The Ultimate Soccer thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 08:45 PM   #1
country flag Mathijs

Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute
The Ultimate Soccer thread

While we are discussing some soccer in Lena D's non tennis thread, i have decided (the idea is from Max, all credits to you Max ) to make an soccer thread so we can discuss it here, cuz i've noticed (other Lena fans as well i think) that besides supporting Lena, Soccer is also a very big and interesting thing that swelters amongst Lena D fans...

So go ahead and feel free to tell us Lena D fans who are interested in soccer, everything you wanna say or inform us about soccer....

Once a Lena fan, always a Lena fan!
Chief Officer of the new SS Dementieva
Admirer of the sky and all its stars and constellations at night
FC Groningen, olé olé olé, Groningen olé Groningen olé FC Groningen olé olé olé

Last edited by Mathijs : Jul 20th, 2006 at 03:31 PM.
Mathijs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 08:51 PM   #2
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute
Three months 'til MLS (US) soccer kicks off!

I am salivating in anticipation, even though Eddie Johnson is the only quality player we have. (Okay, he's lighting up CONCACAAF in qualifiers, so it's all relative).

But yes, Lena D. and football are the most important things in sports.

Max
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 09:04 PM   #3
country flag Mathijs

Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute
Andy, do the south american TV station show the Dutch comp or any other European competition a little?? (i am also wondering Max if you can see some taped matches from europe??)

I dunno but there are some Latin/South American players that play in the Dutch competition, including our fav player Mauro Rosales (i can keep u up to date bout him in this thread if that's okay with you ) mmm i can name some Latin/ South American players that play in the Dutch Premier League and the first Division.
I like alot of Latin/South American players that play in our Dutch Competition...
okay here i go:

- Ajax: Mauro Rosales (Arg), Maxwell (Bra)
- Feyenoord: Jean Carlos Dondé (Bra), Jorge Acuña (Chl), Sebastián Pardo (Chl), Gerson Magrão (Bra), Leonardo Vitor Santiago (Bra)
- FC Groningen (one of my fav clubs in Holland, also the local club and the nearest city here, i live about 15 km west of Groningen, which is in the North of Holland ) Hugo Alves Velame (Bra)
- NEC Nijmegen: José Valencia (Ecu), Edgar Barreto (Par), Tininho (Bra)
- PSV: Alex Rodrigo Da Costa (Bra), Leandro do Bonfim (Bra), Jefferson Farfán (Per)
- Roda JC: Cristiano Dos Santos Rodrigues (Bra), Sergio Pacheco de Oliveira (Bra)

1th Division:

- FC Volendam: Alair Cruz Vicente (Bra)

Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 09:10 PM   #4
country flag Mathijs

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax

I am salivating in anticipation, even though Eddie Johnson is the only quality player we have. (Okay, he's lighting up CONCACAAF in qualifiers, so it's all relative).

Max
For me as well Max, i am addicted to Lena as well to football

Hope the USA can qualify themselves to the World Champs 2006, they have a good team

My fav country teams are: Holland (offcourse how the hell should i dare to be not cheering for my own country ), Croatia, Mexico, England, Senegal, USA, Russia (haha not only becuz of Lena is Russian, i am fan of their team for a long time now ), Portugal, Argentina and the Czech Republic.....

Last edited by Mathijs : Feb 3rd, 2005 at 09:49 PM.
Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 09:30 PM   #5
country flag Mathijs

Here's the rest of the post i've edited in LenaD's Non tennis thread, it belongs here more :

Firstly i have to explain you sth, sorry to say this but with PSV and me it's the other way around, i hate PSV, well it'll be cuz here in Holland it's like this if you are a fan of PSV or Feyenoord, you hate Ajax, if you are a fan of Ajax it's the other way around.

Well i'm a Feyenoord fan as well, and that's a difficult situation in my family for me and my dad, who are Ajax fans, cuz the brothers of my dad are all supporting Feyenoord, so we tease (jokingly tease eachother) with results if Ajax or Feyenoord have lost

I am fan of Ajax since the beginning of the 90's
Liverpool is a great team!, i am happy they bought Fernando Morientes (yeah I am a Liverpool fan as well )
Btw we have sth in common, we both hate Juventus, i am also not very fond of AC Milan, Real Madrid or Bayern Munich or Man Utd..... (sorry)

I know about the American and South American competitions from a soccer magazine here in Holland called VI (english name Soccer International) so i do follow the American and Latin American comp sometimes (i am trying to follow them more) but i am more European Competition orientated then on America or any other continent.....

If you are American i think you should know the following American players who have play in the Dutch Comp or still are playing, offcourse Beasley from PSV (he is a great player and i don't hate him let there be no doubt bout that, but it's just the fact that he plays with PSV ), Earnest Stewart (formerly played at Willem II and NAC Breda) John O'Brien (Ajax), and Charles Kazlauskas (NEC Nijmegen)

Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 09:32 PM   #6
country flag Paco

Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax

Max
Yes, Lena and football are the most important, but if I had to choose one I'd choose Lena
Please, don´t smile
I´m paralyzed and you are still alive.
Paco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 09:35 PM   #7
country flag Paco

Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute Paco has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by northernlight
My fav country teams are: Holland (offcourse how the hell should i dare to be not for my own country , Croatia, Mexico, England, Senegal, USA, Russia (haha not only becuz of Lena is Russian, i am fan of their team for a long time now ), Portugal, Argentina and the Czech Republic.....
And here are my fav country teams: Mexico, Russia (because of Lena), Peru, Portugal.
I think that Polish team is very week.
Please, don´t smile
Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 10:09 PM   #8
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute
My favorite teams are USA, followed by the ancestral homelands: Scotland, England, France and Wales. I also like Russia (pre-Lena, even), Jamaica (once the US is safely thru), Denmark, Cameroon and S. Korea. I think if you can overlook the PSV/Ajax thing, Northa and son Elliot would get along famously. He loves Holland (wears his rather worn Holland jersey all the time). His favorite player in the world is van der Saar, followed by Kasey Keller and Tim Howard. Favorite field players are Bergkamp and Beasley--the killer b's?

I do get to see some stuff here on tape. My friends and I also spring for pay-per-view for things like the European Championships and various cups. The internet makes it easier to follow things too. We have season tickets to FC Dallas (U.S. Open Cup Champs '97). I've been to World Cups in Mexico (1986) and the U.S. (1994). And I played in one of the first soccer leagues organized in the state of Texas when I was a kid.

So there's my soccer history.

Max
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 02:01 AM   #9
country flag bergkamp2004

bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light
I am a massive Arsenal fan who is quite upset at the moment. Arsenal were dreadful v man utd in the second half and were deservedly beaten. I am the biggest DENNIS BERGKAMP fan there is. I honestly believe bergkamp is the greatest player EVER. I am not from the arsenal area but i have loyally supported them since 1993 when i remember andy linhigan scoring the winning goal for arsenal in the fa cup final. So i may be called a glory supporter but i stick with arsenal through thick and thin.

i love going to football matches and sometimes go to arsenal matches but more often england matches. I am not patriotic when it comes to european matches. I hope liverpool, man utd and chelsea all lose their champions league matches as i want arsenal to be the best. However i want middlesborough to win the uefa cup.

Top 5 teams

arsenal
wolverhampton wanderers
bayern munich
everton
rapid bucharest - due to football manager !!

top 5 international teams

england
wales
france
argentina
holland - due to bergy connection

top 5 goals scored

Bergkamp - holland v argentina
Bergkamp - Arsenal v Newcaste at St James park
Giggs - Man u v Arsenal where he took whole of defence on
Matt le Tissier - Southampton v Newcastle 1994 - unbelievable skill
Paulo Di Canio - West Ham - marco van basten style volley
bergkamp2004 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 03:09 AM   #10
country flag Chunchun
Team WTAworld

Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 04:32 AM   #11

bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light bergkamp2004 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Dementieva
if you dont like football, u need some help
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 09:36 AM   #12
country flag Elena2005

Elena2005 is just really nice Elena2005 is just really nice Elena2005 is just really nice Elena2005 is just really nice Elena2005 is just really nice Elena2005 is just really nice Elena2005 is just really nice Elena2005 is just really nice Elena2005 is just really nice Elena2005 is just really nice Elena2005 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergkamp2004
top 5 goals scored

Bergkamp - holland v argentina
Bergkamp - Arsenal v Newcaste at St James park
Giggs - Man u v Arsenal where he took whole of defence on
Matt le Tissier - Southampton v Newcastle 1994 - unbelievable skill
Paulo Di Canio - West Ham - marco van basten style volley
Bergkamp - holland v argentina, best goal I have ever seen!
Matt le Tissier - Southampton v Newcastle 1994 - unbelievable skill, the man is a genius.

1) Southampton - My favourite team even though they aren't doing well @ the moment
2) AC Milan - Go shevchenko (my favourite player)
3) Real Madrid - Raul, my 2nd favourite player

LenaD & Dani & Nasty

Go Marat Safin!
Elena2005 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 11:11 AM   #13
country flag stefan_jonas

stefan_jonas is just really nice stefan_jonas is just really nice stefan_jonas is just really nice stefan_jonas is just really nice stefan_jonas is just really nice stefan_jonas is just really nice stefan_jonas is just really nice stefan_jonas is just really nice stefan_jonas is just really nice stefan_jonas is just really nice stefan_jonas is just really nice
I've been an Ajax fan since I was about 3. Obviously I'm a fan of Holland also. I'm also into Swedish football. Stefan Selakovic (Halmstad, Heerenveen) is my favourite player, I wish Ajax would sign him. Patrick Kluivert is my favourite player of all time, and I am very dissappointed that he joined Newcastle.
I am not a fan of English football and in fact I find it very over-rated. I hope the English national team loses every single game they play.
Max, I reckon Landon Donovan is a top player, and I wish him well at Leverkusen. Being an Ajax supporter I like reading up on youngsters. Marat Izmailov from Russia is promising.
Paco, Poland isn't weak, you have great players in Olisadabe, Zurawski and Szymkowiak.
I'm a Championship/Football Manager addict.
stefan_jonas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 11:13 AM   #14
country flag Paco

I forgot about Jorge Campos from Mexico - the best goalkeeper I have ever seen.
I like his kits - it was so colourful.
Mea culpa, mea culpa

Jorge, please forgive me!!
Please, don´t smile

Last edited by Paco : Feb 4th, 2005 at 11:39 AM.
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 12:00 PM   #15

the english league is much better than the dutch league - thats why all the big stars leave for england, italy or spain