62 60.

wow, what a scoreline. she nearly destroyed eleni. anne seems to be in great form at the right time! gl in the 3rd quali round against pivovarova. come on anne, qualify!

Old Jan 15th, 2011, 07:56 AM   #417
country flag Drimal

Q2: Anne Kremer def. Eleni Daniilidou 6:2 6:0

A great win against a tricky opponent.

Good luck in third qualify round against Pivovarova. You can do it.

Q2: Mandy Minella lost to Arina Rodionova 1:6 1:6

Old Jan 16th, 2011, 12:10 AM   #418
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: ~Luxembourg Tennis~

Anne's in the main draw. Great reward for all her hard work all these years.
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2011, 07:41 AM   #419
country flag Drimal

So proud and happy for Anne

Fingers crossed for a good draw.

Old Jan 16th, 2011, 08:11 AM   #420
country flag Drimal

Next opponent in 1st round is Simona Halep.