Clarisa Fernandez is back! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 31st, 2005, 08:18 PM   #1
country flag LucasArg

LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute
Clarisa Fernandez is back!

Good luck Clarisa!!!

Last edited by LucasArg : Dec 5th, 2005 at 02:12 AM.
LucasArg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 31st, 2005, 08:19 PM   #2
country flag LucasArg

LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute
She already won a 10K challenger in Miami last week, this week she is playing a 25k in USA also, she is playing the qualies.

She recieved a wild card to play in Bogota, Colombia!

You deserve the best baby!!!
Old Jan 31st, 2005, 08:34 PM   #3
country flag LucasArg

ROCKFORD -- Clarisa Fernandez pointed to court six at the Clock Tower Racquet Club on Sunday's first day of qualifying for the 10th Annual Rockford Challenger.

"I lost there in the semis," said the 23-year-old Argentine, reminiscing about 2001, the last time she played in Rockford. "I think it was to Jill Craybas. She won the tournament."

It was Craybas, and later the next year Fernandez lost again in a semifinal -- to Venus Williams in the French Open. She was on her way, ranked 26th in the world and playing in all the WTA tournaments.

Now, after two knee surgeries, she's back in Rockford, winning her first qualifying match 6-0, 6-1 over amateur Amanda Fink and needing another win today just to get in the main draw.

"The result here doesn't matter," Fernandez said. "This is the time to improve my game. Play and improve."

It sounds like an advertising motto, but it's Fernandez's credo since her lost season of 2004.

With a ranking of 369 and her history on the tour, Fernandez could have received a main draw into the Challenger of Rockford.

"We didn't ask for a wild card because she needs to play matches," her coach, Leonardo Lerda, said.

Last year at this time Fernandez was recovering from arthroscopic surgery on her right knee. She had the procedure in Australia and returned to her home in Cordoba, Argentina, to recuperate.

She went back to the clay courts of her homeland immediately and hit balls sitting on a stool.

"So I didn't lose the feel of the racket," she said.

She came back for the French Open in May and made it to the third round, but now her left knee needed to be scoped.

In August she went to Australia again for the procedure and returned home for more rehab.

"Now they're fine," Fernandez said of her knees. "They're perfect."

So is her tennis.

Fernandez won a $10,000 event in Miami before coming here, losing one set in five matches. After Rockford, she has a wild-card entry into a WTA event in Bogata, Colombia.

She beat Fink on Sunday in dominating fashion.

"I ran into a very good player," said Fink, the second-ranked junior in the nation who plans to play for USC next season.

"She has a lot of power. I knew after the first couple of games that this was a good player."
Old Feb 1st, 2005, 01:57 AM   #4
country flag LucasArg

bump
Old Feb 1st, 2005, 09:57 PM   #5
MAURO

MAURO is a jewel in the rough MAURO is a jewel in the rough MAURO is a jewel in the rough MAURO is a jewel in the rough MAURO is a jewel in the rough MAURO is a jewel in the rough MAURO is a jewel in the rough MAURO is a jewel in the rough MAURO is a jewel in the rough MAURO is a jewel in the rough MAURO is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasArg
She already won a 10K challenger in Miami last week, this week she is playing a 25k in USA also, she is playing the qualies.

She recieved a wild card to play in Bogota, Colombia!

You deserve the best baby!!!
good luck Clarisa

we hope a great year for you
MAURO is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 06:39 PM   #6
country flag LucasArg

She has already qualified for the main draw in Rockford

It is great that she can play matches to get her old form.

Go Clarisa , win the tournament!
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 07:03 AM   #7
country flag LucasArg

Clarisa lost 6-7(5) 5-7 to Dubois in the 2nd round in Rockford

I hope you can do better in Bogota!

Vamos Clarisa!!!
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 08:10 AM   #8
country flag LucasArg

Clarisa's next tournaments

Copa Colsanitas. Bogota, Colombia (tier III)
St Paul, USA 50K

Good luck Clarisa!!!
Old Feb 15th, 2005, 06:15 PM   #9
country flag LucasArg

A great start for Clarisa in Colombia. She defeated in the 1st round Paula Garcia form Spain 7-6(3) 6-2.

Keep it going baby!!!

She will face next the winner of Czink and Loit. Tough but possible!

Vamos Clarisa!!!
Old Feb 18th, 2005, 10:23 PM   #10
country flag Eugenia

Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future
Clarisa won 6-4, 6-4 to Gagliardi in Bogota!!! Tomorrow she will play with Flavia Pennetta! Good luck Clarisa, you deserve it!!!!!!
Eugenia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2005, 11:41 PM   #11
MAURO

MAURO is a jewel in the rough MAURO is a jewel in the rough MAURO is a jewel in the rough MAURO is a jewel in the rough MAURO is a jewel in the rough MAURO is a jewel in the rough MAURO is a jewel in the rough MAURO is a jewel in the rough MAURO is a jewel in the rough MAURO is a jewel in the rough MAURO is a jewel in the rough
I really hope Clarisa make the final
and she deserve a WC in Acapulco
MAURO is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2005, 07:05 AM   #12
country flag LucasArg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAURO
I really hope Clarisa make the final
and she deserve a WC in Acapulco
Next week she will play a 50K St. Paul in the USA.
Old Feb 21st, 2005, 06:36 PM   #13
country flag LucasArg

Clarisa withdrew from St Paul, MN on Feb 14th.

I don't know yet where she will play next yet.
Old Mar 10th, 2005, 08:08 AM   #14
country flag LucasArg

Clarisa is commited to play some challengers in March, her ranking is not good enough to play IW or Miami.

Her next commitments are:

7 March Orange, California, USA 50K

21 March San Luis, Potosi, Mexico 25 K

28 March Augusta, Georgia, USA 25 K

Good luck Clarisa!!!
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 12:05 AM   #15
country flag LucasArg

Clarisa's ranking was not enough to enter Orange qualy draw She will play next week in Mexico.

Vamos Clarisa!!!