The Ultimate Soccer thread - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 4th, 2005, 08:10 PM   #31
country flag Paco

Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by northernlight
Daniel da Cruz Carvalho ( last club was Atletico Madrid, also former Ajax player)
Yeah, he was very good player. But I don't know where he is playing. I heard that he was the most hansdome player in dutch league.

With Benny McCarthy, Jari Litmanen and Tijani Babangida (where is he palying now?) he was ma favourite Aajx player.
Please, don´t smile
I´m paralyzed and you are still alive.
Paco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 4th, 2005, 08:16 PM   #32
country flag Mathijs

Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco
Yeah, he was very good player. But I don't know where he is playing. I heard that he was the most hansdome player in dutch league.

With Benny McCarthy, Jari Litmanen and Tijani Babangida (where is he palying now?) he was ma favourite Aajx player.
yes Dani was one of the most handsome players indeed........ and a good one to, he scored twice against Atl. Madrid in the QF of the CL (it was in 1997 or 1998 i believe)

Dunno where Baba is playing now, but the last news (already 3 years or more ago) was that he was playing in Turkey or Greece.....

Well i have alot of fav Ajax players but will tell ya next time bout it, cuz i really need to go now....

Once a Lena fan, always a Lena fan!
Chief Officer of the new SS Dementieva
Admirer of the sky and all its stars and constellations at night
FC Groningen, olé olé olé, Groningen olé Groningen olé FC Groningen olé olé olé
Mathijs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 08:29 PM   #33
country flag Paco

Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute
And next my favourite players - from my childhood. I have just looked at my football magazines from 1994-2002 and I remembered these players:
Phil Masinga (South Africa)
Daniel Amokachi (Nigeria)
Viktor Ikpeba (Nigeria)
Mustapha Hadji (Marocco)
Bebeto (Brazil)
Cuathemoc Blanco (Mexico)
Luis Hernandez (Mexico)
Jared Borghetti (Mexico)
Palencia (Mexico)
Cobi Jones (USA)
Henrik Larsson (Sweden)
And every Ajax players from 1994-1995 (Jari Litmanen, Marc Overmars, Frank Rijkard, Danny Blind, Edgar Davids, Clarence Seedorf, Michael Raizinger, Edvin van der Saar, Finidi George, Nwankwo Kanu, Patrick Kluivert and others)

And players about which I told you earlier:
Nuno Gomes (Portugal)
Daniel da Cruz Carvalho Dani (Portugal)
Tijani Babangida (Nigeria)
Benny McCarthy (South Africa)
Jari Litmanen (Finland)
and
Jorge Campos (Did you forgive me that I had forgotten about you??? )
Please, don´t smile
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 08:31 PM   #34
country flag Mathijs

Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
And next my favourite players - from my childhood. I have just looked at my football magazines from 1994-2002 and I remembered these players:
Phil Masinga (South Africa)
Daniel Amokachi (Nigeria)
Viktor Ikpeba (Nigeria)
Mustapha Hadji (Marocco)
Bebeto (Brazil)
Cuathemoc Blanco (Mexico)
Luis Hernandez (Mexico)
Jared Borghetti (Mexico)
Palencia (Mexico)
Cobi Jones (USA)
Henrik Larsson (Sweden)
And every Ajax players from 1994-1995 (Jari Litmanen, Marc Overmars, Frank Rijkard, Danny Blind, Edgar Davids, Clarence Seedorf, Michael Raizinger, Edvin van der Saar, Finidi George, Nwankwo Kanu, Patrick Kluivert and others)

And players about which I told you earlier:
Nuno Gomes (Portugal)
Daniel da Cruz Carvalho Dani (Portugal)
Tijani Babangida (Nigeria)
Benny McCarthy (South Africa)
Jari Litmanen (Finland)
and
Jorge Campos (Did you forgive me that I had forgotten about you??? )

Paco, i did search for my fav players at the same way as you, you going through my season guide of the Dutch league and the season guide of the foreign countries

Once a Lena fan, always a Lena fan!
Chief Officer of the new SS Dementieva
Admirer of the sky and all its stars and constellations at night
FC Groningen, olé olé olé, Groningen olé Groningen olé FC Groningen olé olé olé
Mathijs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 08:35 PM   #35
country flag Paco

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan_jonas
Paco, Poland isn't weak, you have great players in Olisadabe, Zurawski and Szymkowiak.
I'm a Championship/Football Manager addict.
....and Mila, Krzynówek (the best one), Frankowski.
But nobody more.
I just don't know how they won 3 matches in WC eliminations.
Please, don´t smile
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 08:46 PM   #36
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Miffedmax what do you think about Cobi Jones?
I ask you because he is american.
In my opinion he is pretty good.
Paco:

I love Cobi on the national team.

I hate Cobi because he used to score goals in buckets against my home team in MLS. He had a two-goal, two assist performance against Dallas that I still have nightmares about.

So I have a love/hate thing with Cobi--but there's no denying he was among the first American players really good enough to compete on the world stage.

From what I understand he is also a smart, nice guy who shows his appreciation to his fans. He certainly comes across that way when interviewed by the press.

So, yes, I would say he is (or was, age is catching up with him) among the best U.S. players and he is very popular among U.S. fans.

Of course, most Yanks would just give you a blank stare if you asked who he was.

Max
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 12:36 AM   #37
country flag bergkamp2004

bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light
paco you are bringing back the memories by mentions those players. Amokachi was influential in everton's 1995 fa cup win.

Does anyone remember tony yeboah, the man who scored wondergoals off the crossbar
bergkamp2004 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 08:16 AM   #38
country flag Paco

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergkamp2004
paco you are bringing back the memories by mentions those players. Amokachi was influential in everton's 1995 fa cup win.

Does anyone remember tony yeboah, the man who scored wondergoals off the crossbar
I remember him but I don't remember the goal
Please, don´t smile
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 08:54 AM   #39
country flag jmcfarla

jmcfarla has much to be proud of jmcfarla has much to be proud of jmcfarla has much to be proud of jmcfarla has much to be proud of jmcfarla has much to be proud of jmcfarla has much to be proud of jmcfarla has much to be proud of jmcfarla has much to be proud of jmcfarla has much to be proud of jmcfarla has much to be proud of jmcfarla has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergkamp2004
How about everyones top 5 players of all time

1.Dennis Bergkamp
2.Peter Schmeichel
3.Tony Adams
4.Paulo Maldini
5.Bobby Charlton
Hi all, you'll probably pick up I'm a Glasgow Rangers fan (it is so hard not to be biased)
But here's some of my favs:

Of All Time
1. Ferenc Puskas (Hungary) - 1950s/60s
2. Lev Yashin (USSR) - 1960s
3. Jim Baxter (Scotland) - 1960s
4. Diego Maradona (Argentina) - 1980s/90s
5. Nandor Hidegkuti (Hungary) - 1950s
On the bench:
6. Denis Law (Scotland) - 1960s
7. Alexei 'Tiger' Khomich (USSR) - 1940s/50s

Players I've Seen (mostly Rangers players)
1. Ally McCoist (Scotland) - Super Ally
2. Brian Laudrup (Denmark) - Sheer class
3. Andy Goram (Scotland) - the Goalie
4. Mark Hateley (England) - One of England's most under-rated strikers
5. Davie Cooper (Scotland) - the late great Davie Cooper
On the bench:
6. Stuart McCall (Scotland) - all heart
7. Henrik Larsson (Sweden) - he may have played for Celtic, but class is class
8. Stefan Klos (Germany) - der Goalie
jmcfarla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 01:00 PM   #40
country flag Ronaldo777

Ronaldo777 is a name known to all Ronaldo777 is a name known to all Ronaldo777 is a name known to all Ronaldo777 is a name known to all Ronaldo777 is a name known to all Ronaldo777 is a name known to all Ronaldo777 is a name known to all Ronaldo777 is a name known to all Ronaldo777 is a name known to all Ronaldo777 is a name known to all Ronaldo777 is a name known to all
best players ever;

pele
maradona
platini
weah
cryff
roy keane
zidane
figo
ronaldo
romario
ronaldinho
maldini
stoichkov
socrates
cristiano ronaldo will rank top of these in couple of years
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 06:07 PM   #41
country flag Paco

As I saw not only I like Russian national team.
Here squad of Russia team A:

Name - Pos. - Team
Sergei Ovchinnikov - G - Lokomotiv (Moscow)
Viacheslav Malafeev - G - Zenit (Sankt-Petersburg)
Igor Akinfeev - G - CSKA (Moscow)
Vadim Evseev - D - Lokomotiv (Moscow)
Alexei Berezutsky - D - CSKA (Moscow)
Roman Sharonov - D - Rubin (Kazan)
Alexei Bugaev - D - Torpedo (Moscow)
Dmitri Sennikov - D - Lokomotiv (Moscow)
Sergei Ignashevitch - D - CSKA (Moscow)
Alexander Aniukov - D - Krylia Sovetov (Samara)
Alexei Smertin - M - Chelsea (London)
Eugeni Aldonin - M - CSKA (Moscow)
Rolan Gusev - M - CSKA (Moscow)
Marat Izmailov - M - Lokomotiv (Moscow)
Dmitri Alenichev - M - Spartak (Moscow)
Andrei Kariaka - M - Krylia Sovetov (Samara)
Dmitri Khokhlov - M - Lokomotiv (Moscow)
Denis Boyarintsev - M - Rubin (Kazan)
Igor Semshov - M - Torpedo (Moscow)
Dmitri Loskov - M - Lokomotiv (Moscow)
Vladimir Bystrov - M - Zenit (Sankt-Petersburg)
Sergey Semak - M - PSG (Paris)
Dmitri Sychev - F - Lokomotiv (Moscow)
Alexander Kerzhakov - F - Zenit (Sankt-Petersburg)
Andrei Arshavin - F - Zenit (Sankt-Petersburg)
Dmitri Bulykin - F - Dinamo (Moscow)
Dmitri Kirichenko - F - CSKA (Moscow)

What do you think about each players?
In my opinion:
Andrei Arshavin can be one of the best palyers in the world.
Alexander Kerzhakov, Dmitri Bulykin, Dmitri Sychev are very good forwards.
Rolan Gusev, Marat Izmailov, Andrei Kariaka, Alexei Smertin are good mid.
Vadim Evseev is very good def.
Igor Akinfeev is very young and, in futute, he will be one of the best goalkeeper in the world.
Please, don´t smile

Last edited by Paco : Feb 6th, 2005 at 06:30 PM.
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 10:44 PM   #42
country flag _LuCaS_
Stimpacker

_LuCaS_ has a reputation beyond repute _LuCaS_ has a reputation beyond repute _LuCaS_ has a reputation beyond repute _LuCaS_ has a reputation beyond repute _LuCaS_ has a reputation beyond repute _LuCaS_ has a reputation beyond repute _LuCaS_ has a reputation beyond repute _LuCaS_ has a reputation beyond repute _LuCaS_ has a reputation beyond repute _LuCaS_ has a reputation beyond repute _LuCaS_ has a reputation beyond repute
Hi
I love soccer
Fav player: Mutu (even if he is now suspended until May...btw Juventus already owns him )
Fav all time player: Hagi
Unfortunately our national team is going through a crisis, Iordanescu resigned after a 1-1 with Armenia but I still have hopes for the World Championships in Germany, even if we are in group with Holland and Czech Republic
Old Feb 6th, 2005, 12:18 PM   #43
country flag stefan_jonas

stefan_jonas is just really nice stefan_jonas is just really nice stefan_jonas is just really nice stefan_jonas is just really nice stefan_jonas is just really nice stefan_jonas is just really nice stefan_jonas is just really nice stefan_jonas is just really nice stefan_jonas is just really nice stefan_jonas is just really nice stefan_jonas is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by northernlight
mm unfortunately Paco, i don't have a view and clue on who's gonna be the next big player in the senior Ajax squad from the youth, Babel is the next best player to come, he is such a great player!!
Urby Emanuelson, Hedwiges Maduro and Keneth Vermeer look alright. Baba played last for 1860 Munchen I think not sure exactly where he is right now.

And Paco why isn't Sergey Semak in the lineup? Hes one of the best Russian players by far. And I would have also thought Yegor Titov would be indispensible.

My dream team:
Hedman(Gk)
1. F. de Boer
2. P. Andersson
3 .F. Baresi
4. E.Davids
5. B. Laudrup
6. J. Cruyff
7. R.van der Vaart
8. Denilson
9. H. Larsson
10. P. Kluivert

Bench:
S. Petterson, T.Brolin, D.Bergkamp, F.Rijkaard, T. Christiansen(Spain), R. Donadoni, G. Popescu
stefan_jonas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2005, 04:39 PM   #44
country flag bergkamp2004

bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light
yegot titov failed a drugs test. he might have been banned for that
bergkamp2004 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2005, 05:30 PM   #45
country flag Paco

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan_jonas
And Paco why isn't Sergey Semak in the lineup? Hes one of the best Russian players by far. And I would have also thought Yegor Titov would be indispensible.
I have it from official russian football federation site:
http://www.rfs.ru/
There is now different squad for friendly match vs. Italy.
And yes Semak is pretty good - I added him to lineup
Please, don´t smile

Last edited by Paco : Feb 6th, 2005 at 06:48 PM.